Anticipation ...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I hate to say it because it sounds so cliche, but I need to go to the grocery store before smowpocalypse hits. Other than that, I will be sitting right here at my desk like usual.

I'm actually glad I had a last minute trip for the store and waited til this morning instead of going when everyone panicked. Everything had just about been restocked overnight (except for all the soup at Giant :confused:) and I had no problem grabbing things I actually needed anyways, blizzard or not. Lines were just starting to get crazy again as I was leaving stores an hour ago.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Same here, but not as much accum yet. Latest prediction for here is 28+ inches. Oy.....

30+ for us. Had 3 on he ground before hand now its about 5 total. Glad the power company spent the fall cutting all trees away from the lines.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I'm actually glad I had a last minute trip for the store and waited til this morning instead of going when everyone panicked. Everything had just about been restocked overnight (except for all the soup at Giant :confused:) and I had no problem grabbing things I actually needed anyways, blizzard or not. Lines were just starting to get crazy again as I was leaving stores an hour ago.

I ran up to the Dunkirk Giant this morning, everyone was in a good mood, super polite and I found everything I needed including batteries. Why can't it be like that all the time? :lol:

FairyChatMom

Just me
After 37 years with the gummint, this is my first winter storm as a contractor, and I'm feeling like a second-class citizen. Doing my best to avoid burning my meager leave hours - we shall see how that goes.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I ran up to the Dunkirk Giant this morning, everyone was in a good mood, super polite and I found everything I needed including batteries. Why can't it be like that all the time? :lol:

Everyone is in a good mood because they think they are getting off early due to the storm.

From the "you can't make this up" department.

We moved and expected to get what you are getting. It's 47 and sunny here in Colorado Springs. Good luck everyone.

ShyGirl

Did I forget anything?

Due to unexpectedly riding out the storm solo due to flight cancellations, I hope I have all of the "man stuff" covered.

Got groceries to make it through the storm.
Ran back out this morning for non-perishables in case it takes a while for stores to be re-stocked after the storm.

Good with toilet paper!

Gas tank of car is full. Wiper blades good. Bought a new jug of windshield washer fluid. Windshield wipers upright so they don't get iced and stick to the car.

Portable kerosene heater is full and have 2 full gas cans.

Propane tank is full.

Generator gas tank topped off and generator ready to run. 2 extra gas cans.

Plow put on 4 wheeler and gas tank topped off.

Candles ready. Flashlights ready. Extra batteries on hand.

Got salt ready to be put down.

Patio furniture moved to shed.

Garbage cans moved to garage.

Water hoses have been disconnected from the house for a few weeks now.

Gutters clean.

Have a little extra cash on hand.

Got extra dog food.

Got 2 jugs of water.

Bird feeders filled.

Cell phone is charging and so is the Kindle. Books are loaded.

Checked for a dial tone on the old land line.

Extra snow brush brought inside.

Shovels staged within reach in the sunroom. Found a smaller snow shovel this morning. Yay!

Okay, what else?

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Due to unexpectedly riding out the storm solo due to flight cancellations, I hope I have all of the "man stuff" covered.

Got groceries to make it through the storm.
Ran back out this morning for non-perishables in case it takes a while for stores to be re-stocked after the storm.

Good with toilet paper!

Gas tank of car is full. Wiper blades good. Bought a new jug of windshield washer fluid. Windshield wipers upright so they don't get iced and stick to the car.

Portable kerosene heater is full and have 2 full gas cans.

Propane tank is full.

Generator gas tank topped off and generator ready to run. 2 extra gas cans.

Plow put on 4 wheeler and gas tank topped off.

Candles ready. Flashlights ready. Extra batteries on hand.

Got salt ready to be put down.

Patio furniture moved to shed.

Garbage cans moved to garage.

Water hoses have been disconnected from the house for a few weeks now.

Gutters clean.

Have a little extra cash on hand.

Got extra dog food.

Got 2 jugs of water.

Bird feeders filled.

Cell phone is charging and so is the Kindle. Books are loaded.

Checked for a dial tone on the old land line.

Extra snow brush brought inside.

Shovels staged within reach in the sunroom. Found a smaller snow shovel this morning. Yay!

Okay, what else?

Two things. Candles ready- invest in battery powered lanterns. Less of a fire hazard.
Have a little extra cash on hand.- What the hell is extra cash this day and age???

Moved to central location, battery/windup radio, batteries, battery powered lamps. Downloaded books to other kindle, downloaded owned movies to both. Charged both.

Last edited:
Two things. Candles ready- invest in battery powered lanterns. Less of a fire hazard.
Have a little extra cash on hand.- What the hell is extra cash this day and age???

If power or comm is down, there's no ATM, no credit cards, have to pay the plow guy with cash.....