Apex Theater Prince Frederick

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
I'm lucky because I have family in Waldorf and Annapolis. Waldorf mall theater isn't great but its much better then PF(Just don't forget your flack jacket....lol). I personally go to the movie theater at Anapolis mall. I think its worth the drive.

I like Bowie...but are they not building a 2nd theatre in Waldorf as well?

-H

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
:mad: I went there Thanksgiving day a couple years ago and tried to pay with my Visa check card (I rarely carry much cash) and was told they don't accept credit cards.

Umm....never been to a first run theater that didn't!

My only option was to use that nice high service fee ATM they have in the lobby or drive to my bank ATM across town.

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
:mad: I went there Thanksgiving day a couple years ago and tried to pay with my Visa check card (I rarely carry much cash) and was told they don't accept credit cards.

My only option was to use that nice high service fee ATM they have in the lobby or drive to my bank ATM across town.

:yeahthat:

Plus you cannot buy your tix ahead of time via Fandango, to pick up there.:eyebrow:

-H

beamher

:yeahthat:

Plus you cannot buy your tix ahead of time via Fandango, to pick up there.:eyebrow:

-H

exactly. however, i noticed that they started charging a fee for that service:tantrum now i take the chance on hoping that they won't be sold out or get there earlier enough if i have to catch the next show

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love

-H
A second theater in Waldorf? That's odd, they've closed 2 in the last few years...although I guess it's been about 9 years since the oldest one closed.

But seriously, how often are there 8 good movies out at the same time?

As far as a theater not getting the movies people request, it's not always the theater's fault. Theaters make requests, but the movie distribution companies use a complicated formula of demographics and market potential, taking into account how far away theaters are, how far people are willing to travel, where else the movie will be playing and a number of other factors. They don't alway send what the theater owners want.

awol

i find it hard to beleive that the theather companies haven't tried to open a multi-plex around here with the pop. growth. It must be our wonderful county execs that tried to block it. I would not be surprised if one of them owns the current one or if good friends with the owner.

Dork

Highlander's MPD

We usually try to go to Bowie or Annapolis. Prince Frederick is closer but we have experienced all the same disappointments...
*The place seems dirty and smelly
*The theatres aren't updated like Bowie and Annapolis Mall. Seats are higher up so you don't have to look over peoples heads.
*You can't order tickets online
*You can't use a Visa check card

If they were only charging $4-5 a ticket, I'd probably go there just to save some money and driving but the tickets aren't any cheaper. The place is a dump and seems to be stuck in the 80s. The popcorn wasn't that bad. I just wish they wouldn't leave all the extra butter all over the floor.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
Apex...

I wonder if the she-devil is still managing there. I was seeing a movie with a small group of friends and had purchased my ticket before them (inside) and then stood off to the side for a few minutes while my buddies were purchasing theirs (so that I wouldn't clog up the line). I'm standing there checking my watch when the manager starts screaming at me to either buy a ticket or get out and started rambling on about loitering :blahblah:. This was about three years ago, so I was probably 18/19 at the time, but you don't treat customers like that regardless of their age. If she honestly thought that I was "loitering", she should have came over to me and asked to see a ticket, not scream across the lobby like some sort of maniac. The whole crowd bust out laughing when I held up the ticket and told her which movie I was seeing. :lmao:

On another note, the place is pretty disgusting. I also don't think that I have been there one time where I haven't had to go tell them about a technical problem (sound not working, screen is blank or off center), either. I like the Annapolis Mall theatres best :yay:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Pretty much agree that the PF and LP theaters are dumps and is shameful that patrons are subjected to the lack of care the owners display with these businesses. I personally have refused to give them our business since last year due to these conditions and would encourage patrons to boycott since these owners know nothing or care except for their bottom line. Finally I am of the opinion that the existing Monopoly among the two businesses is a result of building ordnances that includes some good ole boy hand shakes with county executives at the time the theaters where built.

OldHillcrestGuy

-H

Not actually building another one in Waldorf, but in Brandywine where the big new shopping center is going on 301 just north of Cedarville Rd., with Costco, Target and Safeway. Maybe there was mention of one in Waldorf where the Stardust was also.:shrug:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
i find it hard to beleive that the theather companies haven't tried to open a multi-plex around here with the pop. growth. It must be our wonderful county execs that tried to block it. I would not be surprised if one of them owns the current one or if good friends with the owner.

That's what I was wondering, too!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Pretty much agree that the PF and LP theaters are dumps and is shameful that patrons are subjected to the lack of care the owners display with these businesses. I personally have refused to give them our business since last year due to these conditions and would encourage patrons to boycott since these owners know nothing or care except for their bottom line. Finally I am of the opinion that the existing Monopoly among the two businesses is a result of building ordnances that includes some good ole boy hand shakes with county executives at the time the theaters where built.

:high5:

craberta

I go on the base. It is very clean, the sound system kind of sucks, and the popcorn too, but the place is clean and the kids that work there a respectful. I was warnd to stay out of Apex in Calvert for all the reasons people posted above. It is so sticky I know of someone who lost a shoe to that floor.

MyDarlin

MyDarlin
Not actually building another one in Waldorf, but in Brandywine where the big new shopping center is going on 301 just north of Cedarville Rd., with Costco, Target and Safeway. Maybe there was mention of one in Waldorf where the Stardust was also.:shrug:

COSTCO!!! Sweet! That is such good news I may even forget about theater woes. Right now we drive to Hanover for the fabulous shopping at COSTCO. No one can beat their prices or their return policy!
Any idea when it will be open?