Another Ford "witness" says she's lying

SamSpade

She passed a polygraph.

I watched a guy on TV last night who claimed to be an alien abductee.

He passed a polygraph.

The reason why they are not used as evidence in court is because they don't prove the truth - only that the person tested believes it.

PeoplesElbow

He passed a polygraph.

The reason why they are not used as evidence in court is because they don't prove the truth - only that the person tested believes it.

From what I can tell most come out "inconclusive".

It takes a highly skilled person to administer and interpret them at that and they still come out "inconclusive".

I seriously doubt whoever gave her this polygraph test falls into that highly skilled category.

SamSpade

From what I can tell most come out "inconclusive".

It takes a highly skilled person to administer and interpret them at that and they still come out "inconclusive".

I seriously doubt whoever gave her this polygraph test falls into that highly skilled category.

I do wonder however at what was raised earlier - why do you submit to a polygraph ---

IF you have ZERO intention of testifying and did NOT want to be outed?

PsyOps

Pixelated

He passed a polygraph.

And that's not even the purpose of a polygraph - to prove if someone is lying or telling the truth. It's an interrogation tool to get someone to come out with the truth.

I had a polygraph. AFOSI conducted it. They knew I worked in an intelligence center, overseas, during Desert Storm several years before; which mean I had contact with foreign nationals, both through my work and off duty. I got though all the questions except the one dealing with giving classified information to foreign nationals. This went on for 3 days. They would come back after "analyzing" the results and told me there was a problem with that question. Then they would further interrogate me. When the analyst couldn't get me to fess up (because there was nothing to fess up to), he brought out his "supervisor"; a 6'20" red headed guy. That's when the interrogations got ugly. He yelled at me, spit in my face, berated me, etc... It was very nerve racking. I still denied any mishandling of classified. When I came back the next day, they said "you're good to go".

They were just trying to get me to confess to something. That's why when I see these so-called 'lie detector tests' I laugh that they are being used to determine whether someone is lying or telling the truth.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And that's not even the purpose of a polygraph - to prove if someone is lying or telling the truth. It's an interrogation tool to get someone to come out with the truth.

I had a polygraph. AFOSI conducted it. They knew I worked in an intelligence center, overseas, during Desert Storm several years before; which mean I had contact with foreign nationals, both through my work and off duty. I got though all the questions except the one dealing with giving classified information to foreign nationals. This went on for 3 days. They would come back after "analyzing" the results and told me there was a problem with that question. Then they would further interrogate me. When the analyst couldn't get me to fess up (because there was nothing to fess up to), he brought out his "supervisor"; a 6'20" red headed guy. That's when the interrogations got ugly. He yelled at me, spit in my face, berated me, etc... It was very nerve racking. I still denied any mishandling of classified. When I came back the next day, they said "you're good to go".

They were just trying to get me to confess to something. That's why when I see these so-called 'lie detector tests' I laugh that they are being used to determine whether someone is lying or telling the truth.

That's one big dude!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A That's why when I see these so-called 'lie detector tests' I laugh that they are being used to determine whether someone is lying or telling the truth.

I can't find the video..but some cops used a Xerox machine to administer a "lie detection test" to some poor sap. They pushed the button and out came a piece of paper with "He's Lying!" on it in big block letters. LMAO..

PsyOps

Pixelated
I can't find the video..but some cops used a Xerox machine to administer a "lie detection test" to some poor sap. They pushed the button and out came a piece of paper with "He's Lying!" on it in big block letters. LMAO..

Here's what was annoying about it. They do a baseline before the actually test. They ask a series of simple questions, then they tell you on one question to purposely lie. Then they showed me on the graph where I lied. Then when I asked to see the graph where it shows I was lying about the classified question they said "no, you wouldn't understand what you are looking at". :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Here's what was annoying about it. They do a baseline before the actually test. They ask a series of simple questions, then they tell you on one question to purposely lie. Then they showed me on the graph where I lied. Then when I asked to see the graph where it shows I was lying about the classified question they said "no, you wouldn't understand what you are looking at". :lol:

I worked briefly for an automotive parts and machine shop, back in my college days ...and one day, the daily bank delivery bag went missing. There were maybe 8 or 10 employees in the whole place. Cops showed up..nobody fessed up. Cops said, "welp...we'll just administer a polygraph to all ya'll and go from there". The perp fessed soon after that. Later, the owner told me that the cop told him, with a wink and a nod, that his "polygraph threat" was nothing but a ploy and that actual polygraphs are useless...but that the ploy worked more often than not because the general public is ignorant like fishboi is.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I worked briefly for an automotive parts and machine shop, back in my college days ...and one day, the daily bank delivery bag went missing. There were maybe 8 or 10 employees in the whole place. Cops showed up..nobody fessed up. Cops said, "welp...we'll just administer a polygraph to all ya'll and go from there". The perp fessed soon after that. Later, the owner told me that the cop told him, with a wink and a nod, that his "polygraph threat" was nothing but a ploy and that actual polygraphs are useless...but that the ploy worked more often than not because the general public is ignorant like fishboi is.

I can't say there isn't validity in results. The polygraph can indicate when someone isn't being truthful; but they are so unreliable that they can't be used as evidence. We are human and respond to things with stress that would, more-often, produce false results. When a result comes up showing someone appears to be untruthful, they will interrogate that person into confessing. If they can't get them to confess, the issue is eventually dropped.

PeoplesElbow

Did you get asked some really off the wall stuff, like have you ever had sex with an elephant?

Hijinx

According to Maury Povich they work every time. He hangs people with them every day on TV.

officeguy

If this party had been a real world event, one of the four other attendees would remember something about it. An address, a range of dates that it must have happened, the trouble they got into for going there etc. With that information in hand, it may be posssible to find documentation that supports or refutes the story ( a bill from the pool company, a statement from the homeowner etc.). The fact that none of them remembers a thing suggests that the drinking at those Chi-Chi schools must have been heavy enough that it left all of them brain damaged.

Hijinx

Anyone woman that would march with Linda Sansour, a Muslim who wants Sharia law, and wears her scarf of slavery, while wearing a pink pussy hat is definitely brain damaged.

Hijinx

I just read today that the Democrats are in such sad shape for a Presidential nominee that Hillary is tuning up for another run.

Grumpy

I just read today that the Democrats are in such sad shape for a Presidential nominee that Hillary is tuning up for another run.

We can only hope, watching the reruns of election night 2016 is getting a little stale.