America Still Wants To Fund Planned Parenthood

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"Nearly two-thirds of American voters said they oppose a Republican proposal to strip federal funds from Planned Parenthood after the release of two undercover "sting" videos of the family planning provider, according to a new poll released Tuesday by the liberal Hart Research Associates.

The poll, commissioned by Planned Parenthood, surveyed 800 registered voters by telephone between Thursday and Sunday to determine whether the undercover footage posted earlier this month by the anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress had affected Americans' opinions of the family planning organization. The findings echo a YouGov poll released last week that found 52 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of Planned Parenthood.

The videos, which are heavily edited, purport to show Planned Parenthood doctors discussing the illegal sale of fetal body parts after abortions. The family planning provider says the videos actually show doctors discussing reimbursement for the costs of donating fetal tissue for medical research, which is legal because it is not for profit.

The footage has prompted Republicans in Congress to escalate their attacks on Planned Parenthood, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) started the process last week of fast-tracking a bill that would zero out federal family planning funding for Planned Parenthood.

But the new poll found that only 28 percent of voters favor that proposal, and just a quarter of voters would prefer a congressional candidate who supports defunding the family planning provider over one who would continue funding it. "

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm still on the fence about this topic. Do we really want someone who is willing to kill their unborn to raise a child? You think the inner cities are in trouble now? If they are too ignorant to know how to prevent unwanted pregnancies, or a child is considered an inconvenience not worth dealing with, do we really want them spitting out these little bastards left and right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There goes the whole "#blacklivesmatter" agenda.

So much for that ####, huh? According to the CDC, black women are five times more likely to terminate their pregnancy. In the state of Maryland, black women account for 67% of all abortions.

But hey, #blacklivesmatter.

Pete

Repete
So much for that ####, huh? According to the CDC, black women are five times more likely to terminate their pregnancy. In the state of Maryland, black women account for 67% of all abortions.

But hey, #blacklivesmatter.

Does this mean if a black man is killed with forceps and a vacuum tube it is ok?

Hijinx

The Democrats do not want to stop abortion.
Last year 90,000 black children were aborted.
If not for those abortions the democrats would have to stop illegals.

Just think of it . Abortions help the Democrats get their amnesty, because if these black children were born there wouldn't be room for all of the illegal immigrants.
Democrat are laughing their asses off, between the black shootings in the ghetto's of America and the abortions, and the homosexuals who don't breed ,Blacks are doing the genocide on themselves

Pete

Repete

Just think of it . Abortions help the Democrats get their amnesty, because if these black children were born there wouldn't be room for all of the illegal immigrants.
Democrat are laughing their asses off, between the black shootings in the ghetto's of America and the abortions, and the homosexuals who don't breed ,Blacks are doing the genocide on themselves

This makes no sense. the democrats have a self sustaining constituency.

Hijinx

This makes no sense. the democrats have a self sustaining constituency.

I never said the Democrats made sense did I?

Also they are not losing a constituency. most every illegal coming here will eventually vote Democrat. It's win- win.

BigBlue

:dingding::dingding::dingding:

It's not very often but you managae to beat mamatutu in stupidity and make the dumbest post of the year so far.I said it before go to your pretend church and pretend to pray .YDF!!!

Hijinx

:dingding::dingding::dingding:

It's not very often but you managae to beat mamatutu in stupidity and make the dumbest post of the year so far.I said it before go to your pretend church and pretend to pray .YDF!!!

So I am saying that blacks are killing their progeny and doing their own genocide, and you, since you have no idea WTF genocide is nor any idea of a retort and you approve of the murder of your own people stoop to calling me stupid.

Son ---you are the definition of stupid.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So I am saying that blacks are killing their progeny and doing their own genocide, and you, since you have no idea WTF genocide is nor any idea of a retort and you approve of the murder of your own people stoop to calling me stupid.

This is why I'm still on the fence about abortion. If a certain population wants to control their own growth through legalized murder, let it be. It has no bearing whatsoever on my salvation. :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've never understood why we, as American taxpayers, pay for Planned Parenthood. And now that there is Obamacare, forcing nuns to pay for birth control, Planned Parenthood should be deemed obsolete. And since the doctors at Planned Parenthood are selling viable baby hearts, and lungs, to line their personal pockets, why can't they just continue their practice of selling body parts (which I thought was illegal in the US) and fund Planned Parenthood that way? Or if Planned Parenthood is so fabulous, then their alumni should be more than willing to make donations to keep them in business.

I'm an American who does not believe in using taxpayer dollars to fund Planned Parenthood. Maybe we should run our own poll.

I've never understood why we, as American taxpayers, pay for Planned Parenthood. And now that there is Obamacare, forcing nuns to pay for birth control, Planned Parenthood should be deemed obsolete. And since the doctors at Planned Parenthood are selling viable baby hearts, and lungs, to line their personal pockets, why can't they just continue their practice of selling body parts (which I thought was illegal in the US) and fund Planned Parenthood that way? Or if Planned Parenthood is so fabulous, then their alumni should be more than willing to make donations to keep them in business.

I'm an American who does not believe in using taxpayer dollars to fund Planned Parenthood. Maybe we should run our own poll.

It's because we, as a society (through our legislators and by authority granted by them to administrators), have decided to provide financial assistance to people providing certain health services. We've decided that we want those services to be more available, particularly for people that might otherwise not be able to afford or access them. For better or worse we do that with lots of things, not just with women's health services. And we don't get to decide as individual taxpayers which things that our government funds we like and then not participate in funding the other things that we don't like or don't agree with. There are lots of things that our governments spend money on that various people don't think we should be spending money on - military and wars, social insurance programs, art, research, foreign aid, etcetera.

But we spend that money anyway. And when it comes to Planned Parenthood, they apparently qualify to receive funds for providing certain services based on general provisions and regulations that make such funds available to anyone that qualifies. The reality that they also provide abortions does not, and legally can not, mean that they are excluded from receiving funds for services which we do provide taxpayer funds for - even though many taxpayers would object greatly to funding abortions. Lots of people or entities do things that are objectionable to various people (or even illegal) but still qualify to receive funds for the government for other things that they do or on other bases. Churches, e.g., are allowed to receive taxpayer funds to provide various charitable services - services which are required to not be accompanied by any proselytizing activities - even though, in addition to those more secular charitable services, those churches do proselytize. Plenty of people would object to providing funding for proselytizing activities. The question is, do those entities meet the generally applicable qualifications for receiving funds.

So Planned Parenthood is entitled to receive funds for providing various women's health services even though, in addition to those services, they provide abortions. Similar things are the case for many other people and entities. Denying them, in specific, those funds - e.g., based on accusations that they did something illegal and without some kind of adjudication of those supposed allegations - would be unconstitutional. Congress couldn't, e.g., just vote to deny Planned Parenthood funds - funds that it qualifies for based on generally applicable provisions of law - because it thinks they may be illegally selling body parts or because it doesn't like that they provide abortions. It could, of course, get rid of the general programs through which Planned Parenthood and others receive funding; it isn't obliged to provide certain kinds of funding, e.g., for women's health services. Of it could change the qualifications for receiving those funds, though only in certain ways (for instance, it couldn't say that an entity that also provides abortions - a constitutionally protected activity - can't receive generally available funds to perform pap smears). But it can't just single out entities it doesn't like and deny them funds.

As for Planned Parenthood illegally selling body parts, do we have much reason to believe it is? As an organization anyway? I'm aware of the recent secretly recorded videos, but the one recording a conversation with a representative of Planned Parenthood's central organization (or whatever you'd call it) suggests nothing of the sort. If anything, it suggests the opposite - that Planned Parenthood isn't illegally selling body parts, that it's being careful not to try to make an illegal profit when it comes to body parts. I have not listened to most of the other recording, the one with a representative of a particular Planned Parenthood clinic. So maybe there's reason to think that one is up to something illegal (though the parts I did listen to didn't suggest that). Or maybe there's other evidence that they've been illegally selling body parts. But I'm not aware of it at this point and I suspect that most people are - wrongly - basing such assertions on the video recordings.

BigBlue

Son ---you are the definition of stupid.

YDF , all I did was show everyone what a moronic post you made in #8 .You are the definition of a sorry old ignorant red neck .