Attorney-Sue Ann Armitage...any info?

AeroTaken

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with Sue Ann Armitage as their divorce attorney? I feel I have been getting the run around from her office (AFTER giving them a $2000 retainer) for a year and a half. Just wondering if anybody else has had problems with her, or her office? Or positive experiences and how that went?

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with Sue Ann Armitage as their divorce attorney? I feel I have been getting the run around from her office (AFTER giving them a $2000 retainer) for a year and a half. Just wondering if anybody else has had problems with her, or her office? Or positive experiences and how that went?

She was recommended to me by a friend...tho did not end up using her. He seemed very pleased. :coffee:

-H

AeroTaken

Thanks, I'm trying not to automatically assume the negative. Thats why I was asking for both sides of the coin - good or bad experiences. To give me a better perspective for my next conversation with someone in that office!

Cletus_Vandam

I have heard from two friends regarding her services. Both went through their divorces. One managed to get her, the other didn't [their spouse retained her services before he could].

From what I have heard, there is no one better in the area for divorces.

I'm guessing that she might have taken on a bit more then she can handle but don't know that for certain.

What kind of run around are you getting, no returned phone calls or delays in court appearances or filings?

AeroTaken

What kind of run around are you getting, no returned phone calls or delays in court appearances or filings?

No returned phone calls, no draft document to review, appointments cancelled last minute or even after I'd been sitting in the office for an hour and a half waiting - then not even getting a phone call after the fact to reschedule or even do over the phone. I've had to initiate ALL conversations I've had with them. Other than all the initial paperwork I filled out and 2 conversations I've had with Sue Ann I haven't even received ONE piece of paper from them other than a receipt for my payment...no draft to review, no financial statements to fill out - all things her staff have said they will send as soon as she reviews them and I never get them. I spoke with Sue Ann on the phone about a year ago and we discussed changes. Then I spoke with someone else on the phone weeks later (after I never heard back from them) and they read the file and those changes WERE NEVER MADE. Then the assistant and I went over everything yet again, and weeks later when I called back the assistant said my file was gone from her outbox so Sue Ann must have it - she'd call me back by the end of the day. THAT was the last time I ever spoke to anyone besides a receptionist.

I've kept very detailed records of every time I've spoken to anyone in that office for the past year and what the conversations consisted of. Last time I called, after I gave them my name I was told her assistant was "notarizing for a client right now. Can she call you back?" and I have YET to receive a call back and this was months ago. Oh I've called since then and always get the recording that their are either on the phone or out of the office, leave a message they'll call back, blah blah blah. NEVER do I get a call back. And I've been nothing but nice with them. I think part of the problem is its a low money making case for her AND she wanted me to put things in the divorce papers that I was uncomfortable putting in there and she doesn't like it. And you may be right, that the office is taking on more than they can handle and human nature is to work on the cases that will be the most profitable...but if that's the case, then just be honest and give me back my $2000 and I'll go to another attorney. Not a problem, I just want to get on with my life

Sorry - I'm just wordy!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sue Ann has an excellent reputation and I know a few people who've used her for their divorce and were very happy. Not sure about the runaround part, maybe just ask them what's going on?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Sue Ann was my divorce attorney. She's incredible. Probably the best in the county.

However, she is hard to get a hold of. You have to be patient, but the end result is usually good. I've never heard of anyone not getting the result they wanted and then some when using Sue Ann.

But if it's been that long, I'd ask what's going on.

Cletus_Vandam

It sounds like the long lapses aren't helping your case [not your actual case, but just getting things going with her].

I would try calling in the morning, if you don't heard anything that day, call again after lunch. Keep this up and you will get some attention quickly.

I wouldn't take the position that I called you last and you promised a call back. I know things should be like that, but there is something to the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". Keep pushing your way to the front of the line and you'll get what you want.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
One thing about attorneys, nothing ever happens as fast as you'd like it too.

I think Sue Ann is awesome from my own personal experience.:yay:

AeroTaken

Thank you everybody...the reason I went with her was because of the fantastic reputation she has. I'm not trying to bad mouth anybody at all...just wanting to see if others had similar problems and how they worked it out, or if they didn't have problems then how they got things to go more smoothly. I liked Sue Ann very much and her assistant as well. I was trying not to be the irritating person who calls non-stop, but it looks as though I will just have to become the "squeaky wheel" and just call and call and call until I get oiled!!!!

I finally got through to someone a minute ago and am waiting for her assistant to call me back (she was on another line). I really do want to just get on with my life

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Thank you everybody...the reason I went with her was because of the fantastic reputation she has. I'm not trying to bad mouth anybody at all...just wanting to see if others had similar problems and how they worked it out, or if they didn't have problems then how they got things to go more smoothly. I liked Sue Ann very much and her assistant as well. I was trying not to be the irritating person who calls non-stop, but it looks as though I will just have to become the "squeaky wheel" and just call and call and call until I get oiled!!!!

I finally got through to someone a minute ago and am waiting for her assistant to call me back (she was on another line). I really do want to just get on with my life

Is Peggy still her assistant?

stix

She is one of if not the best in the County. If your impatient and want to go to another attorney and end up with inferior results... thats on you.. She is great.. she is busy.. just be patient and you will be happy in the end.

AeroTaken

She is one of if not the best in the County. If your impatient and want to go to another attorney and end up with inferior results... thats on you.. She is great.. she is busy.. just be patient and you will be happy in the end.

I agree with the "best in the county" and that's why I went to her in the first place. And I don't WANT to go to another attorney...I also don't feel that I'm being impatient when in OVER a year and a half I still don't even have one draft of my divorce papers to even look at. I seriously can't see how you could even imply that I'm being impatient? I actually first saw her 2 years ago for an initial consultation and it took another 4 months to get an appointment to start the ball rolling. I have been MORE than patient, to my own detriment I guess, since I personally know one person who went to her months AFTER I did. HE is already divorced - after just about a year. And it was not uncontested, there was a lot of stuff involved in his case. So how am I being impatient? Shouldn't these type of things be taken on a first come, first served basis?

I realize the end result is sometimes worth the wait, but I'm at the point that I feel I won't ever see the end if nothing is seemingly getting done.

Gigi22

Love Sue Ann.. Best in the whole county.. If you are right she will tell you so.. If you are wrong she will tell you so. She is a straight shooter.. She was my divorce attorney and when it was all said and done I got everything I asked for. But, I was in the right and damn if she didn't get me what was rightfully mine. My ex-husband might not like her but I sure do.. Don't get me wrong I did alot of my prep and gave her lots of paper and she said yes you can or nope sorry.. She is a good lawyer but she is busy but to me she is worth the wait and if you can get her you are a lucky person.. I highly recommend her...

AeroTaken

Go to her office and sit there until you get some sort of answer.

Thanks!!! Thats gonna be my next proactive step in making some kind of progress....tomorrow morning. I'll stop at Starbucks on my way and I'll bring a book that I haven't started reading yet!!!

Took me until what 1:45 today to get a live person on the phone, left a message, and still haven't gotten a call back. Yes, before anyone else jumps on me that I should be patient, that its only been 2 hours. Well, that's what has turned this whole thing into such a long and drawn out process in the first place...always being patient and waiting for days or longer for someone to call me back before calling again. Thinking that I'll be an irritant if I keep calling, someone will surely call me back tomorrow won't they?

Well, Squeak, squeak, squeak!!!!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Yep - that's her!!

My ex had SueAnn and dropped her after we decided to reconcile but ended up divorcing anyhow, she hired a different attorney. When I spoke to other lawyers and made it known that she was my ex's attorney there fee's went up because she is known to drag everything out. Whether she is good or bad I cannot say but I can say with confidence that yours and your spouses attorney's fees will be higher with her. After my divorce I asked my ex why she dropped her and she said that SueAnn was more worried about getting everything she could from me rather than getting the divorce done fairly; Whether it impacted me, the kids or our legal fees on both sides she was going to get everything she could; if that's your intentions then maybe she is a good choice. Personally I feel she is what makes people give bad names to lawyers when it comes to splitting up, divorce is hard enough.

K

kris31280

Go to her office and sit there until you get some sort of answer.

That's never the right answer. That's a really great way to annoy the crap out of the legal assistants and receptionist.

Sue Ann is an amazing attorney, certainly the top of her field around here. More than likely things are just slow moving becaue she's incredibly busy and the judicial system moves at a snail's pace.