And while we remain eternally distracted...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We have so poorly weighed the benefit/risk factor. We have been in the mideast for nearly 16 years now, and it has only gained us more chaos and death there. We have gained not one benefit for our blood. I loathe thinking about getting mixed up with a country like China, given how we are fighting wars these days.

But always remember that old saw..you seldom get to "pick" the wars you have to fight. We can pretend that China taking over all of "their half" of the world isn't of concern to us (and people like Chris will always vigorously pretend exactly that) , and I double-guarantee you that is exactly what we will do as a country too, but those chickens always come home to roost eventually.

Bushy23

We have so poorly weighed the benefit/risk factor. We have been in the mideast for nearly 16 years now, and it has only gained us more chaos and death there. We have gained not one benefit for our blood. I loathe thinking about getting mixed up with a country like China, given how we are fighting wars these days.

So do you think our military spending and 1000+ nuclear warheads are too much? What is the point of increasing spending if we aren't going to use it!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
So do you think our military spending and 1000+ nuclear warheads are too much? What is the point of increasing spending if we aren't going to use it!!

That's like saying... you bought a pickup truck but never load anything in the back of it.

The one thing I will agree with is, our founders never intended for a standing army. But, in today's world, I suppose it's necessary. I have been consistent in this forum in stating that if we're going to go to foreign lands and execute war against them, we need to do it to win, and not settle for some policing objective. Our government seems to think our military are there to fight for a cause they determine necessary for the ballot box, and forget that actual people are sent to die. And we come out of these conflicts in more chaos than when we went in. Everything we're doing is having the opposite effect, and it only serves to spit in the faces of our men and women who died or got injured trying win.

So yes, I think we're spending too much on losing causes.

SamSpade

That's like saying... you bought a pickup truck but never load anything in the back of it.

The one thing I will agree with is, our founders never intended for a standing army.

But they learned in the next war that you can't defend a nation just by relying on militias, even if you think they're supposed to be training themselves.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The one thing I will agree with is, our founders never intended for a standing army.

Past Time to Pullout of Europe ...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

That IS the point. It's practically the entire point, in fact.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But always remember that old saw..you seldom get to "pick" the wars you have to fight. We can pretend that China taking over all of "their half" of the world isn't of concern to us (and people like Chris will always vigorously pretend exactly that) , and I double-guarantee you that is exactly what we will do as a country too, but those chickens always come home to roost eventually.

I'm not saying we aren't justified going into these wars. What I am saying is we have lost our will to win wars. Once the public became aware of how horribly messy they are, they just don't have the stomach for it. WWII we were able to fight with autonomy. Killing everything in our path was necessary to winning. And the American people were shielded from this reality.

What I am saying is, I don't want to get into another conflict unless I know we are 100% in - WWII in. Get the media out! And WIN!