Alzheimer's Support Group?

Restless

Hi! Not sure if I put this in the right forum, but am wondering if there are any Alzheimer's support groups in our area. A dear friend just found out her husband has the disease. She could really use some extra support from those who know exactly what she is dealing with. I'm going to be there for her but have no real experience with this debilitating disease. She lives in Hollywood. Thanks!

Tami2red

Hi! Not sure if I put this in the right forum, but am wondering if there are any Alzheimer's support groups in our area. A dear friend just found out her husband has the disease. She could really use some extra support from those who know exactly what she is dealing with. I'm going to be there for her but have no real experience with this debilitating disease. She lives in Hollywood. Thanks!

I'm a live-in caretaker for a woman with advanced dementia. I'd be interested in the same thing.

I'm also in Hollywood, you can PM me. Maybe your friend and I can help each other. :huggy:

morningrain

My mom is in St. Mary's Nursing home had has Alzheimer's. I know they have a posting there about monthly support meetings but I have not attended. So you maybe able to call them and ask them for the details. Where they are held, what time and what day.

Palominolover

My mom is in St. Mary's Nursing home had has Alzheimer's. I know they have a posting there about monthly support meetings but I have not attended. So you maybe able to call them and ask them for the details. Where they are held, what time and what day.

There is a support group that meets at St Marys Nursing Home the THIRD Monday of every month at 6:30 Pm
Ask at the front desk and they will send you to the correct room. Facilitator is Sharon Nicholson.
Please feel free to join us!