Any advice?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My husband stupidly told the MVA that he had diabetes and sleep apnea. He has gotten through the hoops they made him go through about the diabetes. Now they are going after him for the sleep apnea. They said he has to provide them with 6 months of data from his CPAP to prove he uses it 70% of the time. He has no idea how to do that or why he should have to in the first place.

Anyone go through this in order to keep their license? Husband has been ranting and raving over this for two days now. Any advice how to get MVA off his back???

gemma_rae

If he has sleep apnea, I bet they think he's likely prone to narcolepsy too.

Assuming the CPAP was prescribed/recommended by a doctor, so he should probably start with them to find out how to proceed.

Good luck.

Bonehead

Yeah no clue, some machines do collect usage data, mine does no idea how to collect or print that data. I do understand the MVA though that is how I was led to get a diagnosis, fell asleep at the wheel on the way home from work in the median on 2/4 scared me shitless !

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was under the impression the only people that had to report were commercial drivers.

glhs837

Power with Control
The machine logs data that the doc can access on the card in it. He should talk to the prescribing doctor. Wonder if my Inspire implant does that.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
He is going to talk to the company that his CPAP is from to try and get the info printed out. He doesn't have Facebook and we don't have an Alexa so no monitoring there.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Reporting anything to MVA will be of no help to you and your future renewals. If a person had a seizure, sleep apnea, diabetes, ...the doctor would tell them to report it to MVA since MD is a self-reporting state. Doctors are not allowed to report it to MVA.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maybe I misunderstood. Would not be the first time. I took it as it is PII information and they keep your information private.
Wouldn't be the first time that there are conflicting regulations, especially if the MVA is involved.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Husband talked to the people and it seems easy enough to resolve. His sim card hasn't been transmitting data since Dec 2022 so he can either send them the sim card to download or take it to the sleep center and have them do it.