AOC - People Are Going To Start Dying

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
dd214.jpg

Hijinx

IF humans are indeed the cause of all the dire predictions of global warming (or cooling), then why doesn't anyone want to address the 800-lb gorilla in the room... global population explosion.

Global Population explosion.

That,s one thing they cannot blame on the white man.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Out there in the universe somewhere is a planet that is light years ahead of us in development, and we're so insignificant we don't even know it exists.

Do you really believe that? I’m not so sure, I can’t begin to comprehend the size of space, the number of habitable planets (as we understand them), maybe there are advanced civilizations, but I think #4 in this list could be true too..

https://www.space.com/37157-possible-reasons-we-havent-found-aliens.html

4. Intelligent life self-destructs. Whether via weapons of mass destruction, planetary pollution, or manufactured virulent disease, it may be the nature of intelligent species to commit suicide, existing for only a short time before winking out of existence.

The other possible reasons are all interesting too and reason to think that whatever this existence is, it’s quite rare.

Hijinx

Do you really believe that? I’m not so sure, I can’t begin to comprehend the size of space, the number of habitable planets (as we understand them), maybe there are advanced civilizations, but I think #4 in this list could be true too..

https://www.space.com/37157-possible-reasons-we-havent-found-aliens.html

The other possible reasons are all interesting too and reason to think that whatever this existence is, it’s quite rare.

Well I used to like the History Channel. It was pretty good. Now the only thing on it is The Pickers and the ALIENS.
They give every tough job ever done on this planet to The ALIENS.
Who built the Pyramids? The ALIENS.
Easter Island, The ALIENS
Moses crossing the Red Sea The ALIENS

I don't even bother to turn it on any more. It's turned into phony reality shows or the freaking Aliens.
OK The ALIENS, where did they go. If they were so damned happy to come here why did they stop.?
It's BS.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Because a person of color would not be intelligent enough, huh?

Hey, stop picking on Grumpy. He doesn't like that and he's liable to get all, oh I forget the word, but how people get when they need a snickers bar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

"Short time" is relative. We humans are individually on this earth for 80+- years. We consider that a "long time". Complex life has existed on this planet for an estimated 500 million years. The planet Earth is estimated 4.5 billion years old. And we're just one of many in our solar system, which is one of many in our galaxy, which is one of many in the universe.

When you think about how vast the universe is, it's almost impossible that this tiny dorky planet is the only one with intelligent life. The human mind cannot conceive of infinity.

My guesses as to why we haven't found alien life are:

6. Space is big. The Milky Way alone is 100,000 light years across, so it's conceivable that the focused signals of intelligent aliens, which are limited to the speed of light, simply haven't reached us yet.

7. We haven't been looking long enough. Eighty years. That's the amount of time that radio telescopes, which allow us to detect alien signals, have been around. And we've been actively searching for aliens for maybe sixty years. That's not very long at all.

8. We're not looking in the correct place. As previously mentioned, space is big, so there are tons of regions to listen for alien signals. If we're not listening precisely in the direction from which a signal is originating, we'd never hear it. As Andrew Fain explained at Universe Today, it's like trying to speak with your friend on a 250,000,000,000-channel CB radio, without any knowledge of the frequency on which they are transmitting. You'll probably be channel flipping for a long time.

Or maybe we did find intelligent alien life but it's so different from us humans that we didn't realize we found it. Maybe beings on Venus were waving their antenna going, "Hey, stupid! Over here! Good grief, what the hell is wrong with those people??? We're right here!!! Xorgk, hit them with another tsunami."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well I used to like the History Channel. It was pretty good. Now the only thing on it is The Pickers and the ALIENS.
They give every tough job ever done on this planet to The ALIENS.
Who built the Pyramids? The ALIENS.
Easter Island, The ALIENS
Moses crossing the Red Sea The ALIENS

I don't even bother to turn it on any more. It's turned into phony reality shows or the freaking Aliens.
OK The ALIENS, where did they go. If they were so damned happy to come here why did they stop.?
It's BS.

And yet you wholeheartedly believe in God.

:lol:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
"Short time" is relative. We humans are individually on this earth for 80+- years. We consider that a "long time". Complex life has existed on this planet for an estimated 500 million years. The planet Earth is estimated 4.5 billion years old. And we're just one of many in our solar system, which is one of many in our galaxy, which is one of many in the universe.

When you think about how vast the universe is, it's almost impossible that this tiny dorky planet is the only one with intelligent life. The human mind cannot conceive of infinity.

My guesses as to why we haven't found alien life are:

Or maybe we did find intelligent alien life but it's so different from us humans that we didn't realize we found it. Maybe beings on Venus were waving their antenna going, "Hey, stupid! Over here! Good grief, what the hell is wrong with those people??? We're right here!!! Xorgk, hit them with another tsunami."

The bit about life looking like nothing we would expect is so interesting. I often think when I see a deer, what do they think of us, our cars, etc, and if an advanced life form has an intelligence just as beyond ours as ours is from a deer, we are just unable to realize what they are.