Another case of distracted driving?

officeguy

. However, we should make sure that everyone, not just those responding to this call learns from the mistake. And we should pray that those that are injured do not have serious injuries and are able to return to a healthy life.

This wouldn't be as aggravating if this wasn't a recurring theme. Do we really have to stencil the inside of apparatus windshields with 'slow the fuqq down!' ?

This_person

In general our ambulance, CRT and fire fighters due an outstanding job. We all make mistakes in life.

I agree 100%.

[W]e should pray that those that are injured do not have serious injuries and are able to return to a healthy life.

I could not agree more, and they are in my prayers.

That said, it does not change the fact that these are social clubs for people who like to put out fires as their hobby. Because they are volunteers, there is virtually no enforcement mechanism to help them stay in line, and there is very little proficiency for these volunteers due to such a large number of people (compared to a professional crew) going on the calls and therefore a limit on how many times Volunteer A can possibly be driving. Given the too little number of people (compared to what is required for a volunteer shop to run effectively), those who are in charge of the club have little choice but to keep sending them out, hoping this isn't the time they roll a truck. Isn't this the second or third time this year, and we're in the 5th month?

stgislander

PREMO Member
A friend that's an EMT stated that most of the time it is the hospital that determines where a trauma patient goes. When I questioned him about taking a patient the SMH to stabilize them before transporting them farther up the road, he said that depending on the injury, SMH will waive them off and have them go direct to a major trauma center. Maybe that is the case here.

officeguy

A friend that's an EMT stated that most of the time it is the hospital that determines where a trauma patient goes. When I questioned him about taking a patient the SMH to stabilize them before transporting them farther up the road, he said that depending on the injury, SMH will waive them off and have them go direct to a major trauma center. Maybe that is the case here.

The flyout deciision is made by the officer in charge on scene. For lower priority / classification patients they have to get a medical consult through MSP Syscom.
In this case it was called in as B-2 and there was no involvement by the hospital.

3CATSAILOR

I agree 100%.

I could not agree more, and they are in my prayers.

That said, it does not change the fact that these are social clubs for people who like to put out fires as their hobby. Because they are volunteers, there is virtually no enforcement mechanism to help them stay in line, and there is very little proficiency for these volunteers due to such a large number of people (compared to a professional crew) going on the calls and therefore a limit on how many times Volunteer A can possibly be driving. Given the too little number of people (compared to what is required for a volunteer shop to run effectively), those who are in charge of the club have little choice but to keep sending them out, hoping this isn't the time they roll a truck. Isn't this the second or third time this year, and we're in the 5th month?

The bottom line is since there was an injury an accident report would have been done. It would be interesting to see what the police report said. Keep in mind, although some believe that police do not like giving tickets to firefighters, it is not true at all. I know plenty of police officers that have through the years to present.

black dog

Free America
Keep in mind, although some believe that police do not like giving tickets to firefighters, it is not true at all. I know plenty of police officers that have through the years to present.

About the only time tickets are written is when a fire truck hits a Deputy or Trooper.
Then tickets are written.