Any minute now it will collapse into it's own footprint, yup, any minute.

Hijinx

I don't know what the building was constructed of. What I have learned from reading about it is that it was under renovation. It had no sprinklers and only one stairway to use for escape. No telling what the people working there had left in that stairway or stored for use in another area.

It seems impossible that a building like this was allowed to be built without sprinklers and only one way out.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I don't know what the building was constructed of. What I have learned from reading about it is that it was under renovation. It had no sprinklers and only one stairway to use for escape. No telling what the people working there had left in that stairway or stored for use in another area.

It seems impossible that a building like this was allowed to be built without sprinklers and only one way out.

People said the fire brigades told the inhabitants to remain in their apartments until they could be rescued. Many will be found dead in their apartments once the authorities can begin searching.

officeguy

People said the fire brigades told the inhabitants to remain in their apartments until they could be rescued. Many will be found dead in their apartments once the authorities can begin searching.

That is the correct instruction for a fire that involves only one or two units. By telling inhabitants to stay in their apartments you keep the stairwell available to bring firefighters in and out. Once the whole curtain wall was lit up and fire was spreading to multiple floors, a general evacuation should have been ordered much earlier in the process. Whoever was in charge of that incident is going to get some uncomfortable questions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is interesting...looks like this was largely Al Gore's fault..

However, building residents and experts have warned about the fire risks of cladding for years. A blog post by the Grenfell Action Group in November 2016 warned that “only a catastrophic event” would bring attention to the building’s issue.

Government officials cautioned against the risks of cladding since at least 1999, according to The Telegraph.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/deadly-london-tower-fire-fueled-by-green-energy-rules/?utm_campaign=thedcmainpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is interesting...looks like this was largely Al Gore's fault..

The Telegraph noted that cladding “is used as an insulation to make buildings more sustainable to meet green energy requirements.” Some 30,000 buildings in the U.K. have been retrofitted with cladding to cheaply comply with green energy mandates.

They will never admit that ..... only that ENOUGH Money wasn't spent

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They will never admit that ..... only that ENOUGH Money wasn't spent

Lookit all the energy they saved though....before the whole thing went up.

I'm seeing reports coming in about the death toll rising dramatically as they gain access to more of the structure. Officially 30 and potentially over 100....!

Last edited:

officeguy

Lookit all the energy they saved though....before the whole thing went up.

Well, now that it burned up, they certainly released a bunch of greenhouse gases.

The cladding comes in three varieties
- polyethylene core (cheapest)
-polyisocyanate core ($2 more/m2, somewhat flame retardant)
-mineral core

The refurb was specd to use polyisocyanate an tumescent fire-breaks between the floors.
I expect that we will find that someone at the construction company substituted the cheap PE core stuff and bribed the council inspector to sign off on it.
I'm seeing reports coming in about the death toll rising dramatically as they gain access to more of the structure. Officially 30 and potentially over 100....!

Sacrificed to the gods of 'sustainability'.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Looks like Lightroasted doesn't want to talk about science any more. :bawl:

Almost a case of rendition. I was walking down the street when a van pulled up and two big fellows out of nowhere pushed me into the darkened interior just as the door opened up. Immediately a black hood was placed over my head. I couldn't see anything, (It's not like in the movies). After a short drive that seemed like an eternity, the van stopped and the door opened. I was pulled out and walked, between those to big fellas, to a room. I was slammed into a chair and tightly secured with heavy duty zip ties. That's all I am allowed to say. They are not nice people. Anyway ...... I'm back.

First off, those towers were built to withstand the very thing that happened, jet fuel and all. Aeroplanes are just one long aluminum alloy tube with the densest items being the engines. Any amount of fuel, that wasn't dispersed into the air or as a fireball, after impact, was quickly consumed. There just wasn't enough time, for the jet fuel to bend, warp, weaken, fatigue, those steel beams to the point of failure. Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Almost a case of rendition. I was walking down the street when a van pulled up and two big fellows out of nowhere pushed me into the darkened interior just as the door opened up. Immediately a black hood was placed over my head. I couldn't see anything, (It's not like in the movies). After a short drive that seemed like an eternity, the van stopped and the door opened. I was pulled out and walked, between those to big fellas, to a room. I was slammed into a chair and tightly secured with heavy duty zip ties. That's all I am allowed to say. They are not nice people. Anyway ...... I'm back.

First off, those towers were built to withstand the very thing that happened, jet fuel and all. Aeroplanes are just one long aluminum alloy tube with the densest items being the engines. Any amount of fuel, that wasn't dispersed into the air or as a fireball, after impact, was quickly consumed. There just wasn't enough time, for the jet fuel to bend, warp, weaken, fatigue, those steel beams to the point of failure. Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.

No amount of argument will convince so why try.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I'm genuinely sorry to discover that you are, in fact, a fawking nut case. I always thought better of you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm genuinely sorry to discover that you are, in fact, a fawking nut case. I always thought better of you.

My handlers told me this would happen. I am an adamant follower, and supporter, of "The Policy of the United States". But, since I haven't been able to take the boat out since April, and while slime grows upon her hull at the marina, I figured I'd try my luck here. Let's see, I think I might be getting some nibbles ..... :oldman: Think Scooby-doo snicker.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'm not sure where you get your info. Perhaps you could back it up with reliable sources.

The thing you're not considering is the damage the impact did. This, in and of itself, could have been enough to start the collapse without a fire. Perhaps it wasn't the fire that caused the collapse at all. The weakened structure from the impact, and stress over time, is likely the biggest cause of the collapse.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.

Apparently there was enough damage and fire to take down 7. Do you have an explanation for the collapse of WTC 7?

World Trade Center 7 Report Puts 9/11 Conspiracy Theory to Rest

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Buckling is a funny thing as it has nothing to do with the strength of the material but the stiffness and occurs suddenly without warning. It is one of the first thing sophomore engineering students learn, however it is not intuitive at all because it is stability and not strength based. Elevated temperatures cause thermal expansion and also they cause a reduction in the elastic modulus, which is a variable in the buckling equation.

I am just curious:

1) None of the people that believe in the conspiracy theory has any sort of structural experience.
2) People with structural design experience believe the official report because there is a scientific basis for it and it follows what we know about the mechanics of the situation and has reproducible results.
3) Other than "I just don't like it" what basis do you have for believing these conspiracy theories, do you think Rosie O'Donnell and Charlie Sheen know more about this than engineers, architects, and metallurgists that have structural design experience?
4) What credentials do you have that make you a believable source?

I am guessing G's post (#32) sums it up though.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Ok, ok. Maybe I shouldn't gone fishing in shark infested waters. Thought it would be fun to poke by starting a thread about tall burning buildings. Maybe I should have signed up for an account at a 911 truther website and posted it there instead? It seems that those guys really eat that sh*t up. :yay: If you did notice, I didn't post any links that could have supported any claims. Why, because they are coo coo. Apologizes for posting on a the subject.

PeoplesElbow

Anyhoo, you now have me wondering what the structural support of that apartment was. A building that size could possibly be supported mostly by concrete with a little bit of steel where needed. In the 70's when it was built steel was starting to get expensive so there was shift in using the concrete as the major vertical structural element instead of the steel.

officeguy

If I may ...

Ok, ok. Maybe I shouldn't gone fishing in shark infested waters. Thought it would be fun to poke by starting a thread about tall burning buildings. Maybe I should have signed up for an account at a 911 truther website and posted it there instead? It seems that those guys really eat that sh*t up. :yay: If you did notice, I didn't post any links that could have supported any claims. Why, because they are coo coo. Apologizes for posting on a the subject.

So this was just a lame attempt at trolling ?

You may note that nobody here ate up your troll bait.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If I may ...

:smack: