A1C test

Just had one. It measures glucose average levels over the last 30 days. I don't think MD Drs. ever heard of it. At least not mine.

Rt235

A1C..measures 90 days as there is little change over a brief 30 day period…..Standard test for diabetics…families know it well.

Yes, but the last 30 are the best read since red blood cells die off and are replaced all the time. I knew several diabetics at work. They had never had one done. One was on a pump.

R

rhenderson

Yes, but the last 30 are the best read since red blood cells die off and are replaced all the time. I knew several diabetics at work. They had never had one done. One was on a pump.

Perhaps they call them something different but I find it hard to believe that they never had an A1C test done. Especially, if they require Department of Transportation clearances for a commercial drivers license. I have a diabetic friend who drove a bread truck and he had to provide AIC results each time he went to renew his CDL. Ask you co workers if they have blood tests run periodically by their diabetes doctor. My wife's A1C tests were simply part of the results from her quarterly blood tests.

R

rhenderson

Is this during the initial - or recent - diagnosis process?