Anybody been to jethros

I eat there about once a month. Some things are better than others, nothing I wouldn't order again. Really good onion rings... :drool:

The "big guy" makes a heckofa Santa when he grows in the beard.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
They don't always look closed to me. They do close early but I figure that will change once the weather changes. Like I said we thought the food was great and so was the service.

I had dinner with friends there this past weekend and thought the food was good. I like how they have the small bar section in back for the kids with the tv turned to cartoons to keep them entertained.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Their was a man there and he seemed pretty nice especially since we were there a long time after they actually closed.

He is very nice and I have a hard time picturing him abusing his employees. The worst you can say about Jethro's is that their prices are high. The food is good, ribs are outstanding, and the staff is excellent.

jaksprat

He is very nice and I have a hard time picturing him abusing his employees. The worst you can say about Jethro's is that their prices are high. The food is good, ribs are outstanding, and the staff is excellent.

Agreed! Had their ribs once and thought they were very good and plentiful too. They said they use cherry wood for cooking them. I also like Adams Rib quite a bit, so now there's 2 places I'd consider for ribs.

headovaheels

I never said he abused his employee's i just said that i had heard that he yells at them in front of customers... which i think is pretty rude... we dont want to see that or hear that while eating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never said he abused his employee's i just said that i had heard that he yells at them in front of customers... which i think is pretty rude... we dont want to see that or hear that while eating.

I don't think it's very responsible of you to hear a rumor about a local business, then come post it on the internet. If you had seen this first-hand, that would be one thing.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The owner has a gruff, no-nonsense manner but he is a nice guy. We were just there for lunch a week ago and chatted with him while we ate. We've been going there for about six years. Seeing some of the dopey kids (employees) he's had to deal with, I think I'd get frustrated too, but I've never seen him do what I'd call yelling...more a parental-type of "do this..do that."

The food is decent, perhaps overpriced, but as I've said about most restaurants/bars, I go more for the social aspect ..spending time with friends.

jaksprat

Agreed! Had their ribs once and thought they were very good and plentiful too. They said they use cherry wood for cooking them. I also like Adams Rib quite a bit, so now there's 2 places I'd consider for ribs.

Well, I'll have to revise my opinion on this place based on the ribs I got from there yesterday. They were awful. I've only been there twice and can't believe the difference from the 2 visits. Yesterday they were barely warm, tough and tasted very poor. What a difference from the first time. I probably won't be back.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me. We stopped by there the Friday of Tiki opening at about 8:15 and they were closed but we saw the owner inside. Haven't been back there since. Several months ago there was talk about them perhaps closing so I don't know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jethro's annoys me because the owner could have had a nice little business if he'd have made some better decisions. I hate it when I see a business model that's a sure thing, but it implodes because the owner has tunnel vision. :mad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Jethro's annoys me because the owner could have had a nice little business if he'd have made some better decisions. I hate it when I see a business model that's a sure thing, but it implodes because the owner has tunnel vision. :mad:

Yep...sad...