ACCIDENTS KEEP PILING UP

Makavide

Not too talkative
The funniest thing about Buck Hewitt is you have a third of a mile or more to merge with SB 235 traffic yet 80% of the people stop at the yield sign.
there is no yield sign at Buck Hewitt and SB235. There is no reason to stop - it is considered a continuous turn lane - so keep moving!

Tech

there is no yield sign at Buck Hewitt and SB235. There is no reason to stop - it is considered a continuous turn lane - so keep moving!
Just have to watch the idiots making a uturn taking four lanes, the ones who get in the turn lane for BWW, IHM, credit union who are slowing down while you're trying to get up to speed.

3CATSAILOR

Accidents keep piling up. I guess it has become something we accept as part of the risk. Last Thursday on 235 I was headed North bound in the St. James area. A car came head on in my lane. I got out of the way barely in time. Most people don't survive head ons. Later on and in to the evening on the way home, I observed at least ten vehicles going across the white line and on to the shoulder and back. A guy was driving down the shoulder instead of the road. He eventually came back on the road. Everywhere you turn, you hear on the radio, on line News, the Enterprise and the County Times and even every now and then the Washington D.C. TV stations about a single vehicle that went off of the road in Southern Maryland and hit a tree, a car or a house. Usually folks do not survive these type of accidents.
Here is an interesting one- Many of you may have experienced this.- I am sitting at Route 5 and Trapp Road waitng to turn left. A car approaches with his right turn signal on. I assumed he was turning on to Trapp Road or beforehand as his signal indicated. Nope. He contined with his turn signal on past Trapp Road and drove all the way to the St. Inigoes Post Office before he actually turned. Fortunately, I didn't trust what he indicated. I am glad I didn't.

Lets say I pulled out. His turn signal light probably would have been broken out. Therefore, the police would assume I pulled out in front of him. And then assume I was at fault. It goes to say, don't trust the turn signal.

3CATSAILOR

Accidents keep piling up. I guess it has become something we accept as part of the risk. Last Thursday on 235 I was headed North bound in the St. James area. A car came head on in my lane. I got out of the way barely in time. Most people don't survive head ons. Later on and in to the evening on the way home, I observed at least ten vehicles going across the white line and on to the shoulder and back. A guy was driving down the shoulder instead of the road. He eventually came back on the road. Everywhere you turn, you hear on the radio, on line News, the Enterprise and the County Times and even every now and then the Washington D.C. TV stations about a single vehicle that went off of the road in Southern Maryland and hit a tree, a car or a house. Usually folks do not survive these type of accidents.
Southern Maryland News reports that somehow a vehicle that was orginally traveling South on 235 for a reason unknown, crossed all of the North bound lanes, went off of the road, on to the North bound shoulder and then in to the Pax River Navy fence. I drove by it twice today. The fence appears to be heavily damaged. The NAS Police have stationed a police car there I guess until it is fixed.

TPD

the poor dad
Southern Maryland News reports that somehow a vehicle that was orginally traveling South on 235 for a reason unknown, crossed all of the North bound lanes, went off of the road, on to the North bound shoulder and then in to the Pax River Navy fence. I drove by it twice today. The fence appears to be heavily damaged. The NAS Police have stationed a police car there I guess until it is fixed.
I think she was trying to avoid the 100% ID checks at the gates to gain entry to the base….

glhs837

Power with Control
Here is an interesting one- Many of you may have experienced this.- I am sitting at Route 5 and Trapp Road waitng to turn left. A car approaches with his right turn signal on. I assumed he was turning on to Trapp Road or beforehand as his signal indicated. Nope. He contined with his turn signal on past Trapp Road and drove all the way to the St. Inigoes Post Office before he actually turned. Fortunately, I didn't trust what he indicated. I am glad I didn't.

Lets say I pulled out. His turn signal light probably would have been broken out. Therefore, the police would assume I pulled out in front of him. And then assume I was at fault. It goes to say, don't trust the turn signal.

(laughs in motorcycle rider, then harder in Boston motorcycle rider)

Welcome. :)

Tech

Like those people who get into those right turn lanes on 235 a mile before their turn.

ginwoman

Could be, but given the multiple reports of a bike heading north at a high rate, passing traffic dangerously, it sorta fits. Related, that morning the wife and I were Target way in back of the lot where I park her pretty red convertible, and as I was getting back in the car, I heard the distinctive sound of a bike being wound out to the north of us........ That was around 10:20 or so. I even made a crack about the Future Organ Donors of America.
My dad use to call it the graveyard call

Tech

Exactly right. However, I believe the law says it has to be the "last 100 feet". It depends upon what a person believes 100 feet is I guess.
Expedition Dr to pull into Wawa? Donut Connection to go south on Chancellors? Wonder if it's a contributor to the accidents on section, at least once or twice a week it seems.