"A man named Otto"..

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I didn't see a movie review. I saw an urging to see a movie, someone else said, "Nope and here's why..." and everyone jumped all over her. Nobody said you can't go see the movie and enjoy it.

Perhaps a better response would have been to ignore the criticism, go see the movie, nobody cares.
That’s not the way things are done. If you don’t agree with someone you ask why and if the can’t make a cogent argument you mock them relentlessly.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've seen Princess Bride like 8,000 times.
The Mrs. and I watch it 3 - 4 times a year.

When I was the driver for the Committee chair of a large medieval event in August 1991 (about 10,000 participants) my radio call sign was "Farm Boy." The Chair was "Princess Buttercup." My primary backup was "Dread Pirate." Our chief of security was "Inigo" and his second was "Fezzig." Our head of first aid was "Miracle Max."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The reason why is easy, I was responding to PJay and somehow I attached it to your post. But you should care because TPB is a great family movie with a huge trove of quotable lines.
When I was going to college in Vermont in the late 70's, had a tumble down a hillside like Wesley and Buttercup before they went into the fire swamp.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Those rumors about Tom Hanks being connected with human trafficking were already dispelled and originated from QAnon groups. QAnon = the worst of the rightest of the right, and ****ing off their rockers bc all they do is believe and spread baseless conspiracy theories that are all easily disproved.

I plan to watch A Man Named Otto because I have common sense. And my common sense is telling me that he's a fantastic actor and IDGAF what he does in his spare time, however I do know it's not r@ping and trafficking children.

SamSpade

Admittedly - the way I FEEL about an actor does have some bearing on whether or not I PAY to see their movies.

I am for instance, DISGUSTED at Liam Neeson's railing against guns - when his entire career SO VERY MUCH depends on violent gun movies.
On the other hand, if it's FREE on cable, I'll probably watch it.

On the flip side, I LIKE certain actors enough that I will probably make an effort to see their movies regardless of genre, because I think they're just basically a good person. Actors like Gary Sinise come to mind, but also "actors" like John Cena as well, because he has done HUNDREDS of Make A Wish wishes.

TPD

the poor dad
So wife and I just watched this Movie tonight. An hour into the movie and I’m liking it, thinking there’s no agenda or subliminal messages being pushed. Then BOOM - the tranny is introduced! This added nothing to the story line so why the f*ck did it have to be included?!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
OKay, I know I started this thread. It took a lot of bizarre turns and it died.... I know I am forgetful, but I dont recall this trans person....
The clerks in the hardware store? The pregnant lady with a goofy husband?
The teen riding the bicycle.