Abscessed Tooth

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Day five now on antibiotics and the pain is almost gone except for a low level pressure sensation that amps up a little while eating. Not one to push my luck I'm sticking to soft foods till I feel 100%. My family is also happy since I was no fun (SOB) to be around. The real fun starts next week when I'll be "Away" for about three weeks but the Doc gave me some additional antibiotics just in case. The root canal will have to wait till Aug.
Can't wait :sarcasm:

Pete

Repete
High EGT said:
Day five now on antibiotics and the pain is almost gone except for a low level pressure sensation that amps up a little while eating. Not one to push my luck I'm sticking to soft foods till I feel 100%. My family is also happy since I was no fun (SOB) to be around. The real fun starts next week when I'll be "Away" for about three weeks but the Doc gave me some additional antibiotics just in case. The root canal will have to wait till Aug.
Can't wait :sarcasm:

Root canals aren't a big deal anymore.
It will go away and you will forget about it until next time. I had one and it was bad, so bad they did a pulpectomy to relieve the pressure. Had the root canal and it failed and in a year it acsessed again, re root canal, jaw surgery and even now about once a year it flairs up. I have been on the "One more time and we will pull it and do an implant" plan for 3 flair ups but I just keep dealing with it because I am foolish and don't want to part with a tooth.

Tooth pain is the worst.

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
After reading these experiencesI may have to double up on those prescribed pain relievers just so I can sleep tonight. Jeez

Again thanks for the support and advise, plus reminding me that no matter how bad it is somebody gots it worse.

Aa3rt

High EGT-You certainly have my sympathy. I'm going through the same thing, bottom tooth on the lower right started bothering me about two weeks ago. Of course, this was a Friday evening and I had to wait until the next Tuesday for a dentist appointment to get a prescription for the anitbiotic and a referral to another dentist for an extraction, which won't be until the 10th.

The tooth is capped but decayed in from the gumline. I've suffered with acid reflux for years-it was only recently that I was advised that acid reflux is a major contributor to tooth decay-and explains why I have so many caps and root canals in the back of my mouth. I thought I was cursed with bad genes or something. Wish my doctor (or dentist) had thought to let me know about the complications years ago.

Anyhow, I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday so I can have this darn tooth pulled.

Good luck!

PS-Love your avatar-The Day The Earth Stood Still was the first "scary" movie my parents let me stay up to watch in the early 1960's-way back before the advent of cable TV and the SciFi Channel.

Last edited: