anchor spot in the Potomac

wileecoyote

Anyone have any hidden gems of places to anchor in the Potomac. Prefer Sandy bottom (or as close as possible, it is the Potomac) and quiet (Not Fairview) I like to go over by Chapel Point, but it seems everyone else does too. I used to have a good spot in the Wicomico when I lived down there, just looking for a few insider tips from up near Dahlgren area.

wileecoyote

one spot

If you are down near Breton Bay or the Wicomico, Hollis marsh is a nice spot. I believe everyone calls it Sharkstooth Island. There is a nice sandy bottom, just so long as you don't go onto shore. There is a guy who will charge you money.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Just to the right after the red bouy heading into St. Clements Bay. Sandy bottom and nice beach. Shallow though so idle in and watch the dept finder.

wileecoyote

I haven't seen the money charing guy in a while- he owns the island from what I've heard.

It's a shame they have to charge to keep litter off the beach but then again I'd like to see them raise the fees to $25/year to keep it even nicer. I think a yearly membership is $10 now.

Sharkstooth Island
I thought it was $100 for a season pass when I was there a few years ago? If I remember correctly he told me $20 for a day or $100 for a season pass. I passed and just swam 6-10 ft off of shore.