A dangerous time indeed

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

We all saw nazis marching in Charlottesville. I saw it on dozens of channels , in print , from people I know who live there. Not sure what you are taking about. Yes those things have been made into law but not 150 years ago as was stated. I've lived in DC my entire life. I'm sure you haven't spent much time in SE or Sw or even NE until the last ten years.

Really? I thought you were living in Calvert watching the water levels rise to dangerous sea levels affecting your property?

First of all all of D.C. Has rapidly gentrified but there is still a good deal of crime and murder. My friends live close to there and there have been many muggings and shootings there in the last few years. Crime doesn't only stay in the neighborhood the criminals live in.

And, if you lived in DC, your, "entire life", you would have personalized this rather than using "friends" as second hand hearsay information to try to bolster your claims.

Also, what was shown was a crowd of people that then the media 'labeled' as nazis to further the war of division.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
(2) politically-motivated denial of access to the internet at the gatekeeper level;
and (3) attempts to weaken free speech protections in the name of social justice.

Is Google Working with Liberal Groups to Snuff Out Conservative Websites?

On the surface, this looks rather innocuous. It's presented by Google as an attempt to create a database of hate crimes — information that should be available with a quick Google search, it should be noted. But a quick glance at the list of partners for this project should raise some red flags:

The ProPublica-led coalition includes The Google News Lab, Univision News, the New York Times, WNYC, BuzzFeed News, First Draft, Meedan, New America Media, The Root, Latino USA, The Advocate, 100 Days in Appalachia and Ushahidi. The coalition is also working with civil-rights groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center, and schools such as the University of Miami School of Communications.

ProPublica poses as a middle-of-the-road non-profit journalistic operation, but in reality, it's funded by a stable of uber-liberal donors, including George Soros's Open Society Foundations and Herb and Marion Sandler, billionaire former mortgage bankers whose Golden West Financial Corp. allegedly targeted subprime borrowers with "pick-a-pay" mortgages that led to toxic assets that were blamed for the collapse of Wachovia. The Southern Poverty Law Center, of course, is infamous for targeting legitimate conservatives groups, branding them as "hate groups" because they refuse to walk in lockstep with the progressive agenda. And it goes with out saying that The New York Times and BuzzFeed News lean left.

[clip]

Note that Google, which recently fired an employee for expressing his counter-progressive opinions, thinks this information could be used to "help journalists covering hate news leverage this data in their reporting." What do they mean by "leverage this data"? They don't say, but an email sent to several conservative writers by a ProPublica reporter may give us some indication. Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer along with some others received this from ProPublica "reporter" Lauren Kirchner:

I am a reporter at ProPublica, a nonprofit investigative newsroom in New York. I am contacting you to let you know that we are including your website in a list of sites that have been designated as hate or extremist by the American Defamation League or the Southern Poverty Law Center. We have identified all the tech platforms that are supporting websites on the ADL and SPLC lists.
We would like to ask you a few questions:

1) Do you disagree with the designation of your website as hate or extremist? Why?

2) We identified several tech companies on your website: PayPal, Amazon, Newsmax, and Revcontent. Can you confirm that you receive funds from your relationship with those tech companies? How would the loss of those funds affect your operations, and how would you be able to replace them?

3) Have you been shut down by other tech companies for being an alleged hate or extremist web site? Which companies?

4) Many people opposed to sites like yours are currently pressuring tech companies to cease their relationships with them – what is your view of this campaign? Why?
In other words, nice website you've got there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
These practices existed as recently as the 60's.

dude check your privilege ... that was 50 yrs ago

Redlining ... banks deciding who would repay a loan and who would default based on economic circumstances

hotbikermama40

And can't seem to keep them straight.

Not sure why someone would flat out lie in order to further their false narrative rather than just tell the truth in the first place.

Well, he feeds off of lies so makes sense he'd shat them out in turn. At least he's regular.