Any thoughts about Spinnakers

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
quietcool2006 said:
On a scale of 1-10.................They get an 11.Great lil intimate spot in what I would call"in the cut".Love the atomosphere!!!!!..Oh yeah,,,,Come with deep pockets although it is well worth the money.

No amount of money will get you the service and atmosphere your looking for at this point. Unless you brown bag your own meal and eat in the parking lot. Especially since the restaurant has been closed for the last three months and it is unclear if or when it will reopen.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SPinnakers has been closed??? Say it isn't so!!! Hoping it was just closed for the off season..

bernsm

Spinnakers hasn't been the same since they re-opened after the hurricane. The new building has no personality - too much lighting, glass top tables, paper napkins - no warmth. The services was average at best and the new manager was never to be seen. The food was decent but hardly worth the long wait and poor wine list.

The old Spinnakers, leased/managed by Kim (whose last name I can't recall), was far more intimate. Kim was always on the floor, knew her customers by name and often had our drinks on the table waiting for us when we walked through the door.

I suspect this latest closing has much to do with the obvious mismanagement of the restaurant.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Spinnakers

a friend and I wanted to take a drive down to Pt Lookout this past weekend, we were so hungry and wanted some seafood for dinner and didnt realize the restaurants closed so early down there , I had just read all the good posts about Scheibles ... so we headed there ... walked in right at 9 pm and was turned away ... would have tried Courtneys next except we had seen the Spinnakers sign ( had never been there ) and went there next hoping they would still be open ... they were closing as well but since another couple had just walked in the same time we did , they were gracious enough to allow us to order dinner , we sat at the bar and had some very yummy crabcake sandwiches along with sweet potato fries and didnt feel rushed , they were very friendly and made us feel welcome even though I am sure they were tired and wanted to go home . Fast and friendly service even at 9 pm and the food was excellent ! :yum:

I don't recall their hours but I will find out and go back to Spinnakers !!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Rane said:
a friend and I wanted to take a drive down to Pt Lookout this past weekend, we were so hungry and wanted some seafood for dinner and didnt realize the restaurants closed so early down there , I had just read all the good posts about Scheibles ... so we headed there ... walked in right at 9 pm and was turned away ... would have tried Courtneys next except we had seen the Spinnakers sign ( had never been there ) and went there next hoping they would still be open ... they were closing as well but since another couple had just walked in the same time we did , they were gracious enough to allow us to order dinner , we sat at the bar and had some very yummy crabcake sandwiches along with sweet potato fries and didnt feel rushed , they were very friendly and made us feel welcome even though I am sure they were tired and wanted to go home . Fast and friendly service even at 9 pm and the food was excellent ! :yum:

I don't recall their hours but I will find out and go back to Spinnakers !!

Were you in a silver VW station Wagon???

Rane

itsbob said:
Were you in a silver VW station Wagon???

No ... we were in a sweet little brand ( well almost ) new red car ... why ?

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My past few experiences at Spinnakers have been horrible. Once upon a time it was fabulous, but lately, not so much. I'll not go there again. Well....maybe if someone else pays, I'll go there, but I'll not go and spend my own money.

:nomoney:

BadGirl said:
My past few experiences at Spinnakers have been horrible. Once upon a time it was fabulous, but lately, not so much. I'll not go there again. Well....maybe if someone else pays, I'll go there, but I'll not go and spend my own money.

:nomoney:
Speaking of which... I owe you a lunch, missy...:bubble: We need to hook up this week.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Rane said:
No ... we were in a sweet little brand ( well almost ) new red car ... why ?
Someone in a Silver VW Station Wagon almost killed me on Saturday.. Coming N on 5, left turn signal on, moves to the left part of the lane to turn into Scheibles... I go around him/ her on the right JUST as they change their mind and decide to go right. I could have reached out and touched his hood with my index finger, or just slid off of my seat and onto his hood. How I got by without scuffing my side cases or ending up a hood ornament is beyond me.

FIrst time in probably twenty years I've flipped someone off on the road..

Rane

itsbob said:
Someone in a Silver VW Station Wagon almost killed me on Saturday.. Coming N on 5, left turn signal on, moves to the left part of the lane to turn into Scheibles... I go around him/ her on the right JUST as they change their mind and decide to go right. I could have reached out and touched his hood with my index finger, or just slid off of my seat and onto his hood. How I got by without scuffing my side cases or ending up a hood ornament is beyond me.

FIrst time in probably twenty years I've flipped someone off on the road..

Well I am certainly glad that wasn't me !