Attn Parents!!

glitch

Devil's Advocate
So why shouldn't the teachers request a pay cut to help out also? (as long as you're giving away other peoples money)

Teachers have already agreed to a pay cut. The 4 furlough days have been accepted by EASMC and CEASMC.

Just because you have a "special needs kid" so you want to change the WHOLE system to suit his needs. MAMBY PAMBY LAND is where you need to go back to because you are so special and everything is about you.

OH SNAP!
ROBERTA JUST BLEW A LOAD ALL OVER YOUR FACE DAKOTA!!! :popcorn:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Teachers have already agreed to a pay cut. The 4 furlough days have been accepted by EASMC and CEASMC.

Wasn't really questioning who's given up what, just Toppick's assertion that the school superintendent should give personally to make up the shortfall, that's like saying O (or Ron Paul, or Harry...) should give up his paycheck because taxes didn't cover spending. He's an employee, nothing more.

L

letmetellyou

I certainly hope so. It's time parents realized how these cuts are going to negatively impact their children.

I didn't even post about the possibility of Pay to Play rule being implemented for sports and music programs. I've heard numbers ranging from $50 to $100 per child, per activity thrown around. So, your son/daughter plays three sports for their school, you're looking at an extra $150 in fees for them to continue to participate...at a minimum.

I think there should be a pay to play rule! Why should my tax dollars go to pay for some snot nose kid to play sports. I get paying for their education, but for their leisure activities after school? Let the parents pay. Do a fund raiser. Don't rob me for it.

nomoney

I think there should be a pay to play rule! Why should my tax dollars go to pay for some snot nose kid to play sports. I get paying for their education, but for their leisure activities after school? Let the parents pay. Do a fund raiser. Don't rob me for it.

You'll still get robbed for it. Your taxes won't go down if they stick us with the pay to play rule. Dur.

On another note; whats the deal with the smart boards? Are they really needed in EVERY classroom? The lightbulbs alone in those things are a few hundred bucks. (a piece...a year)

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
As I stated earlier, most parochial schools have to do this, so it should not be a problem for public schools as well. After all if your child does sports they will drive you nuts to join boosters and work concessions and do fund raising so there are plenty who'd rather write off a check.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
You comprehension skills are SEVERELY lacking. She doesn't want to change the "WHOLE system" she wants the school to its job of doing what is best for the student and not for the budget dollars out of a woefully inadequate and poorly thought out education mandate.

Thank you… having limits placed on the arsenal of unnecessary crap your kids carry around during the school day is hardly changing the “WHOLE” system and it certainly didn’t warrant an I.E.P. process… But if mamby-pamby land is a place where I have some say on where my tax dollars go and a say in my child’s education, then yes…. I most certainly would like some directions to get there. :cheesy:

OH SNAP!
ROBERTA JUST BLEW A LOAD ALL OVER YOUR FACE DAKOTA!!! :popcorn:

Oh yeah she really told me.. Put me right in my place... :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
On another note; whats the deal with the smart boards? Are they really needed in EVERY classroom? The lightbulbs alone in those things are a few hundred bucks. (a piece...a year)

I have been confused by this as well... I asked my kids earlier this year what they do and it sounded like they are just an expensive projector. I think they were $15K for each one and I didn't know the bulbs were another huge expensive per year. WOW

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
How many of these are there per county? I can't imagine this number is terribly high.

There are dozens of people in central administration in every school system that, when you see them at work, you scratch your head and say, "I wonder what that person does.". Then you find out their title. It doesn't tell you much (Associate Superintendent for Implementation and Compliance). So then you ask. Many times even they can't tell you what they do. Sometimes every time you go to the Central Office you'll see them carrying the same sheaf of papers you saw them carrying the last time you were there. Ask a teacher what he or she does and you'll hear it with details if you ask for them. Your eyes will glaze over with the stats and data everyone of them has to keep track of outside just the grades.

My favorite was the guy 12 or so years ago that went around to schools and showed Social Studies teachers how to use a VCR to show movies. He got $90K/year.

bcp

In My Opinion
You all are a bunch of damn whiners.
I dont understand how you are unwilling to sacrifice your child education so that the illgea... New Americans can suck up our welfare and medical.

because, the vile bean eaters still get their funding.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
There are dozens of people in central administration in every school system that, when you see them at work, you scratch your head and say, "I wonder what that person does.". Then you find out their title. It doesn't tell you much (Associate Superintendent for Implementation and Compliance). So then you ask. Many times even they can't tell you what they do. Sometimes every time you go to the Central Office you'll see them carrying the same sheaf of papers you saw them carrying the last time you were there. Ask a teacher what he or she does and you'll hear it with details if you ask for them. Your eyes will glaze over with the stats and data everyone of them has to keep track of outside just the grades.

My favorite was the guy 12 or so years ago that went around to schools and showed Social Studies teachers how to use a VCR to show movies. He got $90K/year.

The school board isn't the only place in government that has this issue... I think the chiefs running around in many of the state, county and federal entities need to be reviewed to determine if they are actually needed or not.

I work for the government and if I see another memo come out announcing a new assistant to the assistant... assistant.., I'm gonna scream... way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Pisses me the hell off.

officeguy

I work for the government and if I see another memo come out announcing a new assistant to the assistant... assistant.., I'm gonna scream... way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Pisses me the hell off.

It's not much different in the corporate world. When I worked for a big company that was purchased by another big company, I circulated a memo via broadcast email that we just 'appointed a new Executive Vice President in charge of appointing further Vice Presidents'. My superiors showed a serious lack of humor in their response.

bcp

In My Opinion
The school board isn't the only place in government that has this issue... I think the chiefs running around in many of the state, county and federal entities need to be reviewed to determine if they are actually needed or not.

I dont want to see one more working American citizen layed off or fired until every last bean eating leach has been thrown out of the state first.
then I want to see welfare cut back, those people should lose their paycheck too.

How the leaches in our society have become more of a value than someone that produces is beyond my ability to reason.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It's not much different in the corporate world. When I worked for a big company that was purchased by another big company, I circulated a memo via broadcast email that we just 'appointed a new Executive Vice President in charge of appointing further Vice Presidents'. My superiors showed a serious lack of humor in their response.

:roflmao:

Clem_Shady

And you raise money for shop with a cop, how?

:killingme

karen_grip

Here's what I don't understand........per student spending is almost 15,000 dollars per year. Tution at SM Ryken is 10,000 per year and much less for the elementary schools. I think the public schools could learn a math lesson here.

bcp

In My Opinion
Here's what I don't understand........per student spending is almost 15,000 dollars per year. Tution at SM Ryken is 10,000 per year and much less for the elementary schools. I think the public schools could learn a math lesson here.

Has to do with fixed and variable costs dependent on the actual number of students in a given area at a given time.

Clem_Shady

I'm willing to pay $5,000 extra to keep my kid protected from a Catholic priest.

:popcorn: