A question for the Police Officers....

Cowgirl

TeaBag Express said:
It's true. They also don't write tickets for fire fighters. Writing tickets for other cops would create a bad envirnment. If you write tickets to other cops then they will be out to get you back with another ticket as payback.

Plus alot of them are friends with each other. Most people will not give somone they are friends with a ticket.

No, it would create a SAFER environment for other drivers on the road. :yay:

stormer41

When I was younger, I got a couple tickets. My dad was a cop at the time, but I never tried to use him to make the tickets disapear, but he always wanted to help. I did at one time have an accident on Mechanicsville Chaptico Rd back in the late 80's early 90's. Got a ticket and had to pay a $50 fine. The officer that had questioned me told me that there was no way that anyone could hydroplane at 30 miles an hour. I was behind a line of cars we were all going about 30 to 35 mph at the most. I had a little pos chevette at the time, and when I hit the dip in the road and the turn at the same time the car spun out of control....luckly no one was hurt and the only car that was damaged was mine when I hit a telephone pole. My father wanted me to go to court and see if I could get the fine reduced....it didn't work...the judge doubled the fine. After I paid the fine, my father pulled aside the cop that gave me the ticket and told showed him his badge and told him....don't ever tell my daughter that there is no way that she couldn't have hydoplaned at 30 mph. A couple yrs later I got stopped by the same cop at 2 am coming home from a New Years Eve Party...he followed me for 2 miles...just to write me up for a repair for tag lite. He followed me for 2 miles with his high beams on and couldn't see my tag? When I asked him that I got told, Do you want me to write you ticket for this instead? When I showed my dad the repair form...he told me don't worry about it...I will take care of it this time. Again I didn't listen to him, I replaced the bulb and went to the police dept. to show them that I had gotten this repaired. I later found out that the cop got suspended. From that day on...if I was ever behind him at a stop sign he would go the opposite way.

mainman

Set Trippin
otter said:
There's a reason that they keep their license right next to their shield. :whistle:
I have a family member that used to tape her husbands(MSP) business card to the back of her license....:rolleyes:

BlackSheep

I love the cars that have all the "I support my local Sheriff" decals all over the place or the ones w/"I donate to the FOP"-like they are a free pass.:killingme I find batting my baby blues doesn't help either. :whistle:

Thor

daisykps said:
On another thread it was said the police will not write a ticket for another police officer nor for anyone in their family. It was mentioned of a teenaged girl going 20 miles OVER the speed limit but not ticketed because her family is an officer. Is this true???? Do you feel it is ethical???? I am very surprised and angered to think this practice is going on.

I wouldn’t come right out and say we were taught to do that in the academy but they made it vary clear that professional curtsey is expected.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Gemmi said:
I'd be willing to bet it's true. I know a deputy sheriff and he will not give tickets to his friends or acquaintances if he happens to pull them over.

Seems fair to me. What are friends for???

Thor

itsbob said:
Is that when you grab your manly police skirt and go down to one knee when you stop a fellow officer??

LOL oops I meant [size=-1]courtesy. [/size]

nomoney

stormer41 said:
When I was younger, I got a couple tickets. My dad was a cop at the time, but I never tried to use him to make the tickets disapear, but he always wanted to help. I did at one time have an accident on Mechanicsville Chaptico Rd back in the late 80's early 90's. Got a ticket and had to pay a $50 fine. The officer that had questioned me told me that there was no way that anyone could hydroplane at 30 miles an hour. I was behind a line of cars we were all going about 30 to 35 mph at the most. I had a little pos chevette at the time, and when I hit the dip in the road and the turn at the same time the car spun out of control....luckly no one was hurt and the only car that was damaged was mine when I hit a telephone pole. My father wanted me to go to court and see if I could get the fine reduced....it didn't work...the judge doubled the fine. After I paid the fine, my father pulled aside the cop that gave me the ticket and told showed him his badge and told him....don't ever tell my daughter that there is no way that she couldn't have hydoplaned at 30 mph. A couple yrs later I got stopped by the same cop at 2 am coming home from a New Years Eve Party...he followed me for 2 miles...just to write me up for a repair for tag lite. He followed me for 2 miles with his high beams on and couldn't see my tag? When I asked him that I got told, Do you want me to write you ticket for this instead? When I showed my dad the repair form...he told me don't worry about it...I will take care of it this time. Again I didn't listen to him, I replaced the bulb and went to the police dept. to show them that I had gotten this repaired. I later found out that the cop got suspended. From that day on...if I was ever behind him at a stop sign he would go the opposite way.

So what exactly is the point you're trying to get across?

T

TeaBag Express

Look at it his way most tickets will cary at least a 100 dollar fine. Would you wwrite some one a ticket for 100 bucks knowing that if you did they wiould give one back to you?

If you knew that if you wrote a certain person a ticket for 100 bucks that it would end up costing money out of yor pocket you porobably wouldn't write them the ticket.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
TeaBag Express said:
Look at it his way most tickets will cary at least a 100 dollar fine. Would you wwrite some one a ticket for 100 bucks knowing that if you did they wiould give one back to you?

If you knew that if you wrote a certain person a ticket for 100 bucks that it would end up costing money out of yor pocket you porobably wouldn't write them the ticket.
What the hell you drinking this morning?? :whistle:

T

TeaBag Express

I fixed it for the people who are not up for the challenge of trying to decipher my code.

Look at it this way. Most tickets will carry at least a 100 dollar fine. Would you write someone a ticket for 100 bucks knowing that if you did they would give one back to you?

If you knew that writing a certain person a ticket for 100 bucks, that it would end up costing money out of your pocket you probably wouldn't write them the ticket.

stormer41

nomoney said:
So what exactly is the point you're trying to get across?

I guess there are some cops that do bend the rules to family members or to people with a county name.
But the way I look at it, just because someone in your family is a cop, you think that they can help you out all the time and you shouldn't take advantage of them. but that's my opinion...and if you don't like it....kiss off

cege

daisykps said:
On another thread it was said the police will not write a ticket for another police officer nor for anyone in their family. It was mentioned of a teenaged girl going 20 miles OVER the speed limit but not ticketed because her family is an officer. Is this true???? Do you feel it is ethical???? I am very surprised and angered to think this practice is going on.

My dad got off of a ticket just because he was a DC fire fighter so I imagine it does happen with the police.

donbarzini

The ONLY person I didn't give a ticket to was a woman I pulled over one time for running a stop sign. I was sitting in a parking lot doing paperwork when I saw her blow through. So I pulled her over. She asked me, "Where were you?". When I showed her the parking lot, she said "Well, sh!t, if I had seen you I would have stopped!". I said "Ma'am, you have a nice day." Then I laughed all the way back to my car.