American Dream Homes

Richard Wood

Anyone out there had a good or bad experience with American Dream Homes of Hughesville, MD. Be honest please. ( my dream almost turned into a nightmare ).

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
What specifics do you want to know? And your "dream almost turned into a nightmare" through them or through another builder?

HiddenOne

Richard Wood said:
Opinion of the dealer, contract issues? Get what was promissed, etc.?

complete *******s, who fire their employees for getting pregnant, liars, cheats.... people who find any way to wiggle out of what they promised, and who will screw over their own mothers for the chance to gain an extra $0.01 in their pockets. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

... plus they have no concern for traffic, what with that ILLEGAL sign they have out front that blocks traffics view of cars in the area..... idiots all

Last edited:

Richard Wood

To be brief, lots of contract issues with dealer/builder. To be factual, could not come through with what was promised. Wanted to change size of house and dimensions of rooms to their specs. after told and led to believing at contract signing that they were using my plan. House began to turn back into their model just before order from factory. Dealer told me on at least three occasions his house was a 3O ft plus wide house. found out from manufacture that model he was using was 27' 5'' wide outside. No wonder rooms started to get smaller and doors and fireplaces would not fit! he was trying to put a 32 ft wide house into his 28 ft model, and was trying to do it without telling me. Thats the real deal.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Oh I am SO SORRY to hear that happened to you. I am so very sorry. When was your house done? Just currious. Again, I am so sorry. I may have some insight for you.....

Last edited:

Richard Wood

House didn't get done! He got caught and backed out giving me back all my money down ($10,000) except the original "site eval fee" he charged me to come down and look at my lot and tell me his "fairy tales" from then on. He got $350 for that and will not return my surveys, site plan and deed copies I provided. Said they were his for his records! He has been advised that the MD Attorney General was, and will be again contacted with the matter. I also may seek some assistance through the Realtors Guarantee Fund since I am under the impression that he holds a realtors license.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Richard Wood said:
House didn't get done! He got caught and backed out giving me back all my money down ($10,000) except the original "site eval fee" he charged me to come down and look at my lot and tell me his "fairy tales" from then on. He got $350 for that and will not return my surveys, site plan and deed copies I provided. Said they were his for his records! He has been advised that the MD Attorney General was, and will be again contacted with the matter. I also may seek some assistance through the Realtors Guarantee Fund since I am under the impression that he holds a realtors license.

from what I understand, he does. also- I would think that those documents are yours by law- since you are the one who gave them to him, right?- so U would think you you have every right to get them back. And yes- I know about the $350.00 site evaluation fee.

Last edited:

Richard Wood

Got your PM Watercolor, Thanks.
What you mentioned first has already been considered but thanks anyway. That will too be a contact on the matter.
Good to know about the people you made mention of secondly. I have done some business with them before and actually know two of them on a personnal level. Thanks for the tip.

R. Wood

Last edited: