Archery Shop

Madam Blue

Looking for an archery shop in Charles or St. Marys county other than the Tackle Box or Dicks. Does Kim still have her shop off 235 north of Hollywood?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There's also one on Friendship School rd. before the turnoff to bishops rd. I believe it's amish owned.

Inkd

Yep. It's the red barn. My husband just went there last weekend

Zimmermans. I hear they do excellent work. I used to go to 3J's but since I have been back, friends of mine told me their quality was slipping.

bulldog

Looking for an archery shop in Charles or St. Marys county other than the Tackle Box or Dicks. Does Kim still have her shop off 235 north of Hollywood?

No, Kim's shop has been closed for several years. As mentioned, 3J's out on Morganza Turner road or Zimmerman's on Friendship School. I've used both and both do quality work. I have no idea why anyone would say that 3J's is slipping, but I have not witnessed that. Where you go could depend on what brand of bow you're having worked on or are considering buying. I went to Zimmerman's when I shot a Bowtech because 3J's does not deal in them. They'll still work on them if it's something simple, but them getting parts can be difficult. Zimmerman's did excellent work at a good price. I have not been to Zimmerman's for a couple of years, but last time I was there, their inventory was limited.

Either place is fine. Just depends on what you're looking for.

sm8

posting a picture of a magnet for Zimmerman's.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 261

Inkd

No, Kim's shop has been closed for several years. As mentioned, 3J's out on Morganza Turner road or Zimmerman's on Friendship School. I've used both and both do quality work. I have no idea why anyone would say that 3J's is slipping, but I have not witnessed that. Where you go could depend on what brand of bow you're having worked on or are considering buying. I went to Zimmerman's when I shot a Bowtech because 3J's does not deal in them. They'll still work on them if it's something simple, but them getting parts can be difficult. Zimmerman's did excellent work at a good price. I have not been to Zimmerman's for a couple of years, but last time I was there, their inventory was limited.

Either place is fine. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Last time I went to 3J's, they were great. But, I've been gone for about 3 years now and since I've been back I talked to some friends about getting my bow tuned up and was going to 3j's. Two or three of my friends said they weren't happy with the work they had done there. Something about their strings?

General Lee

Last time I went to 3J's, they were great. But, I've been gone for about 3 years now and since I've been back I talked to some friends about getting my bow tuned up and was going to 3j's. Two or three of my friends said they weren't happy with the work they had done there. Something about their strings?

Funny you mention strings, They replaced my bow string last year and now the bow is a lot noisier then it was :/

bulldog

They (3 J's) don't make strings. They will replace your sting with one from the manufacturer, one you provide (so long as it's for your bow) or they will order you a custom one from an outfit called 60X custom strings. I have all of my original strings replaced with custom stings. At first I was using a guy who did them on the side and was quite happy with them. That guy now works for 60X and I use their strings. Completely happy with them and certainly never had a problem with them being noisier.
I certainly recommend taking it back and asking them to look at the tuning of the bow and see what they can do.

Madam Blue

Just looking for some aluminum arrows for my two sons who are coming down next week for Thanksgiving. I gave them all my bows, including a Ten Point Titan crossbow. I wanted to hook them up with extra arrows.
Thanks again for the info.