Another accident...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
rallwine2000 said:
Does the ECC allow you to do this? Just wondering.

I think if he was truly a dispatcher and his supervisor got wind of his postings he'd be fired. You're not supposed to do this, and I know it. Therefore, I believe he is HurricaneDan with a scanner. JMO

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Now God knows I am not an expert on this. But, I have had a child flown out three times for head trauma. Those of you who know us know that this past time was the WORST! He is a living miracle. Thank God for the Helo. Anywho..... If MD state flies you out, there is no cost. The cost is covered everytime you renew your MD tags. Now, if Medstar is the flyer....you better believe that you are gonna get a massive bill.

As far as the broken leg being flown out....if it was a femor fracture, it very well could warrent a fly out...but it wasn't my kid that time, (thank God) so I have no info to go off of.

SMC Dispatch

Bay_Kat said:
I think if he was truly a dispatcher and his supervisor got wind of his postings he'd be fired. You're not supposed to do this, and I know it. Therefore, I believe he is HurricaneDan with a scanner. JMO

I can give updates on these kinds of calls, just not certain kind of information, and i am not hurricanedan, i have already said he is on Vacation.

rack'm

Jaded
Bay_Kat said:

I know of another dispatcher that got her hand smacked for posting too. :lol:

Purplefox said:
Anywho..... If MD state flies you out, there is no cost. The cost is covered everytime you renew your MD tags. Now, if Medstar is the flyer....you better believe that you are gonna get a massive bill.
Good to know... my dad must have gotten flown out via Medstar because I saw the massive bill for myself...:faint:

rack'm

Jaded
SMC Dispatch said:
I can give updates on these kinds of calls, just not certain kind of information, and i am not hurricanedan, i have already said he is on Vacation.

SOOOOOOOO, you still haven't given the requested information on the vehicle types and colors.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Purplefox said:
As far as the broken leg being flown out....if it was a femor fracture, it very well could warrent a fly out...
yeah, I can totally see how a helo transport with a broken leg takes precedence over a heart attack patient. :sarcasm:

M

missperky

Purplefox said:
Now God knows I am not an expert on this. But, I have had a child flown out three times for head trauma. Those of you who know us know that this past time was the WORST! He is a living miracle. Thank God for the Helo. Anywho..... If MD state flies you out, there is no cost. The cost is covered everytime you renew your MD tags. Now, if Medstar is the flyer....you better believe that you are gonna get a massive bill.

As far as the broken leg being flown out....if it was a femor fracture, it very well could warrent a fly out...but it wasn't my kid that time, (thank God) so I have no info to go off of.

My dad was flown out of SMH 3 or 4 times and all of them were Medstar. I can imagine the bill, and his fly outs were necessary.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
SMC Dispatch said:

You really can't do that, if you give one wrong piece of information out, it's going to come down on the county, (this is why they have PR people) so if you say you are who you are, I sure hope your supervisor finds out you are posting.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
BadGirl said:
yeah, I can totally see how a helo transport with a broken leg takes precedence over a heart attack patient. :sarcasm:

I wasn't comparing it to a heart attack.....just stating that some leg fractures can be life threatening.

SMC Dispatch

Bay_Kat said:
You really can't do that, if you give one wrong piece of information out, it's going to come down on the county, (this is why they have PR people) so if you say you are who you are, I sure hope your supervisor finds out you are posting.

I wont get in trouble. I can give out this kind of information, and the ECC Supervisor knows i do this. I am a 2nd End Dispatcher in the event we need another TAC Channel Operator, but i am monitoring the accident now as a 2nd Operator.

SoMDGirl42

BadGirl said:
But it pisses me off that his treatment was delayed over a freakin' broken leg.

Put the injuries and the helo usage in perspective, folks, is all I'm saying.
When you graduate from med school, then you can put others injuries into perspective. It pisses me off when people assume a broken leg is routine. You can die from a broken leg. The femur is the longest bone in the body, and the muscle surrounding these bones are some of the strongest. What people don't realize is, when the femur is broken, it causes the muscles to contract and can tear the femural artery causing you to bleed to death.

Helo's are called for "mechanism of injury" , meaning, if it is a high impact collision which has a high potential for internal injuries, a fatality accident, they will fly. Famous quote in the EMS field, "If in doubt, fly me out".

Lets put it into perspective. If it was one of your family members, would you rather fly them out, or take a chance that it's not necessary?

State police helo's do not charge for their services by the way.

SMC Dispatch

Paramedic Ambulance 599 is En Route to SMH Priority 2.

Chief on the scene requesting now be flying 2 Patients out now at this time.

R

rallwine2000

Part of the money you spend renewing your vehicle tags include a portion that goes for the helo service. FYI

R

rallwine2000

I don't think you work at the ECC in Leonardtown, because it is not allowed for you to be posting. Why don't you fess up to were you really work?