AOC claims she can't afford DC apartment, but records show she has at least $15,000 in savings

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Why don't you read the article before commenting?

It literally says "she has 3 months before she has an office"

Because I'm reading the post and it says
“I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real,” Ocasio-Cortez told The New York Times.
"I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real."
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Most have taken Ocasio-Cortez’ claims at their face value, praising her for drawing attention to the housing crisis and that the electoral system is designed to discourage working-class people from running for Congress.

But it appears that her claims of financial hardship collapse under further scrutiny, unless Ocasio-Cortez spent her savings like the 1 percent of the country and ended up cashless after the election.

Ocasio-Cortez claims she can't afford DC apartment, but records show she has at least $15,000 in savings

so, please, go suck a dick.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
FINALLY: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has A Couch To Crash On In D.C.

According to CBS News, celebrity chef José Andrés, who famously refused to open a restaurant in President Donald Trump's namesake Washington, D.C., hotel, has graciously offered her a place to stay in his own home.

"Dear Congresswomen," Andres tweeted, "You have a room, a shower, and a plate on my family table for as long as you may be in need of one."

[clip]

After an outpouring of offers to help — and a number of people questioning whether she was fit to make financial decisions for the country if she couldn't plan ahead for a couple months' rent — on Twitter, Ocasio-Cortez responded that she and her partner are "working it out." Yesterday, The Daily Wire reported that it seems Ocasio-Cortez isn't in dire financial straits (though she's by no means wealthy).

SamSpade

If someone were to publish MY finances - they MIGHT be able to claim that I can afford a lot more than I actually CAN in real life.

I do have savings - and I keep it locked down in the event I need something like a new car or major surgery.
You know - something we're told you should ALWAYS do. Yes, I have a backup plan.

But it doesn't mean I can afford a second place to live in DC, so I'm actually with AOC on this one.
An apartment in DC IS a huge expense.

Clem72

She is probably just angry no one has offered her one of those apartments one street over from the Capitol building that are somehow only rent for $850/mo (but the ones to either side rent for $4-5k) and are stuffed full of congress critters.

BOP

FINALLY: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has A Couch To Crash On In D.C.

According to CBS News, celebrity chef José Andrés, who famously refused to open a restaurant in President Donald Trump's namesake Washington, D.C., hotel, has graciously offered her a place to stay in his own home.

"Dear Congresswomen," Andres tweeted, "You have a room, a shower, and a plate on my family table for as long as you may be in need of one."

[clip]

After an outpouring of offers to help — and a number of people questioning whether she was fit to make financial decisions for the country if she couldn't plan ahead for a couple months' rent — on Twitter, Ocasio-Cortez responded that she and her partner are "working it out." Yesterday, The Daily Wire reported that it seems Ocasio-Cortez isn't in dire financial straits (though she's by no means wealthy).

One of the more famous people to offer to help AOC:

AOC needs to crash.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
“I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real,” Ocasio-Cortez told The New York Times.
"I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real."
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Most have taken Ocasio-Cortez’ claims at their face value, praising her for drawing attention to the housing crisis and that the electoral system is designed to discourage working-class people from running for Congress.

But it appears that her claims of financial hardship collapse under further scrutiny, unless Ocasio-Cortez spent her savings like the 1 percent of the country and ended up cashless after the election.

Ocasio-Cortez claims she can't afford DC apartment, but records show she has at least $15,000 in savings

She will be making $174,000.a year. If she can't afford a DC apartment, she'd better get her little scrawny butt out to the suburbs and find her lil ol' place to live. :yay:

She is a mental case if she thinks she can't live on that. :lol:

BOP

She will be making $174,000.a year. If she can't afford a DC apartment, she'd better get her little scrawny butt out to the suburbs and find her lil ol' place to live. :yay:

She is a mental case if she thinks she can't live on that. :lol:

She could always work as an exotic dancer, or turn tricks on the side. Might as well work it while she's still got the looks.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder how long it will be before she is a multimillionaire with 3 paid off homes.

BOP

I wonder how long it will be before she is a multimillionaire with 3 paid off homes.

Three years if things keep trending the way they have. Run against Hillz in 2020, drop out and enjoy the proceeds.