Assault on Gas Stoves

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I read; An electric/ gas stove is only allowed to operate for a preset period as we see fit ! In other words you have a engergy consumption meter on your appliance and its shuts down after alloted time expires, wait for it to reset?
This will go over HUGE with restaurant owners. And then how to you allow a restaurant to consume enough to stay in business while cutting off the homeowner during dinner? How do they draw the line on usage?

OOO!! OOO!!! I know!! Communal cooking sites! No...still uses gas or electric. OO! Wood fired!! No..... already being killed. OOO!! Home methane generation!!! Just tap into the sewer system!!

There's actually quite a few youtubes on home methane generation.

PeoplesElbow

"In a notice of proposed rule-making, the Department of Energy said it has "tentatively concluded" that new energy conservation standards for stove appliances would be technologically feasible and economically justified. The agency proposed new limitations on how much energy electric stove tops (both coil and smooth) and gas cooking tops may consume in a year.

In a shift, the Department proposes to end the prohibition on constant burning pilot lights in gas stoves, but says a stove with a constant burning pilot light would not meet the new efficiency standards."

"The department argued that stove appliances achieving its proposed standards are already commercially available and that the benefits to consumers and the climate exceed the potential burdens."

I read; An electric/ gas stove is only allowed to operate for a preset period as we see fit ! In other words you have a energy consumption meter on your appliance and its shuts down after allotted time expires, wait for it to reset?

WOW, does this ever stop?
Hope that's just terrible wording. I think they mean using an average expected usage it has to use less than a certain amount given that type of usage, not like a data cap.

Hijinx

Remember folks this goes back to what i have repeatedly said.

Laws are not bad. It's the regulations that kill you.

None of this will be a law but regulations set by some ass wipe or agency, but it does the same thing as a law , and you get no trial or chance to beat it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

All the while, Berkshire-Hathaway LNG in Lusby is busy sucking off our Nation's natural gas from the pipeline grid and converting into liquid for shipment over to India and Asia. Along with all the other LNG plants in the Nation.

I'm reckoning it is one way to keep these countries from completely revolting against the US dollar hegemony, and dumping it, by selling our natural gas to them, rather than to the people here. The policy here to maintain US dollar dominance over that of other currencies, by the forced sacrifices of the US people.

American foreign/domestic policy, gotta love it. /s

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
OOO!! OOO!!! I know!! Communal cooking sites! No...still uses gas or electric. OO! Wood fired!! No..... already being killed. OOO!! Home methane generation!!! Just tap into the sewer system!!

with economic collapse in Sri Lanka and a lack of cooking fuel imports, the locals are stripping the woods to make cooking fires ....

During WW II Germans took home chunks of asphalt roads back home to cook and heat with

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘It’s insulting. It’s sacrilege’: Asian Americans react to possible federal ban on gas stoves due to health risks and emissions

For her part, Luo says she prefers a gas stove because the flames can reach up the sides of the wok and maintain contact with the wok even when she moves it around. Woks can also be flat-bottomed, but Luo’s has a round bottom, which is more traditional and conducts heat more evenly. On a flat-surfaced electric stove, she says, the wok would barely stand on its own and would not get hot enough.

Genevieve Yam, a culinary editor at the food website Serious Eats, also prefers a gas stove. Yam cooks a lot of Chinese dishes at home and relies on the flames of a gas stove to achieve the extremely high temperatures and precise control that cooking with a wok requires. And she doesn’t use her wok only for Chinese recipes.

A wok is for “anything that requires wok hei — when you want that really high heat to get a sear on something and when you want that slightly charred, smoky flavor,” Yam says.

Wok hei means “breath of the wok.” The term, which culinary historian Grace Young helped introduce to an American audience, describes the characteristic flavor of Cantonese dishes in particular. But people seek this flavor in other dishes as well, including Chinese kung pao chicken, Thai pad see ew and the fried-rice dishes prepared in various Asian kitchens.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/as...&type=nutrition&source=healthqna-intraarticle

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I can tell you, when the electricity was out and my gas stove was percolating coffee, and making breakfast, it was more than worth a little lost heat.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Picked up an almost new Kitchen Aid 30" downdraft gas cooktop at the ReStore for a steal. Everything was there. Wife and I are planning to replacing the electric stove at our other place with this when we remodel the kitchen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can tell you, when the electricity was out and my gas stove was percolating coffee, and making breakfast, it was more than worth a little lost heat.

we heated the house for 2 weeks when the furnace died at Christmas

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Biden's energy secretary met with China-connected group fueling gas stove bans in US

'Where there’s smoke, there’s fire,' government watchdog director tells Fox News Digital

EXCLUSIVE: Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm met privately with the leader of the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), the group that funded a recent study used to justify calls for a gas stove ban.

Granholm met with Jules Kortenhorst — the CEO of RMI at the time — in June 2021, according to her internal agency calendar obtained by government watchdog group Americans for Public Trust (APT). Kortenhorst is widely known global climate activist who also founded the Energy Transitions Commission and chairs the World Economic Forum's Global Future Council on Net Zero Transition.

phreddyp

For your consideration ...

All the while, Berkshire-Hathaway LNG in Lusby is busy sucking off our Nation's natural gas from the pipeline grid and converting into liquid for shipment over to India and Asia. Along with all the other LNG plants in the Nation.

I'm reckoning it is one way to keep these countries from completely revolting against the US dollar hegemony, and dumping it, by selling our natural gas to them, rather than to the people here. The policy here to maintain US dollar dominance over that of other currencies, by the forced sacrifices of the US people.

American foreign/domestic policy, gotta love it. /s
The paranoia meter is off the charts with you today!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Forget stoves! There’s a growing movement to ban new homes from having any gas at all

A growing number of states and cities are considering or implementing bans for the future construction of not just gas stoves, but natural gas hookups themselves, a move that would raise costs for consumers and potentially have negative environmental consequences, natural gas advocates told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Lawmakers in the state of Minnesota introduced legislation Wednesday that would permit the state’s Commissioner of Labor and Industry to amend the state’s energy code to “mitigate the impact of climate change,” a directive that could be used to justify a ban on natural gas, according to the free-market Minnesota think-tank Center of the American Experiment. California and New York are weighing statewide bans which would not only increase costs, but may not have the climate benefits advocates hope for, Dan Kish, senior fellow at the Institute for Energy Research told the DCNF.

“Natural gas is our cleanest fossil [fuel] and it is responsible for the U.S. reducing carbon dioxide emissions more than other country, largely because we have centuries of the stuff.” Kish told the DCNF. “God blessed North America with enormous energy wealth, and our only impediment is power-hungry politicians who want to make energy more expensive and more foreign, while bossing Americans around by telling them how to heat their homes and what kind of car they can drive.”

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I remember back in the late 60's when the All Electric Home was the wave of the future.
Then again, they were building nuclear power plants, which are actually one of the most eco-friendly means of electric production.

Good old Reddy Kilowatt.
1676394446594.png