Any news about a Sonic Drive-in

tomtom

I stopped at a Sonic last year on 17 in Va. Don't know the name of the town, but it's about an hour past Tappahannock. That was the first time I had been to a Sonic, and it will be the last time, food was terrible. I expected it to be really good, with the things you typically hear about a sonic, and it was barely edible when I finally tried it.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Once was indeed enough; they can put one here but it will never see me in my vehicle.
Dayum, you wouldn't even drive past it? :lol:

I haven't had a front bench since my '61 Impala. The glove box door was a dining table, about the size of an airplane fold down tray
You're going to hurt the Miata's feelings. :frown:

I have never eaten at a Sonic, but the overall impression seems to be one of love or hate. Kind of like White Castle. Sonic's drinks are tempting, though.

Baltimore_Colt

Having never been to a Sonic, I can't give an opinion however the information I've gathered from co-workers throughout the years suggests that the general consensus is that their tater tots(?) are good and their drinks are awesome and everything else sucks.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Went to one in Tampa a couple of years ago and had really
good greasy, Southern fatty food! Even the car hops were
Super Sized!
Worked on my Crown Vicky's door...

There is a P & Z conflict between the BMW motorcycle dealership,
Go Kart track and Sonic.

SoccerMom2

I want a Traders Joes! I used to want a Sonics but i am eating healthier now and the last time ate there i got a huge had ache. I think hot dogs give me a head ache.

Beta84

They're out to get us
What's the thrill about eating in your car?
I always thought Sonic was decent for fast food. I like being able to do order from the car, but unlike the drivethru have some time to look at the menu without holding up the line. Occasionally when I'm on travel I'll get Sonic. But honestly, they waste money with their setup. Checkers has the bare minimum and there's not really a difference.

Went to one in Tampa a couple of years ago and had really
good greasy, Southern fatty food! Even the car hops were
Super Sized!
Worked on my Crown Vicky's door...

There is a P & Z conflict between the BMW motorcycle dealership,
Go Kart track and Sonic.
Sonic's isn't exactly "Southern" food. :doh:

I want a Traders Joes! I used to want a Sonics but i am eating healthier now and the last time ate there i got a huge had ache. I think hot dogs give me a head ache.

Trader Joe's would be nice around here.

BernieP

Resident PIA
...and I don't have somebody cleaning up the dropped fries or spilt milkshake either. Nobody is going to bring me a refill on my iced tea or an extra napkin when my son gets sloppy

it's why you carry an extra wife beater in the truck wit ya, to wipe up he's mess

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I'm sure Sonic would turn into a nice teeny bopper summer hangout for the ricers... :dye:

Just what we're lacking here, another burger joint! :coffee:

camily

Peace
What's the thrill about eating in your car?

They have outdoor eating areas with a nice outdoor playground. At least the ones I've been to do. We love it whenever we go on vacation. We actually find them on the route through gps and make a stop. It's a treat for the kids and they get to run off some energy. They have servers that bring you refills and everything else you need and also deliver the food to you. You order right from the playground (or car).