All-Time Favorite Movies

Coaster

Two types of movies, ones I like, and ones I don't. Just like music, two types. I'll definately be watching some movies people have mentioned on this thread, but as far as 'good' by technical reasons, or 'fun to watch', I'll leave that snobbery to someone else.
My 2 cents:
Paper Moon is a great movie that hasn't had a mention yet.
Being John Malkovich
Easy Rider
Big
The Thing
Indiana Jones (any of them)

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Coaster said:
Two types of movies, ones I like, and ones I don't. Just like music, two types. I'll definately be watching some movies people have mentioned on this thread, but as far as 'good' by technical reasons, or 'fun to watch', I'll leave that snobbery to someone else.

Good? Who said anything about good? We were discussing "favorites".

Agee

Many, many great flicks posted :yay:

A few repeats thrown-in, but worth the props...

To Kill a Mockingbird
Jaws
Animal House
Scent of A Woman
The Graduate
Wizard of Oz
Patton
The Great Escape
Monty Python flicks
One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest
Poltergist
Exorcist
O Brother where art thou
Shawshank Redemption
The Big Chill
Indiana Jones
Airplane
Cheech and Chongs, Up in Smoke
Big
Me, Myself and Irene
Cast Away
The Dirty Dozen
Dirty Harry
The Good, Bad and the Ugly
Mash
Crash
Beetle Juice

This list could get longer!

Coaster

With my list, I tried to mix films I consider "great" and films which are "great" to watch. For example... The Deer Hunter, Leaving Las Vegas, Schindler's List, The Thin Red Line, and 21 Grams are not "fun" watches, but they're so incredibly well-acted, directed, and written. All five are powerful, unforgettable dramas, in my opinion. On the other hand, movies like The Bourne Siupremacy, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and The Royal Tenenbaums are on there because they're hugely entertaining action or comedy movies that are very well-done.[/QUOTE]

I don't seperate films, tv, music.... any entertainment by how 'well done' any thing is 'supposedly' done. No ill will Brah... the films you mentioned that I'm not familiar with will be viewed by me soon, you think that much of them, I'll check it out. But some (media critics) list reasons of why they like/dislike something, as if to justify themselves or belittle others. You said "in my opinion", damn right! If I didn't want to read others opinions I certainly would not be in the forums; keep it coming.
That was also, just my opinion.
:larry:

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I've just always found it easier to do these kinds of lists (for any creative medium, be it movies, TV, music, books, etc.) when I separate the just-for-entertainment stuff (guilty pleasure flicks, sleazy reality shows, fluffy pop, beach reads, etc.) from the truly well-made, incredible stuff (Casablanca, Charlie Rose, Mozart, Sartre, etc.-caliber stuff)

But your way is good too. It's all good. ;-)