Anyone been here since the late 70's

ok what about the other side, Kings 5 and dime and ummm safeway across the street, rexall and another movie place behind it

I wish we still had safeway

wineo

loving life
that would last all of about 2 days... before we killed each other... If I ever move it will be to Michigan!

:lmao::lmao::boxing::duel: To cold in Michigan, wasn't the Safeway where Checkers is now on Great Mills Rd, I think it was A&P in Millison Plaza. We had 2 movie theaters then:starcat:, but you had to walk by all the bars then to get there.

What about having breakfast after the bars closed at Mike's Resturant or the resturant where the tanning place is by Raley's Furniture (can't remember the name), Rose's girls would be there, waiting to get hooked up with someone:lmao: Better yet, we forgot about The Elsie D, remember that place. Use to go there and have dinner on Friday nights, then it was the Clipper. I feel old.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
The Prissy Hen clothes shop was there also, and by the Pub wasn't there Brass Latern Bar?

I forgot about The Prissy Hen. I think you might mean " The Brass Ass", before that it was the " Sunset Manor", then Brass Ass, then Meddetration ( or how ever in the hell it is spelled ), and lastly The Pub LaCasa.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
:lmao::lmao::boxing::duel: To cold in Michigan, wasn't the Safeway where Checkers is now on Great Mills Rd, I think it was A&P in Millison Plaza. We had 2 movie theaters then:starcat:, but you had to walk by all the bars then to get there.

What about having breakfast after the bars closed at Mike's Resturant or the resturant where the tanning place is by Raley's Furniture (can't remember the name), Rose's girls would be there, waiting to get hooked up with someone:lmao: Better yet, we forgot about The Elsie D, remember that place. Use to go there and have dinner on Friday nights, then it was the Clipper. I feel old.

Safeway was first across from the donut connection, then behind checkers is next to Queen Anne appts. Yes it was A&P in millison plaza, then super fresh, now big lots. Pete's Galley is the 24 hr. resturant that was next to Raleys.

Long ... long ago in the stone age Safeway was there on the corner across from the donut place... its now an office building and bank... ROFLMAO i had to memorize all the turns from home to lexington park cuz when I was @ 6 or 7 I loved to sing in the car... and one day my dad said "if you don't quiet down I am gonna stop this car at the orphanage and put you out" ( that might be child abuse today.. haha ) so I can remember memorizing all the turns so if he did stop at the orphanage I was just gonna walk home!

this was prob around the same time that I had discovered the miricle of fire and set the bathroom on fire 2 times in one week... no wonder why I was an only child ... hahahaha

P.s. only 1 week of fire awe, cuz the 2nd time it was my backside that was on fire...

Last edited:

wineo

loving life
Safeway was first across from the donut connection, then behind checkers is next to Queen Anne appts. Yes it was A&P in millison plaza, then super fresh, now big lots. Pete's Galley is the 24 hr. resturant that was next to Raleys.

That's it Petes Galley, they use to :boxing: in there, the place was a dump, but at 2am the food was great and didn't care what it looked like.

I can remember when St. Mary's Square opened and we had the Grand Union to shop at, and Rustlers was there then. Things sure have changed around this small town.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
That's it Petes Galley, they use to :boxing: in there, the place was a dump, but at 2am the food was great and didn't care what it looked like.

I can remember when St. Mary's Square opened and we had the Grand Union to shop at, and Rustlers was there then. Things sure have changed around this small town.

Then you must remember when where Rose's is was the Pub? The Two Theives? Pearl's Coffee Shop? Navair Grill? The Piccalo? Little Billy's?

ginwoman

Romers stationary store, shoe repair shop, Plaza movie theatre, Tropics bar and 1 or 2 more small store fronts which I can't recall.

My grandfather worked at a barber shop there back in the 60's.

I'll ask my mother if she remembers the name.

greyhound

My grandfather worked at a barber shop there back in the 60's.

I'll ask my mother if she remembers the name.

I remember the old Park and Plaza movie theatres. The Hub was the only store in the area where you could buy private school uniforms.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You are all bring back a LOT of memories. I've been here since 1963. :eek:ldgeezer:

I think that all of sisters used to waitress at Pearl's restaurant at one time or another.

lishokay

Okay Already
"The 70's".....Oakwood Lodge, Tall Timbers Tavern, Leonardtown Wharf,The Pub, Placid Harbor Yacht Club, Little Billy's, The Piccolo, Hills Club Hogs, Drive thru liquor windows, and every single concert at the Capital Center!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
"The 70's".....Oakwood Lodge, Tall Timbers Tavern, Leonardtown Wharf,The Pub, Placid Harbor Yacht Club, Little Billy's, The Piccolo, Hills Club Hogs, Drive thru liquor windows, and every single concert at the Capital Center!!!

Love the av! :roflmao:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
OMG, I remember all of that and actually have fond memories. I spent 6 years working on Tulagi Place in the early to mid 80s. Mama Rose at Pub LaCasa hired me at age 15 and then I worked at the hotel desk at age 19. Oh man, the stories I could tell and not just about roaches!

I grew up fast on Tulagi, but every waitress, clerk, prostitute, biker, fireman, cop, and navy regular that I came across looked out for me like a little sister. :yay:

:geezing:

Tikibar

Wayne from Maine
The Tropics was awsome! They used to have the best music, and the coolest crowd you would ever meet. I remember drinking beer and shooting pool on saturday afternoons. The pool table was crooked so the balls would just keep on rolling.

Best semi dive bar ever. Think it was owned by two females at the time.