Alcohol vs. marijuana

Alcohol vs. marijuana--which is more harmful?

• Alcohol

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Marijuana

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Both are equally harmful

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • It doesn't matter

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
...Stay away from dark beers for now - some of them taste like earwax and can ruin you for a good dark later....
:lmao: Glad I wasn't in on that "Blind Taste-Test"! :lmao:

fear nothing

to each his own, medical studies and research will show harmful affects to both sides. Of course those that drink will take the pick of pot being more harmful and visa versa, I think they both are harful in thier own ways. So... if alcohol is legal than why not pot. A drunk verses a pothead, no I don't think so. Many people use pot the same as a person having a "few" drinks. ~Governemnet is regulating booze. Pot would be hard to regulate, even if sold in containers such as ciggerettes, anyone would be able to grow their own stuff and how would the government tax that?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Lilly

Hey now! The first time I actually got drunk was when I was 16 off of Boons Farm Strawberry Hill . . . aww the memories . . .

My first time was at my best friend's house next door around Christmas time - we couldn't have been more than 12 or 13. Her dad and my step-father thought it would be "cute" to give us sloe gin fizz's...Boy, were they good and went down easily... :martini:

After I got home, I went to bed in the room I shared with my sister. After she came up to join me, she went back downstairs to ask my mom why I was singing and giggling in bed. She tried again to join me, but by then I was snoring too loudly for her to sleep. :drunk: :lol:

But then came the next morning... :barf: Can't touch sloe gin to this day... :nono:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Although I like a good margarita, I've never been an alcohol fan. I've only been drunk twice in my life.

The first time was at my first college party, and I was really nervous about going. So I had four or five beers in about half an hour. I got really bad nausea and left, fearing I was about to throw up. When I got back to my dorm, one of my roommates was drinking with his friends. He asked if I want some Schnapps and I wanted to scream, "Noooooo....!"

The second time was for my birthday at the Tiki, about 10 years later. My first (and so far only) time I've had their mai-tais. I had two, and when I got home I felt absolutely miserable. The nausea wasn't as bad as before, it was just an overall lousy feeling. That was five years ago, and since then I haven't had more than one drink at a time.

Both times I felt my feet getting numb, and my head and ears felt like they were stuffed with cotton.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by fear nothing
[Governemnet is regulating booze. Pot would be hard to regulate, even if sold in containers such as ciggerettes, anyone would be able to grow their own stuff and how would the government tax that? [/QUOTE]

You are allowed to brew a certain amount of spirits for personal consumption, so why would they object to a little home cultivation?

I want to vote alcohol as the most evil, simply counting the number of deaths, but the system won't accept the vote.

fear nothing

King, I would think because of quanity. Yes you can "brew" your own alcohol, but in some cases it is very difficult and some of the end results were not that great. It was in some cases easier to go buy alcohol it a finished form. On the other hand pot is easy to most to grow and can be grown in quanity to suit the growers nee

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Originally posted by vraiblonde
. . . let me recommend Pete's Strawberry Blonde. . . . The Flying Dog beers are pretty good, too.

I have never heard of either of these before? Do the liquor stores around here carry them? I have never seen either!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, Barbra, are you for legalization or against? As someone who had their problems with drugs, I'd be interested in your opinion.

Jazz, my first drunk was on sloe gin too and to this day I can't smell the stuff without barfing.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by fear nothing
King, I would think because of quanity. Yes you can "brew" your own alcohol, but in some cases it is very difficult and some of the end results were not that great. It was in some cases easier to go buy alcohol it a finished form. On the other hand pot is easy to most to grow and can be grown in quanity to suit the growers nee

Well the same end result can happen with growing herb. Spider mites at the wrong time and you've lost your crop. Lighting screw ups and you shock the plants and your crop is deminished. From what I remember (of days gone by) and talking with some of the growing experts, it isn't as easy to get a "quality crop" as some expect. You've got to work it and work it, just like when making wine and beer.

But this is beyond the point I was making which was since even though alcohol is strictly regulated there is still an allowance for the citizen to produce their own (something like 200 gallons per year without a permit). The same could be established for marijuana as well, what that amount would be, who knows.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue

just checkin'. Actually, I prefer a pipe. But if I don't have a pipe, I don't like them too fat...they'll kill ya'.

Ever try a vaporizer?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This may be a poll but it's like asking "who do you think is taller...Larry or Ken?" Say what you like, I'm taller than the wee mon. LOL.

Point being alcohol is a rather serious poison, from beer to to grain. It is not physically possible to smoke enough to kill you. 10th grade science project. Don't ask about my grade because it wasn't exactly approved to begin with and I reached a point, heh, where I didn't give a crap anyway.

Tonio, go ahead with the point you wanna make now!

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Larry Gude
This may be a poll but it's like asking "who do you think is taller...Larry or Ken?" Say what you like, I'm taller than the wee mon. LOL.

Say what you like, I say not only are you taller but you're uglier too. :lmao:

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry you'll miss the event in August I told your old lady about.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Ugly" falls back on true opinion! We could post our pictures and get thoughts on that! We could title it "How high do you like your "ugly" stacked!

Short is, well, it just is. LOL

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Larry Gude
"Ugly" falls back on true opinion! We could post our pictures and get thoughts on that! We could title it "How high do you like your "ugly" stacked!

Short is, well, it just is. LOL

Would the pictures be with or without beards?

Also, my lanky friend, according to the wife, when I lay down with her I am the perfect height.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I chose both could be equally harmful. Alcohol can hurt you by you drinking your self to death of course, causeing the pancreas and the liver to stop function, and the marijuna, hurts the brain and the liquid film (cant remember the correct name...BRAIN FART) that protects your brain, and eats away at the nerve endings which in turn cause more pain then before. But with terminally ill patients, I think it is good.

fear nothing

Originally posted by Ken King

Well the same end result can happen with growing herb. Spider mites at the wrong time and you've lost your crop. Lighting screw ups and you shock the plants and your crop is deminished. From what I remember (of days gone by) and talking with some of the growing experts, it isn't as easy to get a "quality crop" as some expect. You've got to work it and work it, just like when making wine and beer.

But this is beyond the point I was making which was since even though alcohol is strictly regulated there is still an allowance for the citizen to produce their own (something like 200 gallons per year without a permit). The same could be established for marijuana as well, what that amount would be, who knows.

great point !

S

*sunkist girl*

Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself into the topic.
My feelings are alcohol is the worst. Not just from my past experiences but my friends and family as well. Not saying I am right but the people I have known always drank until they become "drunk". They did not stop at a few beers or whatever. Their motor skills and behavior were affected greatly. The people I knew who blew a joint here and there were more relaxed, but still capable of handling themselves.