Anna Nicole Smith headed to Supreme Court

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/magazine/daily/12759600.htm

The Supreme Court said yesterday that it would hear the stripper-turned-TV-star's case concerning the $474 million fortune of her 90-year-old late husband, oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II.

A ruling by a bankruptcy judge awarded the inheritance to Smith a decade ago. Her stepson, E. Pierce Marshall, has been fighting for the money in various courts ever since. The most recent ruling declared him his father's sole heir.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Upon hearing that the case was headed for the high court, Smith asked, "Find me one Justice who's a rich old man with one foot in the grave, and I'll win for sure!"

kennedy

nowhere near you
canuk woman said:
Now this is going to be interesting who's Anna Nicole Smith again? just kidding I know that she used to have her own reality show
good show :yay:

she's funny, not stupid

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Upon hearing that the case was headed for the high court, Smith asked, "Find me one Justice who's a rich old man with one foot in the grave, and I'll win for sure!"
Too bad she missed out on Rehnquist, huh? :rolleyes:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
BuddyLee said:
Doesn't the supreme court have better cases to hear?:duh:

This is precisely the type case Chuck Schumer want's the Bush Justices deciding. Don't think there'll be a female nominated for O'Connor's seat when word gets out that this one demands the court's attention.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
BuddyLee said:
Doesn't the supreme court have better cases to hear?:duh:
True. This is almost like assigning a Phi Beta Kappa attorney to plead DWI fines. I can imagine John Roberts thinking, "Man, I finally get on the court and this is what I get? Not something meaty like free speech or the right to die?

C

canuk woman

kennedy said:
good show :yay:

she's funny, not stupid

Yeah well I never watched it I'm too busy concentrating on hoping that my dad will be able to get aerosmith tickets for me tomorrow.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
True. This is almost like assigning a Phi Beta Kappa attorney to plead DWI fines. I can imagine John Roberts thinking, "Man, I finally get on the court and this is what I get? Not something meaty like free speech or the right to die?
Could it be any more meaty? :biggrin:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
canuk woman said:
Now this is going to be interesting who's Anna Nicole Smith again? just kidding I know that she used to have her own reality show
Yes, it was her "reality show" that made her famous! :yay:

C

canuk woman

Chasey_Lane said:
Yes, it was her "reality show" that made her famous! :yay:

I know too bad it lasted only two seasons. I wish the Osbornes only last two seasons.