Antwon Rose, thoughts?

black dog

Free America
Why do you try to make an argument out of everything?
You know exactly the point I was trying to make but you have to be an argumentative ass.

Yes the new officer made a mistake, but so did the kid who ran.
Do the mistakes nullify each other? No a kid is dead, but he contributed to his death.

I was having a conversation, you might be arguing...
Lie down with dogs get up with fleas?

I'm not the one who judges someone by friends they ride around in cars with now am I?

And I'll ask again, can someone show me a law that says it's illegal for passengers to run and leave when a car is pulled over.
Unless the officer has probable cause that YOU have committed a crime, you are free to leave.

officeguy

Pretty good evidence that Antwon was the shooter in the prior drive-by. Fleeing felons rule and such. Probably a 'good shoot' with poor optics. We are all better off for the actions of the officer.

black dog

Free America
Pretty good evidence that Antwon was the shooter in the prior drive-by. Fleeing felons rule and such. Probably a 'good shoot' with poor optics. We are all better off for the actions of the officer.

Do tell, what evidence did the newbie policeman have when he shot antwan three times in the back while running away?

Hijinx

Do tell, what evidence did the newbie policeman have when he shot antwan three times in the back while running away?

I hope the Officer comes out clean, I would hate to see an officer that can actually hit something get tossed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That's a valid point, I've seen very few police officers in my life that can shoot well.

:yay:

Scariest thing I ever watched was two MD state police practicing at Myrtle Grove back in the 80s when I use to shoot there.

black dog

Free America
:yay:

Scariest thing I ever watched was two MD state police practicing at Myrtle Grove back in the 80s when I use to shoot there.

Yep, you couldn't pay me to shoot at a public range.. The clubs I belong to are bad enough sometimes.

A few years back I was shooting a three gun match and two local officers were shooting as a team. When the dust cleared I made a comment to both of them if I ever robbed a bank, I hope that both of them would be the responding officers.
They laughed and I shook my head..

I also shoot a few long range sniper matches each year, so many LE shooters could be good shooters if they could get past the bravado of " I'm a sniper, Trunk Monkey or embrace the suck morale patches on their 911 pants and velcro ball caps and spend time on the range and actually learn how to shoot.

MiddleGround

And I'll ask again, can someone show me a law that says it's illegal for passengers to run and leave when a car is pulled over.
Unless the officer has probable cause that YOU have committed a crime, you are free to leave.
Next time you get pulled over (as a passenger) for a speeding violation, just hit the gas and give the officer the bird.

Be sure to let us know how that worked out for you...Ok :yay:

black dog

Free America
Next time you get pulled over (as a passenger) for a speeding violation, just hit the gas and give the officer the bird.

Let me know when you find that law I would be breaking as a passenger..

PS,,, the last speeding ticket I earned was in 1978.. so it doesn't look good for me being pulled over for speeding..

Last edited:

officeguy

He had pulled over the car with the bullet holes in the back that was described in the lookout.

But yeah, maybe Antwon was not the shooter and just there in a support role. Doesn't really matter much in a drive-by. Everyone in the car is acting in concert and should go to the gallows together.

Hijinx

He had pulled over the car with the bullet holes in the back that was described in the lookout.

But yeah, maybe Antwon was not the shooter and just there in a support role. Doesn't really matter much in a drive-by. Everyone in the car is acting in concert and should go to the gallows together.

Antwon doesn't have to go to the Gallows. The officer solved that problem.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
SO, good shoot, bad shoot, dont know. What caught my ear this AM as I was listening to NPR on the way in was that they shut down a highway for 4 hours. Are you kidding me? You want to protest, go right ahead, but your thoughs on justice dont trump my rights to peaceably go about my life. Bring in the the busses and start hauling them away. If you keep letting them do whatever they want, pretty soon you have Baltimore.
Probably the right outcome, but the absolute wrong way to get it. The natives are one step from rioting on the best of days, add a hot summer day, a low pressure front and a trigger and you have a politically untouchable situation. Then you get a politician who decides that their little egos require "space to riot" and viola you have Baltimore II.

Hijinx

Probably the right outcome, but the absolute wrong way to get it. The natives are one step from rioting on the best of days, add a hot summer day, a low pressure front and a trigger and you have a politically untouchable situation. Then you get a politician who decides that their little egos require "space to riot" and viola you have Baltimore II.

As long as they burn their own neighborhoods who cares.?
Stores that move into these neighborhoods should get good fire and theft Insurance

MiddleGround

Let me know when you find that law I would be breaking as a passenger..

PS,,, the last speeding ticket I earned was in 1978.. so it doesn't look good for me being pulled over for speeding..

So sorry. Rephrase...

Next time you are a passenger in a car that gets pulled over, go ahead and just jump out and start running.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mixed feelings on this one. I've only read one article on this subject, but running away from police shouldn't bring the death penalty. On the other hand, I doubt Antwon was going to become the next Ben Carson, and won't shed a tear for his untimely demise. Hopefully he didn't have a chance to become a "baby daddy", and his bloodline has reached the end.
:covfefe: