Pulling Their Clearances Is Only the Start – It’s Time to Stamp out Elite Privilege

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Help, I’m being oppressed! My freedom of speech was been utterly stripped from me because when I retired from the Army those fascist monsters took away my TOP SECRET security clearance. See, a security clearance is a special privilege I should be entitled to exploit for as long as I want to because… well, shut up peasant, that’s why. I learned this in my Con Law class, right after we studied the Constitution’s text enumerating the rights to abortion, wedding cake baking servitude, and to be called by the bizarre pronoun of your – I mean “xir” – choice.

Oh wait, all of that – except the giving up my clearance part – is utter nonsense.

But John Brennan, that hack, and his elite pals are supposed to get the special privilege of keeping it. Why? As a professional courtesy. See, security clearances are things you pass out as favors or rewards, I guess, at least among the elite. Courtesy among them, nothing for you, though. You aren’t special. You’re just some guy serving his country and not turning it into a profit center on the outside. Like a sucker.

[clip]

The liberals are right about something – privilege is destroying our country. But it’s not privilege based on what hellhole your great-great-great grandfather escaped from or the kind of biological plumbing you were born with. It is privilege based on your membership in a selfish, feckless, unaccomplished caste of schmucks that fancies itself our betters yet rejects, with the help of a complicit liberal press, any kind of accountability for the mess it’s made of everything.

You know why you got Trump? Because Donald Trump, with all his quirks, is exponentially more competent, capable, and trustworthy when it comes to running this country for the benefit of Normal Americans than the sorry collection of Ivy League-credentialed dimwits, progressive poohbahs, and Fredocon enablers that masquerades as America’s elite.

Pulling Their Clearances Is Only the Start – It’s Time to Stamp out Elite Privilege

Last edited:

h3mech

Help, I’m being oppressed! My freedom of speech was been utterly stripped from me because when I retired from the Army those fascist monsters took away my TOP SECRET security clearance. See, a security clearance is a special privilege I should be entitled to exploit for as long as I want to because… well, shut up peasant, that’s why. I learned this in my Con Law class, right after we studied the Constitution’s text enumerating the rights to abortion, wedding cake baking servitude, and to be called by the bizarre pronoun of your – I mean “xir” – choice.

Oh wait, all of that – except the giving up my clearance part – is utter nonsense.

But John Brennan, that hack, and his elite pals are supposed to get the special privilege of keeping it. Why? As a professional courtesy. See, security clearances are things you pass out as favors or rewards, I guess, at least among the elite. Courtesy among them, nothing for you, though. You aren’t special. You’re just some guy serving his country and not turning it into a profit center on the outside. Like a sucker.

[clip]

The liberals are right about something – privilege is destroying our country. But it’s not privilege based on what hellhole your great-great-great grandfather escaped from or the kind of biological plumbing you were born with. It is privilege based on your membership in a selfish, feckless, unaccomplished caste of schmucks that fancies itself our betters yet rejects, with the help of a complicit liberal press, any kind of accountability for the mess it’s made of everything.

You know why you got Trump? Because Donald Trump, with all his quirks, is exponentially more competent, capable, and trustworthy when it comes to running this country for the benefit of Normal Americans than the sorry collection of Ivy League-credentialed dimwits, progressive poohbahs, and Fredocon enablers that masquerades as America’s elite.

each time I left a job connected with the government , I had to re apply for my clearance, so what is the issue, you don't get it forever

glhs837

Power with Control
I think that on that level, very few people leave permanently. NExt administration, they are right back in, and so they just keep the clearance. Not right, but that's why.

Hijinx

I think that on that level, very few people leave permanently. NExt administration, they are right back in, and so they just keep the clearance. Not right, but that's why.

Let's put it out there in reality.
Brennan wants to keep his clearance because it is for sale to whoever hires him.

He is subject to receive information other people do not have, and that is a selling point to his next employer.
If he loses it he must seek work somewhere, where that clearance does not give him a hand up on someone without it.

transporter

each time I left a job connected with the government , I had to re apply for my clearance, so what is the issue, you don't get it forever

Were you on call to discuss current classified material after you left government employment?

Were you on call to provide information about classified events that happened under your watch?

Were you ever the head of an intelligence agency?

Was your security clearance revoked purely for political reasons?

Do you get the issue, now?

Our incompetent President thinks everyone should bow before him. He believes we should all sign loyalty pledges to him not the country. So he has revoked and said he intends on revoking the clearances of those who disagree with him politically. From an intelligence standpoint, that makes America weaker and more vulnerable. These are the things that conservatives used to care about!

h3mech

Were you on call to discuss current classified material after you left government employment?

Were you on call to provide information about classified events that happened under your watch?

Our incompetent President thinks everyone should bow before him. He believes we should all sign loyalty pledges to him not the country. So he has revoked and said he intends on revoking the clearances of those who disagree with him politically. From an intelligence standpoint, that makes America weaker and more vulnerable. These are the things that conservatives used to care about!

wow dude you are drinking the left's Kool-Aid, he is doing his job better then all the other POTUSs in recent memory, there is more money in our pockets, 401K and going through the roof. unemployment is at a all time low and you still have issues sounds like your TDS is showing

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Were you on call to discuss current classified material after you left government employment? "they are not!"

Were you on call to provide information about classified events that happened under your watch? "Name one Obama appointee that has or will be called!"

Were you ever the head of an intelligence agency? "Still Need to Know, is Need to Know! None of them do."

Was your security clearance revoked purely for political reasons? "If they arent' doing the work, they don't need it!"

Do you get the issue, now? "Yes. You and the other leftist, communist #######s need something else to bitch about!"

:rant: :rave: :bawl: :tantrum :cussing: TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! :tantrum :jameo: :bawl: :rant: TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! :tantrum

:ohwell:

SamSpade

Brennan should thank GOD that's all that happened, because he OUGHT to be in jail.
Pulling his security clearance? Why don't they just send him to bed without dinner?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I can tell you've never had an upper level clearance, you really have no idea about the facts behind them.

PeoplesElbow

When we hire a contractor that has had a clearance for years, is going to be working in the same spot they did as a contractor they lose their clearance until they go through a new investigation etc. What they did/knew on Friday as a contractor has no relevance to what they are able to know/do on Monday. It should be no different.

WingsOfGold

Funny stuff right there son, you think Trump and company will call on their advice? :rolleyes:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He believes we should all sign loyalty pledges to him not the country.

When and Where did this EVER Take Place ?

Oh right Woodrow Wilson ....

http://rightwingnews.com/quotes/the-best-quotes-from-jonah-goldbergs-liberal-fascism/

Indeed, it is my argument that during World War I, America became a fascist country, albeit temporarily. The first appearance of modern totalitarianism in the Western world wasn’t in Italy or Germany but in the United States of America. How else would you describe a country where the world’s first modern propaganda ministry was established; political prisoners by the thousands were harassed, beaten, spied upon, and thrown in jail simply for expressing private opinions; the national leader accused foreigners or immigrants of injecting treasonous “poison into the American bloodstream;” newspapers and magazines were shut down for criticizing the government; nearly a hundred thousand government propaganda agents were sent out among the people to whip up support for the regime and its war; college professors imposed loyalty oaths on their colleagues; nearly a quarter-million goons were given legal authority to intimidate and beat “slackers” and dissenters; and leading artists and writers dedicated their crafts to proselytizing for the government? — P.11-12

Hijinx

I doubt seriously that Brennan will be kept on call to share his advice.
Not sure Brenna ever led an Intelligence Agency. Under him there was little good intelligence.

I suppose Brennan's clearance was technically revoked because of political reasons.
When a person tries to destroy the President, Tries to be part of a coup,,Goes against the law and the Constitution, it could be because of politics. HIS politics.
It is you who does not get the issue.
This man is supposed to be working with Trump, not against him.
An intelligence agency that stops supplying intelligence for the President and tries to destroy him needs to be shut down.

President Trump is President.
He doesn't expect these agencies to bow down before him, but he does expect them to work for him--not against him.
They are supposed to work for the duly elected Administration.
Not against that Administration.
If they cannot do that , they need to get out of the way, or be placed out of the way.

They have no business placing their personal domestic politics in the way of doing their job.
Brennan should be in prison. He is getting off easy.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What everyone seems to forget is that if they really need to pick his brain on some intelligence matter, that can temporarily reinstate his clearance. :shrug:

What everyone seems to forget is that if they really need to pick his brain on some intelligence matter, that can temporarily reinstate his clearance. :shrug:

That's true. You don't just forget everything after being debriefed. And being debriefed does not relieve you from the responsibility of keeping secrets anyway. You sign a piece of paper that keeps you on the classified hook for the rest of your life.

Hijinx

If they need to pick his brain ( and that would be like picking a worm eaten apple in other words why not just leave it on the tree) it would be to get information he already has, not information he needs to be informed of.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's true. You don't just forget everything after being debriefed. And being debriefed does not relieve you from the responsibility of keeping secrets anyway. You sign a piece of paper that keeps you on the classified hook for the rest of your life.

That ^. It's frustrating sometimes, not being able to talk about or refer to a highly classified project even 30 years after it ended or was cancelled.

awpitt

Main Streeter

That's odd. I've never had to re-apply except when the expiration period comes up. Otherwise, the new employer takes sponsorship of the existing clearance.