Accident in CRE

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why don't you think you should pay for boulders for your front yard to protect your house?

BECAUSE IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!_!)$*%())!!!!!

Car hits his house, he wants to protect his house, he can't afford to do what he thinks should be done, but he thinks "it's for the children" is going to make a difference.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm not in a financial situation that would enable me to buy a few boulders right now, and besides, I really don't think I should have to pay for them. Anyway, it's on a public forum.....God Forbid a child gets hit.

But you said it was cheap. Is it only cheap if it's my money and not yours?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Post hole digger.
4 feet deep.
Concrete forming tubes 8 feet long.
Pour concrete.
Cut off tubing.
Paint protruding concrete in a camouflage color.

Midnightrider

OMG I can't believe a house is that close to the road.

Nice use of "Its for the children" btw.

If I am not mistaken that road was widened in the last few years. That could have brought the road closer. Although there are a lot of houses that are close to the road in cre.

thrash

I drive by your house every day, and I just noticed this. Figured it was a bizarre renovation. xD

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I could only imagine waking up or returning home to find my front steps missing...

I'm just a kid, and don't know much about legalities and the like. But, I remember hearing that the Ranch Club owns the very outer bit of every (?) lot, and is responsible for maintaining this space. I remember this because my neighbor had a rose bush at the very edge of her lawn, and it was removed legally while a ditch was being maintained. She didn't technically own that portion of the lot.

Do you know if you own that very outer portion of your lot? Or was it used to build that new "shoulder," as seen in the photo? I'm not sure how ownership of terrain and how it impacts the potential for collision with property affects liability in this situation, but it's food for thought for a more educated individual.

Anyway, if you feel entitled to help, and the Ranch Club refuses.... you might just get away with borrowing a couple of the large boulders damming the water near the cliffs at Driftwood Beach... ;)

Last edited:
H

Hodr

Seems like the proper solution would be speed bumps before and after the turn. Of course this would inconvenience the people who want to speed through this neighborhood, so I expect this suggestion to get poopoo'd.