33% of BMWs survived this crash

glhs837

Power with Control

17yo kid was doing 120 in a BMW when he lost it and crossed the median, slamming into another BMW on the side of the road which had been stopped for speeding. Officer hears it coming and takes a long way out, but still makes it with minor injuries. I think ha he jumper over the rail he would have been uninjured, but it still worked.

The "good" BMW is the Z4 that sails right through with perfect timing.

SamSpade

Watched that on the Five yesterday and my first thought was why the #### didn't he jump the guardrail.
I suppose for the same reason why on TV, a person being chased by a car doesn't think to turn, zigzag, double back, jump a guard rail or run past a hydrant - but the vainly try to OUTRUN A CAR.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I suppose for the same reason why on TV, a person being chased by a car doesn't think to turn, zigzag, double back, jump a guard rail or run past a hydrant - but the vainly try to OUTRUN A CAR.
Darwinism.

SamSpade

Darwinism.
I know online - probably elsewhere - I've noted dozens of "why do they do that on TV" stuff.
One of them is why do people run in a straight line - in the street - when a car is chasing them - when jumping a guard rail or running off road down a hill pretty much stops them.

Another is one we saw on "The Rookie" the other night - where two cops defending against a mob of masked hoodlums get their asses handed to them, shot in the face, deep stab wound in the back - ---- so - when you see that TWO GUYS take out 3/4ths of your attack squad, why do you fight to the LAST MAN? Why don't you do like in Top Gun - and run like hell? Same episode - guys with bullet-proof shields and our heroes are shooting at the shields - dammit - they're NOT covering their face or their shins to their feet. Fire a spray of bullets at the squad's FEET.

How about this - you're running through the street and a sniper is atop a roof - and he manages to NOT lead his target as you run across his line of fire? You're running down a straight long corridor - and they're spraying bullets down the hall - how can ALL OF THEM MISS? There's no other place for the bullets to go.

Not even going to mention the "shoot the tire" stuff.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I don't think it is the kid's fault. That BMW saw the car pulled over in the other lane, accelerated to 120MPH, and crossed the median and crashed into the other car on its own accord.

Just like a Glocks shoot people of their own accord.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't think it is the kid's fault. That BMW saw the car pulled over in the other lane, accelerated to 120MPH, and crossed the median and crashed into the other car on its own accord.

Just like a Glocks shoot people of their own accord.
Sounds legit.

OccamsRazor

Just like how everyone that is driving in the lane next to you and wants to get in your lane NEVER thinks to slow down and get behind your car even though no one is behind you. The answer is ALWAYS MOAR GAS!!!!! Gotta get in front of you and squeeze between your car and the one in front of you.

SamSpade

Just like how everyone that is driving in the lane next to you and wants to get in your lane NEVER thinks to slow down and get behind your car even though no one is behind you. The answer is ALWAYS MOAR GAS!!!!! Gotta get in front of you and squeeze between your car and the one in front of you.
Well that's worse because it's real life, rather than repeated examples of the SAME idiocy on TV and movies - but I getcha.

On the other hand, I tend to do that myself, under certain circumstances - like when I can see someone is planning to shove their ass into my lane in front of me, and I can easily see that there's about enough space for them and a hydrogen atom. And they're doing it full throttle.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I always think of people trying to outrun a huge ball rolling downhill, or even Indiana Jones. Just step to the side, dimwit.

glhs837

Power with Control

The script, thats why :)