Amazon - I'm impressed!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They'll get reloaded on the new Kindle. Since the books are digital, Amazon has a record of my purchases and they'll let you re-download them whenever you want.

Try that with a paperback. :drummer:

Oh, yeah? Well, try having 100's of books laying around you've already read and have no use for anymore, at all. Ha. How's Kindle looking now, huh? How 'bout them apples? Ha. Uh...err...umm...yeah.

SamSpade

Obviously you don't read in the tub.

Since I don't even have a bathtub in which I could comfortably relax, that's not an option. On the other hand, I seriously doubt an e-reader would do well in that situation.

I can tell you that I have several books that have been read since having been soaked by various means - one, after I chased it downstream floating in a creek. Books are pretty durable - you can leave them outside for the winter, drop them downstairs, toss them across the room, spill drinks on them, run them over with your car - and they usually hold up.

Of course, the other great thing about books is, they're cheap to replace. Lose one in the bathtub, get another for a few bucks. If they start making Kindles as cheap as paperbacks, it's a consideration.

SamSpade

Oh, yeah? Well, try having 100's of books laying around you've already read and have no use for anymore, at all. Ha. How's Kindle looking now, huh? How 'bout them apples? Ha. Uh...err...umm...yeah.

Larry, you impress me.

You've read a book?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

My already read books typically go to Sharon because she and I like the same type of crime drama and political thrillers.

That's the bad part about Kindle: once you've read a book, you can't pass it on.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My already read books typically go to Sharon because she and I like the same type of crime drama and political thrillers.

That's the bad part about Kindle: once you've read a book, you can't pass it on.

A ha! Obviously a commie plot to control the free flow of underground books.
Kindle = Comrade

:evil:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A ha! Obviously a commie plot to control the free flow of underground books.
Kindle = Comrade

:evil:

You're trying to make me dislike my Kindle because YOU don't like my Kindle (based on some arbitrary reason you dreamed up in your head because you've never even used the Kindle).

But it won't work! I love my Kindle!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You're trying to make me dislike my Kindle because YOU don't like my Kindle (based on some arbitrary reason you dreamed up in your head because you've never even used the Kindle).

But it won't work! I love my Kindle!

You DON'T like Kindle but, your love is such that you are blind to the sublibiniblidblemal messages it flashes at you while you're 'reading' (being controlled by) it.

A test; You smoke cigarettes, right? Kindle. A certain brand, right? Kindle. Use a certain type lighter? Kindle. Recently buy any new computer hardware? Of a certain brand? Kindle. Any recent trips? Specific airline? Kindle.

See? :shrug:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
If one were to purchase a Kindle, would one also want to purchase the leather Kindle cover for $29.99?

Cowgirl

I can't believe someone who makes her own perfume, pasta, and cheese, and buys real Christmas trees, and eats bone-in chops would own a fake book. :frown:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I can't believe someone who makes her own perfume, pasta, and cheese, and buys real Christmas trees, and eats bone-in chops would own a fake book. :frown:
I can't believe that someone who does all of that actually has the time to read. I'm impressed. :lol:

SA475

"Mark It Zero"
My Kindle bought the farm, among other midwestern mishaps over Thanksgiving.

I contacted them via email and they sent me a list of troubleshooting steps, none of which worked. So I called them to tell them that the Kindle was still fubar and they told me they would ship me a new one overnight, along with a shipping label so I could return the old one within 30 days.

That's it. They didn't want to give me a hard time, nor did I have to ask for a new Kindle. He said, try this real quick, and when it didn't work he said a new Kindle would be here on Tuesday.

We'll contrast that to the "customer service" you get from Best Buy.

I love Amazon... I not only buy from there... But I also have a small store there - where I sell used DVDs, books, and CDs (for those that still buy them).

I've made over $1,500 extra this year... Good for some play money.

Amazon holds sellers to higher standards that a lot of places... (Must ship within 2 days, must be in exact or almost exact condition described, etc.) I highly recommed everyone checking it out... to just buy or to sell your old no longer watched DVDs...

Last edited: