Are there any?

J

jp2854

I know what you mean red explorer. That is why we are going to pay the huge bill well pet doesn't look that clean of a place in the back. They have dogs there that are up for adoption and sometimes u see them sitting in there potty mess they made. I am going to ask my vets office if i can see the back where they keep the dogs after getting fixed. The last time I was in there I heard dogs crying and she said that is what they do when they come out of anasthisia (spelling). I am too much of an animal lover to see them suffer. The vets office will be hearing from me a few times the day she gets fixed even if they don't like the fact that I am calling I think they will get over it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
When I got my two little dogs done (one is deaf and blind) I used Tidewater I was very happy with their work...

J

jp2854

i had one bad experience with tidewater. They didn't have heat in teh back an also no ac either at the time I took in my cat (to be front paw declawed) smawl used them and recommended them to me. I took my female cat there (she had pinkeye) so they when they went to pick her up they picked her up by her head and threw her in the cage(i walked out of htere in the cage I walked out of there in tears as I am an animal lover. I called the vet next to my house went there a and talked to them and they took my cat to do the job and they were very understanding and they let me visit her the next day when she had to stay as they knew I was a mess due to what i saw happen with my own eyes. this all happened over 11yrs ago things might have changed by now but who knows.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Spaying is more expensive than neutering because it is an invasive surgery. But I can't see paying $300-400 for the procedure... If you call SMAWL or the pound (can't remember which) and say you adopted the cat, you can get a spay/neuter voucher that significantly lowers the cost.

Robin

Spaying is more expensive than neutering because it is an invasive surgery. But I can't see paying $300-400 for the procedure... If you call SMAWL or the pound (can't remember which) and say you adopted the cat, you can get a spay/neuter voucher that significantly lowers the cost.

I have had farm cat specials done on the counter in the barn. Thats why I'm having a hard time with the prices that are being charged to spay and neuter pets. A Shot to put them under some betadine scrub to clean the area a disposable scapple to do the incision, and remove the working parts. a needle and disposable thread to close the tubes and incision. A quiet place for them to sleep it off, and return to normal. I have participated in the 10 minute invasive surgery. I dont need a wild cat micro chipped either. Hell when I set her loose she might not even stay around the farm. At least I want to have her spayed so she wont reproduce, and add to the population problem.

J

jp2854

i know where you are coming from robin. The vets office I think tripple there prices to get the most money they can out of you. We are going to learn how to give our own shots I think next year as the vets office is outrageous in price. Or I will get it done through second hope rescue when they come near my house to do the shots as they only charge 7 or 10 dollars for the shots the only thing she will need is heart worm from the vets office and that will be it and her flea meds which I can pick those up at petco when she finally tops out at her final weight for now the vets office sells me one dose of flea meds and same wit heartworm as they said it is stupid for me to buy a whole box when shes not done gaining weight she only weighs about 40lbs now and when shes done growing shes going to weigh between 120 and 140lbs. I think i might email the breeder and ask her how much the female that had thsi dog weighed so we can have an idea

Robin

i know where you are coming from robin. The vets office I think tripple there prices to get the most money they can out of you. We are going to learn how to give our own shots I think next year as the vets office is outrageous in price. Or I will get it done through second hope rescue when they come near my house to do the shots as they only charge 7 or 10 dollars for the shots the only thing she will need is heart worm from the vets office and that will be it and her flea meds which I can pick those up at petco when she finally tops out at her final weight for now the vets office sells me one dose of flea meds and same wit heartworm as they said it is stupid for me to buy a whole box when shes not done gaining weight she only weighs about 40lbs now and when shes done growing shes going to weigh between 120 and 140lbs. I think i might email the breeder and ask her how much the female that had thsi dog weighed so we can have an idea

I order all my animals shots and administer them my self. Saves alot. I call the vet for the shots I can not give. Rabies and pulling coggins for the horses. If I need a shot real quick I call Southern Sates in Charlotte Hall to see if they have it on hand. If not I order on line and have it delivered. saves money and time.

Carrc

Yeah Lucky ones can help you, also the Humane Society, and The Well Pet Clinics. Those are the clinics in the area.

Robin

Dropped Hiss and Spit off this morning. She was not happy. I told them be very careful. She will allow you to get your hands within tear up reach and get you before ya know it.

Alot more reasonable than the Vets. I near had Heart failure when I called around. Its nice to preach spay and neuter but make the cost where folks can afford it. I can almost understand why litters of puppies and kittens are getting out of hand.

Thank you for all that posted the contact numbers.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Dropped Hiss and Spit off this morning. She was not happy. I told them be very careful. She will allow you to get your hands within tear up reach and get you before ya know it.

Alot more reasonable than the Vets. I near had Heart failure when I called around. Its nice to preach spay and neuter but make the cost where folks can afford it. I can almost understand why litters of puppies and kittens are getting out of hand.

Thank you for all that posted the contact numbers.

Love the name Hiss and Spit :lmao: My youngest kitty, Zuma, could be called Lick and Bite!
Did you try Southern MD Spay and Neuter for help? Money towards Spay and neuters is provided by donations to the SPOT thrift shop in St Leonard. They are in the process of relocating to the old post office in SL and may be real busy packing and moving. PM me if you want more info.
BTW, I have posted a few times that they are seeking a trailer up to 35' for sorting and collecting donations. An old construction or office trailer would be cool and it would be a tax write off for any company or individual willing to donate one.
Thanks!!

Robin

Love the name Hiss and Spit :lmao: My youngest kitty, Zuma, could be called Lick and Bite!
Did you try Southern MD Spay and Neuter for help? Money towards Spay and neuters is provided by donations to the SPOT thrift shop in St Leonard. They are in the process of relocating to the old post office in SL and may be real busy packing and moving. PM me if you want more info.
BTW, I have posted a few times that they are seeking a trailer up to 35' for sorting and collecting donations. An old construction or office trailer would be cool and it would be a tax write off for any company or individual willing to donate one.
Thanks!!

Actually I paid the $55.00 for the spay and $15.00 for the rabies. Well worth it. I took her to The Well Pet Clinic They all did a fantastic Job :yahoo:. I didn't want it done free or reduced just with in reasonable cost. There are other folks that need the offset of the coupons to help them pay for their pets. I Hope that Spot gets funds to move forward for a better future to help families spay and neuter. It has just been a while since I have had to have an animal spayed or neutered. There is a big scale of pricing differences.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Actually I paid the $55.00 for the spay and $15.00 for the rabies. Well worth it. I took her to The Well Pet Clinic They all did a fantastic Job :yahoo:. I didn't want it done free or reduced just with in reasonable cost. There are other folks that need the offset of the coupons to help them pay for their pets. I Hope that Spot gets funds to move forward for a better future to help families spay and neuter. It has just been a while since I have had to have an animal spayed or neutered. There is a big scale of pricing differences.

$55 isn't bad at all! Glad she is home again.