Advice needed

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Athena1078
However, last weekend, the bride got minorly upset that I wasn't going out with the bachelorette party. I really don't want to, but don't want to make her mad at me..

Therein lies a clue Athena. And that's all I have to say about that.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Athena1078
She has known about me and my status since they met.

My husband had friends like that too, before we dated. I knew about them and we got along fine, but once we got serious, they got scarce and I would've KILLED him if I found out they were at his bachelor party or any other guy oriented get together where I wasn't invited or otherwise wasn't expected to be.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
At a buddy of mine's first wedding's bachelor party, a girl showed up to hang out with the guys.

no problem...

Three years later, she became wife #2.

Elle

Happy Camper!
OK, first of all, I personally would never go to a guy’s bachelor party but if she (wife to be) is that jealous of him, why are they getting married to begin with???

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by tys_mommy
OK, first of all, I personally would never go to a guy’s bachelor party but if she (wife to be) is that jealous of him, why are they getting married to begin with???
Are we talking jealousy or protocol? It seems abnormal to have a skirt at your party unless shes a stripper....
It doesnt matter anyway because Athena has convinced herself that it's ok....:rolleyes:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by tys_mommy
There is an imaginary line. It's not so much about the bride to be being jealous, but it is about that imaginary line and the borders being crossed. It's about showing the bride-to-be the respect that she deserves having been chosen by your friend as THE woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. I have plenty of guy friends I love and adore, however, not for one of them would I ever attend their bachelor party - it's crossing the line. Your friendship with a guy changes when he gets in a committed relationship, it changes again once he asks some chick to marry him. You should respect those boundaries and imaginary lines and not go crossing them, because once you do, there is no going back. The bride-to-be will become his wife, maybe they'll have kids, hopefully she will become his best friend. There isn't as much room for his other friends. And if you are a female friend, then you already realize it. You should never even consider going to the bachelor party, if you are the female friend in that kind of situation. Your friendship has already been undergoing changes, and you should be showing both parties (male and female) the respect and consideration they deserve. Thereby, hopefully your friendship will endure and evolve and you will acquire a new female friend in the process.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey, too bad for the bride. If she's mature enough to get married, she's mature enough to say, "Hell NO you're not having a woman at your bachelor party!" So, even if she really is uncomfortable about Athena attending, that's her problem.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by migtig
There is an imaginary line. It's not so much about the bride to be being jealous, but it is about that imaginary line and the borders being crossed.
:clap: Mig!

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by migtig
There is an imaginary line. It's not so much about the bride to be being jealous, but it is about that imaginary line and the borders being crossed. It's about showing the bride-to-be the respect that she deserves having been chosen by your friend as THE woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. I have plenty of guy friends I love and adore, however, not for one of them would I ever attend their bachelor party - it's crossing the line. Your friendship with a guy changes when he gets in a committed relationship, it changes again once he asks some chick to marry him. You should respect those boundaries and imaginary lines and not go crossing them, because once you do, there is no going back. The bride-to-be will become his wife, maybe they'll have kids, hopefully she will become his best friend. There isn't as much room for his other friends. And if you are a female friend, then you already realize it. You should never even consider going to the bachelor party, if you are the female friend in that kind of situation. Your friendship has already been undergoing changes, and you should be showing both parties (male and female) the respect and consideration they deserve. Thereby, hopefully your friendship will endure and evolve and you will acquire a new female friend in the process.

I think the personal quality Mig is speaking about is called "CLASS"

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Hey, too bad for the bride. If she's mature enough to get married, she's mature enough to say, "Hell NO you're not having a woman at your bachelor party!" So, even if she really is uncomfortable about Athena attending, that's her problem.

A bachelor party is for GUYS. Point blank. It's a male-bonding thing that women shouldn't be involved in. No matter how good of friends you are w/him Athena, it's not cool to go. :bubble:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by PFgal
A bachelor party is for GUYS. Point blank. It's a male-bonding thing that women shouldn't be involved in unless they are stripping down to skivvies and taking $5 bills in their sling shot. :bubble:

:yeahthat:

hey, pfgal ... speaking of sling shot :bubble:

Originally posted by cmcdanal
My husband had friends like that too, before we dated. I knew about them and we got along fine, but once we got serious, they got scarce and I would've KILLED him if I found out they were at his bachelor party or any other guy oriented get together where I wasn't invited or otherwise wasn't expected to be.
I woulda been PI$$ED if they had tried to come to the party. NO FEMALES ALLOWED UNLESS THEY ARE NEKKID!!!!!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by huntr1
I woulda been PI$$ED if they had tried to come to the party. NO FEMALES ALLOWED UNLESS THEY ARE NEKKID!!!!!

:rolleyes: I meant even if it hadn't been a stripper party.

There might be a non-stripper female at the bachelor party I am planning for my buddy. She would be the captain of the charter boat. Like cmcdanal said, no females unless they are entertainment or employees of the establishment where the party is going on. PERIOD. In other words Athena, pay attention to what we have all told you and DON'T GO!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I changed my mind. I think she should go, since all parties involved are in agreement. I just wonder, like Cari, why she asked for advice on this since she already knew what she was going to do.