Armed Robbery in Lexington Park

C

czygvtwkr

as the mom of the "pizza delivery guy", I find some of this offending. Most of the comments were okay, some folks maybe need to remember that hey, it's not just a guy, it IS someone's son, brother, and uncle who is just trying to earn a living, and now not only has to deal with folks who are rude, or unappreciative that he is out there in that 100 degree plus heat index, or freezing cold, or hurricane, or snow, or raging thunderstorm as was the case. All because you ordered a pizza and you want it no matter what, but not enough to come get it. A lot of times, there is no tip, because they assume the delivery fee IS the tip. Then you get these thugs, who give it enough forethought for it to be a setup, and instead of a tip at the end of your long night...you get a gun in your face, assaulted, and robbed. And it wasn't even close to $100, believe me people just do not tip if at all. In the interest of not disclosing too much information I will leave it there. Just think people, before throwing comments out there, and maybe next time you order a pizza, be a little nicer to the delivery person. They work long hours in all sorts of situations, and sometimes are "invisible". Even thank you is only good manners. We are thankful our son is safe, let's hope they find these fools before this continues to escalate, they take the next step and the next delivery person cannot walk away.

Wow if anything I've seen in here offends you then you get offended way too easily and I think you better turn the computer off because you are not ready for the internet.

inkah

as the mom of the "pizza delivery guy", I find some of this offending

Omfw. He is a pizza delivery guy, not an tn martyr. Good grief. Pick your pantries out of your ash and get a grip. Direct your anger appropriately. People on this thread are not the enemy. The high powered thugs selling crack to your son's attackers are the enemy.

as the mom of the "pizza delivery guy", I find some of this offending. Most of the comments were okay, some folks maybe need to remember that hey, it's not just a guy, it IS someone's son, brother, and uncle who is just trying to earn a living, and now not only has to deal with folks who are rude, or unappreciative that he is out there in that 100 degree plus heat index, or freezing cold, or hurricane, or snow, or raging thunderstorm as was the case. All because you ordered a pizza and you want it no matter what, but not enough to come get it. A lot of times, there is no tip, because they assume the delivery fee IS the tip. Then you get these thugs, who give it enough forethought for it to be a setup, and instead of a tip at the end of your long night...you get a gun in your face, assaulted, and robbed. And it wasn't even close to $100, believe me people just do not tip if at all. In the interest of not disclosing too much information I will leave it there. Just think people, before throwing comments out there, and maybe next time you order a pizza, be a little nicer to the delivery person. They work long hours in all sorts of situations, and sometimes are "invisible". Even thank you is only good manners. We are thankful our son is safe, let's hope they find these fools before this continues to escalate, they take the next step and the next delivery person cannot walk away.

Okay... went back and re-read this thread from top to bottom and can't find not one post that made fun of pizza delivery people... other than yours. :boo:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Now, how much do you suppose they got? $100 tops?

Stupid.

Depends.

I (itsbob) worked for one place where we didn't carry more than $20, and cashed out after each delivery (or before), another place I worked for we started with $20 in our pocket and cashed out at the end of the night. Busy night could have over $500 in my pocket... But I was also in PA so I always had a .45 with me. Stupid f'rs out there will kill you for a lot less than $500.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
not sure but I think Papa Johns and Dominoes delivers late (1 or 2 am).
Hey - Stoners get the munchies. Pizza is relatively cheap. Especially if you knock off the delivery guy.

I delivered once to a place where the smoke rolled out if the doorway.. Guy handed me a $50 for a $25 order and told me to keep the change. I liked stoners that night..

glhs837

Power with Control
Now, how much do you suppose they got? $100 tops?

Stupid.

That was probably enough for each of them to get a fix.

I did delivery for a while back when I was active duty, and it was the biggest conern, becuase low level scum think of pizza drivers as mobile ATMs. Not supposed to carry more than 20-50, but you might get lucky and get the guy when it's really busy and he has not bothered, or kept his tips on him and the manager, who should be reminding the drivers to keep little on them can get distracted. But until pizza delivery goes all plastic, no paper money, this will continue to happen.

LPM, really, WTH is wrong with you? Please point me to where in this thread, with quotes please, anyone has said anything that can be offensive. Unless you mean the jokes about the bad guys only getting enough for a fix of what kind of pizza it was. Nobody here wishes ill on your son, we all would like a crack at the scum that robbed him, preferably with a bat.

As for the person who said drivers should allowed to carry, no major chain allows the drivers to carry weapons of any kind, for liability reasons. Driver just feels threatened, and attacks someone who just looked creepy, stray shot goes through apartment wall and take out lil'Suzie in here toddler bed and the chain is out of millions, or business. Given how few drivers are actually harmed, they are playing the numbers, as businesses do. If a driver doesnt like it, they just have to find another job.

garyt27

INAFJ
What gets me about pizza delivery is that they are not supposed to deny delivery to any neighborhood. So they gotta go to places that are not to favorable. And the newest driver usually gets these runs.

bohman

as the mom of the "pizza delivery guy", I find some of this offending...

I'm sure you're upset by everything, but go back and take another look at what people were posting. Yeah, they made some jokes, but they were making fun of the idiots that robbed him, NOT the pizza guy. I didn't see anyone making fun of your son.

SoMDGirl42

I like pizza guys (ad girls too) They bring me my dinner when I'm too lazy to cook it or pick it up myself. :buddies:

glad the boy is ok. The thugs??? not so much. I hope they overdose on their drug of choice and choke on their own vomit and die. :coffee: