Abortion A Big Issue Even As Romney Plays It Down

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"When former Massachusetts Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey took to MSNBC last week on behalf of Mitt Romney, she repeated a message that has been the heart of the Republican presidential nominee’s campaign: The economy is the most important issue going. More important, she said, than even women’s issues are to women.

“We need to really be talking about employment, jobs,” Healy told host Andrea Mitchell. “That’s what women care about.”

But a survey of swing state voters released Wednesday by Gallup shows that abortion ranks above jobs as the most important issue for women. Thirty-nine percent of women respondents said abortion was the most important issue, followed by jobs at 19 percent, health care at 18 percent, the economy at 16 percent, and equal rights, pay and opportunity at 15 percent.

Even if you combined the women who picked jobs and the economy, that’s still fewer than the number who said abortion was the top issue."

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
The Gallup poll didn't ask me so I never really trust these polls. I have better things to worry about than free birth control and abortions. Like paying my electric, having enough money to pay my taxes, car loan and still being able to buy enough food to eat everyday for a week. Which right now I can't since the economy is in the toilet and I haven't had a raise in 4 years. Oh, and to add onto all of that, trying to figure out how on earth I will find enough money to pay for health insurance out of pocket in 2 years on top of all of my bills since I don't get benefits at my job. Yeah abortion and birth control are truly the biggest issue... :smack:

libby

Link to original article.

"When former Massachusetts Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey took to MSNBC last week on behalf of Mitt Romney, she repeated a message that has been the heart of the Republican presidential nominee’s campaign: The economy is the most important issue going. More important, she said, than even women’s issues are to women.

“We need to really be talking about employment, jobs,” Healy told host Andrea Mitchell. “That’s what women care about.”

But a survey of swing state voters released Wednesday by Gallup shows that abortion ranks above jobs as the most important issue for women. Thirty-nine percent of women respondents said abortion was the most important issue, followed by jobs at 19 percent, health care at 18 percent, the economy at 16 percent, and equal rights, pay and opportunity at 15 percent.

Even if you combined the women who picked jobs and the economy, that’s still fewer than the number who said abortion was the top issue."

They're probably students like Fluke, who want to have lots of sex, have the gov't pay for contraception, abortion and treatment for their STD's. They have no intention of working, but continuing on in academia so that they might consider themselves well informed. Or maybe the Peace Corp.

Chris0nllyn

How, exactly, is abortion a presidential issue?

There are so many other things to talk about, yet they keep yammering on about chit that doesn't matter in a presidential race!

I can't stand watching these dumb a$$ debates anymore.

Bavarian

If someone answers Abortion as a top topic, no distinction is made between people who are pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

When I answer these questions, I thought it meant getting rid of abortion, being pro-life.

Maybe the question needs to be split into two.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
If someone answers Abortion as a top topic, no distinction is made between people who are pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

When I answer these questions, I thought it meant getting rid of abortion, being pro-life.

Maybe the question needs to be split into two.

This was my thought reading it. Is it a topic because they are for or against?