Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I've been taking advantage of this great weather getting out riding. Sunsets have been spectacular. Glad I did, because the weather is going to change real quick now. Time for projects to get restarted. Putting a trailer hitch on the Slingshot this weekend so I can tow a small camper trailer next year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170925_181806-001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	120457
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Putting a trailer hitch on the Slingshot this weekend so I can tow a small camper trailer next year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170925_181806-001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	120457
    How's the gear box holding up? Think it's up to hauling a camper too?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    How's the gear box holding up? Think it's up to hauling a camper too?
    I had it replaced at 500 miles, totally defective. Leaking seals, bearing failure.... The new one is holding it's own, makes some noise but it seems they all do that. Terrible design. They should have used a drive shaft instead of the "L"-drive and rear wheel belt.

Confidence is good. Lots of folks pulling pretty substantial loads and the trailer I'm looking at is pretty lightweight.
    The Brain

I had it replaced at 500 miles, totally defective. Leaking seals, bearing failure.... The new one is holding it's own, makes some noise but it seems they all do that. Terrible design. They should have used a drive shaft instead of the "L"-drive and rear wheel belt.

Confidence is good. Lots of folks pulling pretty substantial loads and the trailer I'm looking at is pretty lightweight.
    I've seen some really nice ultralight camping trailers in recent years. A couple of fellow early Bronco owners have them..because our little trucks with such short wheelbases were not intended to tow much.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I've seen a couple, this is one I have my eye on. Been talking with the dealer, they may offer a tent option. Been holding out to see if they do.
    https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/go-easy-ultimate/

Hopefully it would be similar to it's big brother,, but not have the $10k price tag.
    https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/sylvansport-go-camper/
    The Brain

I've seen a couple, this is one I have my eye on. Been talking with the dealer, they may offer a tent option. Been holding out to see if they do.
    https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/go-easy-ultimate/

Hopefully it would be similar to it's big brother,, but not have the $10k price tag.
    https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/sylvansport-go-camper/
    The second one comes with nice accessories. She looks nice. ;-p

The second one comes with nice accessories. She looks nice. ;-p
    yeah.... very versatile for it's size.
    The Brain

yeah.... very versatile for it's size.
    I would expect so. Looks to be very compact and well put together. She probably has tennis shoes and boots in addition to the sandals too...

I would expect so. Looks to be very compact and well put together. She probably has tennis shoes and boots in addition to the sandals too...
    Oh. got it. yeah....
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 35