• Same

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Different

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...I thought this was a simple one but, every time I think that...

So, is a woman choosing to have an abortion the same as some thug (white or black or brown, this isn't about race) robbing a store and deciding to kill the cashier because it's convenient the same thing?

In both cases, a person dies. In one, an unborn infant. In the other a store clerk. Is is the same?

:popcorn:

MMM_donuts

I don't consider it a human life if it can't survive without being physiologically attached to a fully formed human being. I consider that a part of the mother's body and up to her to do with it whatever she feels is appropriate.

I do have a question regarding the definition of pregnancy. If medical and legal literature does not consider pregnancy an occurance until a joined egg and sperm SUCCESSFULLY implant in a uterus, where does the religious notion come from that pregnancy occurs when a an egg and sperm join?

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
What about the pregger woman that gets shot in the gut and kills the unborn child but not her, is that the same?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What about the pregger woman that gets shot in the gut and kills the unborn child but not her, is that the same?

I don't really know which side of the poll you are on on this topic, but that is a very astute observation, and raises other legal points. At least 38 states have laws that cover your statement of fetal homicide:

Fetal Homicide State Laws

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That can be viewed as similar to you wrecking your own car, or someone stealing it and wrecking it for you. Termination of the pregnancy wasn't the shooter's decision to make.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
That can be viewed as similar to you wrecking your own car, or someone stealing it and wrecking it for you. Termination of the pregnancy wasn't the shooter's decision to make.

But if abortion is not taking a life, then how is causing someone to loose their fetus taking a life?

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Comparing a car to humanity. Wow. Like Hitler comparing Jews to environmental-friendly power generating fuel.

Your statement was sure retarded, in conjunction with your previous post of anyone who said yes to the poll. Or maybe just "exceptional". I guess it just depends on how your PC emotionalism stance is on semantics.:killingme

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Learn how to read and then come back.

Ok. Just went back there, reread your post, and done that.

Now what? What is your definition of "similar" in relation to stealing and wrecking cars and the termination of a fetus by an assailant on the expectant mother? I will say "mother" and not just a womb-bearer, in order to establish "compassionate" feelings for a wanted pregnancy.

Are you saying that a stolen wrecked car is a logical analogy to someone causing a fetus to die in the commission of a crime?:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Now what? What is your definition of "similar" in relation to stealing and wrecking cars and the termination of a fetus by an assailant on the expectant mother? I will say "mother" and not just a womb-bearer, in order to establish "compassionate" feelings for a wanted pregnancy.

Are you saying that a stolen wrecked car is a logical analogy to someone causing a fetus to die in the commission of a crime?:killingme

You don't have to agree a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy in order to see the, seemingly, crystal clear distinction between being pregnant, wanting the child and it being killed somehow vs. being pregnant, not wanting it and choosing to have an abortion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

First of all, I did not make a personal moral equivalence. I said it *can* be viewed as such, not that I personally believe they are equal.

Second, my personal statement was "Termination of the pregnancy wasn't the shooter's decision to make." And I think you will agree with that, or don't you?

So I'm confused as to why you are attacking me personally and ridiculing me for a viewpoint that I did not state as my own. The only reason I could think of was that you do not know how to read.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
First of all, I did not make a personal moral equivalence. I said it *can* be viewed as such, not that I personally believe they are equal.

Second, my personal statement was "Termination of the pregnancy wasn't the shooter's decision to make." And I think you will agree with that, or don't you?

So I'm confused as to why you are attacking me personally and ridiculing me for a viewpoint that I did not state as my own. The only reason I could think of was that you do not know how to read.

I'm did not attack you for anything, and am not attacking now. Toughen up your feelings a bit. "Termination by any attacker" is not the topic here. The topic is - is it the same as to compare an abortion to an unborn fetus being killed by a criminal act?

I say yes. You can play with words as much as you want, but comparing destruction of stolen steel to human fetuses being destroyed by whatever method is a very poor analogy. Really, no comparison at all.

This topic will never end in this world. It will be sorted out in pre-eternity, and individuals will be held accountable for their personal actions, whether one believes it now or not. It is that moral.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

To me that's a grayer area than is she in the second or third trimester. It has the same effect as an abortion, but the decision is hers to make and nonone else's.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
To me that's a grayer area than is she in the second or third trimester. It has the same effect as an abortion, but the decision is hers to make and nonone else's.

Legally, via the twisted, illogical Roe vs Wade, it is her decision. And her actions are open to criticism as well as those that oppose those actions are. No exemptions.