A good SUV

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mv_princess said:
The problem with things like a subaru, are that they sit too low. I want to sit up high because if I don't I feel like people are going to run me over.

I would want an SUV for mostly snow and ice.
Any small SUV would do then.. The little Honda Pilot has been around a long time, and Honda has the reputation for longevity. Toyoata RAV4.. Ford Escape.. get the advantage of 4WD and still be able to put gas in it.

Personally, I think my next one is going to be the Subaru. They've been around for YEARS and are renown for their reliability and durability, and if you get in an accident the chances are you are going to survive.

Today's "trucks" are all plastic and cheap tin, hit anything bigger than a squirrel and you'll be lucky to drive away.

itsbob said:
Any small SUV would do then.. The little Honda Pilot has been around a long time, and Honda has the reputation for longevity. Toyoata RAV4.. Ford Escape.. get the advantage of 4WD and still be able to put gas in it.

Personally, I think my next one is going to be the Subaru. They've been around for YEARS and are renown for their reliability and durability, and if you get in an accident the chances are you are going to survive.

Today's "trucks" are all plastic and cheap tin, hit anything bigger than a squirrel and you'll be lucky to drive away.
Hey isbob! I took a ride in my brothers new blood red Solstice yesterday... it was sweet! :cool: I guess now that means I have to get the Saturn Sky Line.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
Hey isbob! I took a ride in my brothers new blood red Solstice yesterday... it was sweet! :cool: I guess now that means I have to get the Saturn Sky Line.
I have to admit, GM got that one right.. That is one B-E-A-U-tiful car.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oooooh, I forgot to add..

Since mine has been sitting in my yard for the last two years (I think we may have put 5,000 miles on it) you can buy mine. It's a REAL SUV, built like a tank, will go off road about anywhere. Will never rust, and great in the snow and ice...

Nanny Pam

mv_princess said:
Roomy? Any issues with it yet?
Pleanty of room! I almost always take both dogs with me whenever I go anyplace. Great on gas and no problems with it. :yay:
knock on wood

OldHillcrestGuy

itsbob said:

I've had 4 Subaru's, put around 100,000 miles or more on all 4, only the last one a Forrester, started giving me some problems around 90,000, I wanted something a bit bigger so traded that on a Toyota Highlander, wanted the third row seat for the grandkids, I love my Toyota.

Both the Subaru Outback wagon and Forrester sit up a little higher then a normal car. Both are great in the snow drive through West by God Virginia on the back roads and start counting how many Subaru's you see.

Another little or smaller SUV to add to the list is the new Hyundai Santa Fe, they remodeled it and it really looks good, and is less expensive then some of the others out there.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Jameo said:
My mom has an Envoy. It's a nice ride.
My Envoy only got stuck once this week and that's only because we were driving on the sand dunes at night and day couldn't see where to go. :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nickel said:
I have an 05 Nissan XTerra and love it. I want to keep it forever and a day. :yay:
I'm a big fan of Nissan, it's what I owned before my current truck..

Had a Nissan Sentra, and a Nissan P-Up, zero problems with either, except the bed rusted out on the pick up in 7 years. BIL leases, and I think he's on his third new X-Terra.. and if you want to lease a car/ truck Nissan is a REAL good choice. I paid $169 (or was that for the Sentra??) on a 3 year lease for my 4X4 p-up truck..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
My Envoy only got stuck once this week and that's only because we were driving on the sand dunes at night and day couldn't see where to go. :lol:
Did you let the air out of the tires before tackling the sand dunes??

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
itsbob said:
I'm a big fan of Nissan, it's what I owned before my current truck..

Had a Nissan Sentra, and a Nissan P-Up, zero problems with either, except the bed rusted out on the pick up in 7 years. BIL leases, and I think he's on his third new X-Terra.. and if you want to lease a car/ truck Nissan is a REAL good choice. I paid $169 (or was that for the Sentra??) on a 3 year lease for my 4X4 p-up truck..
I'm really pleased with it, and am a big fan of most of Nissan's lineup. It's a very capable vehicle, and one of these days we're going to get it out on the beach. :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nickel said:
I'm really pleased with it, and am a big fan of most of Nissan's lineup. It's a very capable vehicle, and one of these days we're going to get it out on the beach. :lol:
Don't forget to let the air out of your tires first!!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
itsbob said:
Did you let the air out of the tires before tackling the sand dunes??
Yep, sure did. We got stuck the first night coming in. After that we had no problems. Hubby knew how to tackle the dunes after that. :lol:

Chasey_Lane said:
In the OBX. Not the protected dunes, just the massive sand dunes you have to hop over to get to property/houses.
Sorry, had to chuckle at massive. This is where we used to play.

Last edited: