Anyone rent tow dollies beside U-Haul in SOMD?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
U-Haul has outrageous standards to rent a ****ing tow dolly. Anyone else in our area, Leonardtown, rent them?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Isn't there a guy down St. George's Island way that might be able to hook you up with something? I hear he likes Corona.
Got a 16' car trailer. I like loaning it forumites too. Last guy I loaned it to - Sneakers - brought it back with all new LED lights and a new wiring harness installed. ;-) got a bit larger one if the 16' isn't enough for the task...it's not too rusty either.
DSC_0008_8.JPG

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I’ve got a car dolly - I lIke Jameson & Makers.
I sure wish I thought this thread was going to produce real results, unlike my Passlock thread. TPD, I would gladly buy you a case of James & Makers to save me the apprehension and disappointment I endured yesterday.

I borrowed a car carrier from a coworker. When I pulled it from his place to my fiance's house, all seemed well for the trip. I hooked up yesterday morning and headed west to collect a 1967 VW beetle that still had floor boards and wasn't drastically "modified" by any previous owners. It actually still had the correct 1500cc motor!

I found out that my 2003 Trailblazer with 275hp and 275 ft lbs of torque, isn't a "real" truck and doesn't like foot hills. I got as far as Brown County VA before I had to abort my mission and give up my dream of owning another lost part of my youth.

I have no doubt that I could've towed Beula II home on a dolly, but the trailer alone was enough to make me realize that the TrailBlazer wasn't up to the task. Mission aborted and dreams dashed, I limped back home without my beloved Beetle.

The owner "may" be trading it today for another project, but I'll wait and see what happens. With 3 or 4 older boats and a fiance with a "bucket list", I really don't need another project, but that never stopped me before. 😆

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I’ve got a car dolly - I lIke Jameson & Makers.
Hey TPD, I found a reasonable replacement for the '67 in none other than Bushwood, MD. It was so close, I should've been able to smell it when the wind was out of the West. It's a '72 Super Beetle (which I swore I'd never own) and the fellow would like it gone by this weekend. If you can hook a brutha up, PM me with your beverage brand/size preference and a distributor that stocks it. I can pick the dolly up the evening of your choosing. :biggrin: