Aflac?

JustJade

I am considering getting AFLAC at work. Has anyone had this before? I've heard the good from the sales person. But I would rather hear the real from people who have had it and used it.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
I am considering getting AFLAC at work. Has anyone had this before? I've heard the good from the sales person. But I would rather hear the real from people who have had it and used it.

I've had it and loved it! It was great when I was in a bad car accident and was out of work for 3 months. I don't know what I would of done! I also had the cancer coverage and when I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer It helped cover a lot of my health care expenses that wasn't covered by my health insurance.

Some people see it as a waste of money but it pretty much pays for itself if you do have an accident or cancer. Depending on which coverage you have!

The_Queen

I have it and will NOT be renewing next year :yay:

They always find a way or try to find a way to get you on some sort of technicallity as to why something's not covered and most of the time you have to fax your request/doctor's slip in several times before they've received it. I pay a little over $40/month and don't get nearly that back. Good luck!

lovinmaryland

I kinda agree w/ the post above me.

I just filed a claim w/ aflac for an accident that I had. And they did pay out for it...but I had to provide so much paper work it was :crazy: I only have the accident portion of AFLAC.

Another co worker signed up for the cancer policy only and was told that when you get a pap & your yearly mammogram that you are reimbursed $40 each time... well it turns out that is not correct you get one or the other not both.

JustJade

I have it and will NOT be renewing next year :yay:

They always find a way or try to find a way to get you on some sort of technicallity as to why something's not covered and most of the time you have to fax your request/doctor's slip in several times before they've received it. I pay a little over $40/month and don't get nearly that back. Good luck!

Thanks - I was reading through all the technical verbage and everything says "covered illness or covered accident".. I can see where there's so many variables.

NURSCAMERON

It has been a blessing! I had a tooth pulled because it was fractured & not only did i get back my part of the bill, I got back what the insurance company paid as well!!!!!

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
As far as all the paper work everyone is talking about and it being a hassle.It all really depends on who your agent is and if they want to help with claims. I had it through my job and when I had my accident not only did my agent step in and help with all the paper work but my jobs HR department did as well. Now when I had the cancer there was a lot of paper work but gave most of it to my doctor and his office did most of the work. I had this coverage in Texas so there may be a big difference from state to state. Not sure as the compnay I work for now doesn't offer it.