Accident @ the Mounted Wanderer's Show.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
The girl who was flown out was not bucked off. She was standing with her sister behind her horse and the horse double back kicked her hitting her in the face and shoulder. She was flown to Childrens. This happend at her trailer.

abbey

abbey normal
mingiz said:
I was there and we heard the medics saying that her pony was tied to the trailer and she walked behind it and it kicked. I saw the girl and she had a mark at her chin. She was sitting up and didn't seem to be too bad considering. I guess with it being a kid and a head trauma it's agood thing to fly her out to be on the safe side.Hope all is good for her.

you were there? did you stay for the speed? I don't even get there until about 2:00, we pulled up just as the helocoptor was landing.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Aww man I missed ya. We were standing by the western ring. No didn't see the speed events. We left around 3ish Had to meet a friend at Mckays...SO how's things going?

Fancy3

That was my daughter who got hurt. She is 10 yrs. old. She did get double kicked-one hoof to the jaw and one hoof to her shoulder. The medics were pretty sure that she had broke her jaw, the way she was kicked and the swelling that happened so fast, that is why she was flown to childrens. Long story short..she has a very bruised jaw (not broken) and 5 stitches to in her jaw and 4 in her lip. she has to see a dentist this week for a few things, but she does have all her teeth. Her shoulder is pretty bruised but not broken or sprained.. We are VERY lucky!!
I just want to give a great big thank you to everyone at the MW show-Everyone was and has been wonderful to our family. I want to especially thank BUSTERDUCK!! She came straight to me and told me she would take care of my horses,kids,trailer, or what ever I needed..It was nice to know that I didnt have to think of anything besides my daughter-thanks again :huggy: .

R

remaxrealtor

Fancy3 said:
That was my daughter who got hurt. She is 10 yrs. old. She did get double kicked-one hoof to the jaw and one hoof to her shoulder. The medics were pretty sure that she had broke her jaw, the way she was kicked and the swelling that happened so fast, that is why she was flown to childrens. Long story short..she has a very bruised jaw (not broken) and 5 stitches to in her jaw and 4 in her lip. she has to see a dentist this week for a few things, but she does have all her teeth. Her shoulder is pretty bruised but not broken or sprained.. We are VERY lucky!!
I just want to give a great big thank you to everyone at the MW show-Everyone was and has been wonderful to our family. I want to especially thank BUSTERDUCK!! She came straight to me and told me she would take care of my horses,kids,trailer, or what ever I needed..It was nice to know that I didnt have to think of anything besides my daughter-thanks again :huggy: .

I know from experience how scary this can be....I'm so glad to hear she's doing well :huggy: .

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Fancy3 said:

I'm so very glad she is doing well. You should be very proud of her. She is a very brave little girl. So is lil sis.

I have no doubt that if the shoe were on the other foot you would have offered the same for me. :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Fancy3 said:

So Glad to hear that she is ok. Kids are tough....She'll have a great story to tell all her friends... :flowers:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Fancy3 said:

Glad to hear she's doing okay. :huggy: :flowers:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Fancy3 said:

Fancy3 I'm so glad to hear she is doing OK!! :huggy: I couldn't stop thinking about her and how she was doing. Thanks for the update. :flowers: Hope she has a quick recovery.

Fancy3

Its great to know how supportive the horse community is when something like this happens-I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I forgot to mention there was a lady who supported my daughters head while she was hurt she just jumped right in I am told, and helped-I didnt get to ask her name or tell her thank you-So if anyone knows this lady or if she is on here THANKS :flowers:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Fancy3 said:
Its great to know how supportive the horse community is when something like this happens-I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I forgot to mention there was a lady who supported my daughters head while she was hurt she just jumped right in I am told, and helped-I didnt get to ask her name or tell her thank you-So if anyone knows this lady or if she is on here THANKS :flowers:

So glad to hear your little one is doing ok. We were all worried about her. :flowers:

Giddy up!

Fancy3 said:
Busterduck is always there to save the day! she is the bestest! Glad your daughter is ok! :huggy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I am glad she is fine too. I didn't mean to be rude before. I was just waiting for an answer so I asked another question to help pass the time. :howdy: :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Sorry...gotta say this...THAT PONY = ALPO. No excuses. A 2 foot kick at a KID much less a person....:burning:

I'm SO glad your little one is even ALIVE!!! Poor little one! What an awful thing to have happen to such a youngster. Gosh the "what if's"....man. :huggy: I'll bet you're still thinking about them. I would be. Heck...I AM and she's not even my kid. We all wish her well.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Fancy3 said:

So glad to hear things turned out so much better than what they could have been! Your Daughter is a plucky one! One of our barn moms was the off duty EMT who was sitting at our tent when your daughter came running by looking for help. I'll pass on your thanks to her - she did a good job of keeping her calm and comfortable. Again, so glad things are not as serious as the might have been!

FrmGrl

Get some!
Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. How terrifying it is to go through that. Hope she heals up soon!!

fredsaid2

happyappygirl said:
Sorry...gotta say this...THAT PONY = ALPO. No excuses. A 2 foot kick at a KID much less a person....:burning:
QUOTE]

The horse probably wasn't aiming for the child. Horses and trailers are packed in pretty tight at the MW shows and there's always the unsupervised kid galloping their pony around the parking areas. Sounds like, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hard way to learn the lesson of staying out of the hindquarter danger zone. Glad to hear she is doing well!