Animal Lease Law

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Animal Rights said:
We are going to keep trying and we are putting in a fenceourselves because we have a dog that we keep inside and on a leash but a fence will be helpful some of the dogs here tried to come at him and my husband had to hold the other dog until I got mine back in the house.
Thanks again.
Do you also talk without taking a breath?

greyhound

You have to do this the right way. You cannot just call animal control. You must Fill out a written compaint. This happened in my neighborhood. Several neighbors filled complaints. The owner of the dog was fined multiple times. State took owner to court. Owner of dog did not show up, judge put a bench warrent out for his arrest and he was put in jail. The system works if you do it the right way.

Animal Rights

Thanks

greyhound said:
You have to do this the right way. You cannot just call animal control. You must Fill out a written compaint. This happened in my neighborhood. Several neighbors filled complaints. The owner of the dog was fined multiple times. State took owner to court. Owner of dog did not show up, judge put a bench warrent out for his arrest and he was put in jail. The system works if you do it the right way.

We will I called my husband at work and we are on it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
St. Mary's Animal Control Ord.

Sec. 212-9. Animal at large.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person, partnership or corporation to allow their animal to be at large.
B. This section shall not apply to a dog undergoing supervised obedience training or while actually engaged in the sport of hunting in an authorized area while supervised by a competent person possessing a valid hunting license.
C. Without permission of the proper authority, the owner, custodian or keeper of any animal may not permit the animal to be on public or private school grounds on a day and time when school is in session or in a public recreation area unless:
(1) The animal is controlled by a leash or similar restraining device as defined under definitions of restraints.
(2) The presence of the animal is in an organized activity such as a dog show.
D. No animal accidentally at large with a person in immediate pursuit shall be deemed at large.
E. A person who is aware of an animal being at large or who finds a stray animal shall report the condition to Animal Control.
F. An Animal Warden or authorized representative of Animal Control who observes an animal at large may pursue that animal on public and/or private property.
G. The Animal Warden or designee is authorized and directed, whenever possible, to seize and impound any animal running at large. When not able to catch an animal running at large and when all other reasonable options have been exhausted and, if in judgment of the Animal Warden or designee the animal is deemed a threat to public safety the animal may be shot or killed.

Sec. 212-11. Public nuisance.
No person shall keep or maintain any animal in such manner as to cause or permit the animal to be a public nuisance. A public nuisance is when an owner or custodian allows an animal to:
(1) Be at large.
(2) Damage the property of anyone other than its owner, custodian or keeper.
(3) Molest pedestrians, passersby or other animals.
(4) Intimidate pedestrians or passersby. Intimidation is defined as a reasonable prudent person under same and/or similar circumstances and whether that person would have been intimidated by the actions of the animal in question.
(5) Chase vehicles, pedestrians or other animals.
(6) Bark or make other harsh or excessive noise continuously so as to disturb the quiet, comfort, or repose of members of the community as reflected by reasonable persons with normal sensitivities to noise.
(7) Foul the air by odor and thereby create unreasonable annoyance or discomfort to neighbors or others in close proximity to the premises where the animal is kept or harbored.
(8) Allow to defecate or urinate on other than that of the owner, custodian or keeper.
(9) Other actions or omissions recognized by Maryland Common Law as a public nuisance.

Fines:

Sec 212-9 1st offense $50, 2nd $100, 3rd $200
Sec 212-11 $50

No need to file a written complaint in St. Mary's, call Animal Control 301-475-8018.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ken King said:
A public nuisance is when an owner or custodian allows an animal to:
(7) Foul the air by odor and thereby create unreasonable annoyance or discomfort to neighbors or others in close proximity to the premises where the animal is kept or harbored.
:killingme Dog farts are illegal :lmao:

nomoney

Ken King said:
(3) Molest pedestrians, passersby or other animals.

If they molest pedestrians, passersby, or other animals do they have to register in the sexual predators database? Is leg humping considered 3rd degree or what? Underage animals 2nd degree?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
nomoney said:
If they molest pedestrians, passersby, or other animals do they have to register in the sexual predators database? Is leg humping considered 3rd degree or what? Underage animals 2nd degree?
You bring up an interesting point.

If a human sexually assaults a dog, they get thrown in the pokey and PETA burns their house down.

If a dog sexually assaults you - nada. All they get is a "bad doggie" and maybe a swat.

This does not really seem fair to me.

nomoney

vraiblonde said:

If a human sexually assaults a dog, they get thrown in the pokey and PETA burns their house down.

If a dog sexually assaults you - nada. All they get is a "bad doggie" and maybe a swat.

Exactly! I'm sick and tired of animal control dicking around and being so lenient.

:lol:

Fray

vraiblonde said:

How can it be fair.
It seems today that the rights of animals have far more value than the rights of humans.
Where I grew up, if a dog (whether of the 4 or 2 legged varity) threatens the safety of your mama (refering to the OP), the solution is quick and final.

Animal Rights

Off that subject

vraiblonde said:

This was about caring about what happens to animals not what your talking about.