At wit's end

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
For at least a year, Boone and Gracie have been getting into sporadic fights with each other. Epic fights! Gracie is usually the problem. She will walk towards Boone with her eyes locked on him and then attacks. Nothing provokes her that I can tell. When this happens, they are separated. Sometimes for days, weeks, or months. I have tried the Feliway diffusers and also got a prescription from the vet for anxiety but nothing helps. Thought about CBD oils as I heard that helps but no clue which brand is best. At this point, Gracie lives downstairs when I am not home and at night. I really don't want that to be a long term solution but it might have to be. Any other things I can try to get them to get along? Never had this situation before so I'm at a loss. 😢

NOTSMC

For at least a year, Boone and Gracie have been getting into sporadic fights with each other. Epic fights! Gracie is usually the problem. She will walk towards Boone with her eyes locked on him and then attacks. Nothing provokes her that I can tell. When this happens, they are separated. Sometimes for days, weeks, or months. I have tried the Feliway diffusers and also got a prescription from the vet for anxiety but nothing helps. Thought about CBD oils as I heard that helps but no clue which brand is best. At this point, Gracie lives downstairs when I am not home and at night. I really don't want that to be a long term solution but it might have to be. Any other things I can try to get them to get along? Never had this situation before so I'm at a loss. 😢
Have you tried talking to them? I've heard cats respond quite well to that.

PJay

understand sadness and frustration..been there.

One was called the "bedroom cat" (her choice).

When her enemy died she was happy and comfortable to roam the rest of the house.

Never again I tell you! Done with cats!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
understand sadness and frustration..been there.

One was called the "bedroom cat" (her choice).

When her enemy died she was happy and comfortable to roam the rest of the house.

Never again I tell you! Done with cats!
We also had a bedroom cat. She didn't fight with her brother though. She just lacked self confidence and was anti-social. She also did a complete 180 when her brother died but sadly, she passed a few months after he did.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
When one of them checks out problem solved.
They aren't even 4 yet so no one is checking out anytime soon nor would waiting around for one of them to check out solve anything. I will just keep them separated at night and when no one is home if needed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Hope you get a miracle..they do sometimes happen..👍
Just planning on keeping them separated until Boone starts acting like he misses having Gracie around and will let her out of the basement and hope the calmness lasts for a while. Gracie only stays in the basement when I'm not home to monitor. I have Boone in my room at night so she gets to stay upstairs until I leave for work.

I did find out that what started this latest round of fighting (after having peace for quite a long time) was something falling on Boone and freaking him out. I guess him freaking out caused Gracie to freak out and they started fighting. What gets me is that Boone will hiss at Gracie sometimes and then be fine with her other times. They were fine from 2:30pm-7pm when I took my shower. Got out of the shower to find out from my husband that they just had an epic fight and Boone was in my bedroom growling and hissing.