8 month year old killed by dog in lusby

black dog

Free America
Uh, no. A growl is a warning. Heed that warning or suffer the consequences. And if you are allowing people, including children, to torment your dog, you shouldn't own one.

Dogs have a right to protect themselves.

Exactly, here is a great page about dogs body language.

http://www.doggonesafe.com/Speak_Dog

What horse$hit, a dog or cat is a pet and not a human, if the owner can't be the Alfa the pet will gladly take control of all the humans in the household.
It knows what you teach it and what you allow it to act. I'm willing to bet Vrai that your little pup runs that motor home like it owns it, barking and acting stupid and running around like a crazed animal. That is a learned behaviour that you allowed it to do and all it does is keep the dog in a hyped up lifestyle. The dog is not happy, your not happy and people around it arn't happy. A happy dog is one that's well mannered and minds it's place. And again, it's not a person. It's a animal.

PeoplesElbow

What horse$hit, a dog or cat is a pet and not a human, if the owner can't be the Alfa the pet will gladly take control of all the humans in the household.
It knows what you teach it and what you allow it to act. I'm willing to bet Vrai that your little pup runs that motor home like it owns it, barking and acting stupid and running around like a crazed animal. That is a learned behaviour that you allowed it to do and all it does is keep the dog in a hyped up lifestyle. The dog is not happy, your not happy and people around it arn't happy. A happy dog is one that's well mannered and minds it's place. And again, it's not a person. It's a animal.

So your kids always do exactly what you want, they never fight etc?

Nobody is saying dogs are people, they are animals with instincts and they can't always hold those instincts in check.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Ok, sufficient time has passed ... Why haven't these people been charged with child neglect and child endangerment by keeping a known aggressive type animal in reach of an infant? Where is child social services? Why wasn't that dog chained up while the infant was at the house? There are laws forcing us to wear a helmet when driving a motorcycle, and laws forcing us to wear seat belts, and laws forcing us to have child car seats in the remote possibility that we might accidentally, or through no fault of our own, harm ourselves or a child. Why are there no laws stipulating that a child cannot be in the presence of a known aggressive breed "pit bull' type dog to prevent mauling and death? Or laws forbidding the ownership of that type of dog with young children in the house? Or laws, at a minimum, stating that type of dog must be well chained and out of reach while a child is present? Hell, there are firearm laws that stipulate that firearms must be secured well away, and locked, and unloaded, so no one, or a child, can get access to it. Why not the same with aggressive and spontaneously without warning killing machine "pit bull" type dogs?

black dog

Free America
Bull####, what would you did if someone in your household did that to you? Most likely you would snap at them (verbal), since a dog communicates differently they give us clues, growling is one of the last before the actual snap.
So your kids always do exactly what you want, they never fight etc?Nobody is saying dogs are people, they are animals with instincts and they can't always hold those instincts in check.

You keep equating people to dogs, a huge amount of people in society believe there pets are humans.
I regret to inform you all, they are not humans. We domesticated them for a reason, it was for them to do a job for us. Not for them to run out of control, constantly barking while running around the house or yard. There's just no need for the animal insanity.
Stop by one of the local Minnonite or Amish farms and see if their dog sleeps in the house on the sofa or in someone's bed.
A pet needs and should know it's place, it not only keeps harmony in the house it makes for a happier and more content animal.

And I only have one kid, so he has no one to fight with.

PeoplesElbow

You keep equating people to dogs, a huge amount of people in society believe there pets are humans.
I regret to inform you all, they are not humans. We domesticated them for a reason, it was for them to do a job for us. Not for them to run out of control, constantly barking while running around the house or yard. There's just no need for the animal insanity.
Stop by one of the local Minnonite or Amish farms and see if their dog sleeps in the house on the sofa or in someone's bed.
A pet needs and should know it's place, it not only keeps harmony in the house it makes for a happier and more content animal.

I never said dogs should sleep in the bed with you, I think that is one of the nastiest things ever. I also hate when the ole ladys cat sticks its ass in my face. Personally I don't think dogs should be in the house if they are more than say 20 lbs period but thats me. I am saying they are animals and can't always control themselves due to their nature, how the #### do you get that I am calling them people?

Are you saying you have better control over you dogs than your kid? Animals all have social behaviors and we simply can't train that completely out of them, we can get close though.

Go smack you dog across the face as hard as you can and see if he doesn't snap back at you.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

there's a huge difference between working dogs and pets, from reading your post I don't think you've ever had a pet.

officeguy

I doubt that dog would have killed the baby while the master was in the home. With only the babysitter in the house the dog was being a dog and fixed a problem he perceived in the pack internal order.

black dog

Free America
I never said dogs should sleep in the bed with you, I think that is one of the nastiest things ever. I also hate when the ole ladys cat sticks its ass in my face. Personally I don't think dogs should be in the house if they are more than say 20 lbs period but thats me. I am saying they are animals and can't always control themselves due to their nature, how the #### do you get that I am calling them people?

Are you saying you have better control over you dogs than your kid? Animals all have social behaviors and we simply can't train that completely out of them, we can get close though.

Go smack you dog across the face as hard as you can and see if he doesn't snap back at you.

I have owned working dogs for 50+ years, first was Weimaraners for my father is a upland bird hunter, then 30 years of Labradors and now Chesapeake's ( because I like hard-headed dogs with personality ) for I'm a duck and goose hunter. I've corrected many dogs in my life, and only once did a female lab growl at me when I moved her dog bowl during feeding time. She relearned her place in the food chain again that evening.

If I just smacked my dog for no reason he would wonder for hours what he did wrong to bring that action upon him. And I'm more than sure he wouldn't bite me back.

black dog

Free America
there's a huge difference between working dogs and pets, from reading your post I don't think you've ever had a pet.

What dog do you think is happier, the dog doing daily what it's genetics tell it to do?
Or the Jack Russell that that can't contain itself because it lives in a townhouse and never gets to run like it's designed to do.

I do believe all my dogs have been pets that work like they were designed to do.
They have all lived long happy calm productive lives. None have ever bitten anyone, are calm and are not terrorists when people walk or ride by the back yard. They don't act stupid when the mailman comes or the doorbell rings.
Again I ask which one is the happier dog? The high strung one in the house that the owner can't control?
Or the one in the backyard or living room and minds it business waiting to be told to join the company that just came over.
Watch Cesar Millan on tv, he gets it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What dog do you think is happier, the dog doing daily what it's genetics tell it to do?
Or the Jack Russell that that can't contain itself because it lives in a townhouse and never gets to run like it's designed to do.

I do believe all my dogs have been pets that work like they were designed to do.
They have all lived long happy calm productive lives. None have ever bitten anyone, are calm and are not terrorists when people walk or ride by the back yard. They don't act stupid when the mailman comes or the doorbell rings.
Again I ask which one is the happier dog? The high strung one in the house that the owner can't control?
Or the one in the backyard or living room and minds it business waiting to be told to join the company that just came over.
Watch Cesar Millan on tv, he gets it.

Personally I think my pet malamute is probably happier one, she knows that she's part of the family.

black dog

Free America
Personally I think my pet malamute is probably happier one, she knows that she's part of the family.

I'm sure a hauling / sled cold weather work dog is quite happy living in Maryland in August. I do believe it would be much happier living in North Dakota doing what it's designed to do.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You need to teach her that that is not acceptable behavior. She does that to a dog who isnt so docile and it could end up badly. Getting in a dogs face is a big no-no.

Agree. And, we have been. Em's a quick little twinkie; been walking since she was 8 months old, and now she runs everywhere.

Um, why do you allow your granddaughter to do that to the dogs, especially when they growl at her and you are aware that dogs are unpredictable?

I did omit in my post, that when we see Em mess with the dogs, we immediately pull her away from them. We don't just sit back and watch her bother the dogs.

I just can't stop thinking about this horrific incident, and am even more vigilant to monitor her interaction with the dogs.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm sure a hauling / sled cold weather work dog is quite happy living in Maryland in August. I do believe it would be much happier living in North Dakota doing what it's designed to do.

She hasn't complained once in the 12 years since we picked her up from the rescue.

black dog

Free America
She hasn't complained once in the 12 years since we picked her up from the rescue.

It's a good thing that you rescued her, but I'm sure you will be waiting for awhile for her to tell, text or send you a email that's she's overheating and needs a shave and a cool off in the neighbors pool.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's a good thing that you rescued her, but I'm sure you will be waiting for awhile for her to tell, text or send you a email that's she's overheating and needs a shave and a cool off in the neighbors pool.
She's got her own pool.