Appaloosa

Loper

Animal Poor!
welcome to the club. i'd say if you haven't been bucked off, then you have not ridden enough...

and actually, plenty of horses learn that bucking is a bad idea. you just have to train them....or you can shoot them but that might be illegal

It is just a bored MPD posting to try to get the horsey people spun up... ignore them and hopefully they will go away! :buddies:

ImnoMensa

So the other day I was riding my Appaloosa. Well after riding for about 10 minutes she bucked and I fell off. I have every intention of turning her to glue. Any way someone on here could come shoot her in the head? I cant seem to bring myself to do it.

When a horse bucks you like that , the way to cure it , is to get back on and run it till it cant stand up after a couple of times it gets the message.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
How about trying to find out why he bucked in the first place, before going all Terminator on him?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt... that you're not trying to start some cr@pola...
You could do some ground work with him with the saddle on to determine if it's tack fit - if it doesn't fit there will be dry spots under the saddle pad when he's sweaty:
Clinton Anderson Horse Clinician Down Under Horsemanship Horse Training Article

Equusite.com - Horses that buck while riding - teaching a horse to ride obediently and respectfully

Like with any relationship, it's a give and take.

Last edited:

Wait4It..boom

Has this horse been sitting all winter without a job? How old is this horse? Has it been worked regularly?
Totally agree that mine have been feeling frisky too. I got on one of mine 2 weeks ago and he bucked... and he reared... and he spun... to let me know he was feeling cocky with his attitude that day. If it's not ill fitting tack, you have to remember a lot of them are on a sugar high (like mine are) from the clover and all the grass coming in. He's got more energy than he knows what to do with (kind of like a kid short circuiting on Halloween candy). I've ridden him almost a dozen more times since and he's not done it again (proof that one buck isn't necessarily going to lead to an infestation of them).

bookrat

Me too... Think I want to shoot my horse?

Your just an arse stiring up crap.;.you dont own a horse and would know how to stay on if your were bucked..

I think you need to be "f" ucked rather than bucked...:dye:

IF you are serious...call the local bad guys, invite them to a horsie shoot, and let them do the deed.....:killingme

Stupid MPD/SMIB slut

MinorThreat

Your just an arse stiring up crap.;.you dont own a horse and would know how to stay on if your were bucked..

I think you need to be "f" ucked rather than bucked...:dye:

IF you are serious...call the local bad guys, invite them to a horsie shoot, and let them do the deed.....:killingme

Stupid MPD/SMIB slut

Do you french kiss your daddy with that mouth?